Author Topic: New Map - The Siege University  (Read 23601 times)

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map - The Siege-University
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 08:13:27 AM »
in order to make camping more dangerous i need a brush with the attributes:

- it should be shootable(i mean like a clip brush) but only from one side
- it should be impossible to walk trough it

I tried a clip brush with on solid( i took a normal textures without giving it a attribute in the surface-window) but it didnt work. Perhaps it will take more then one brush, but i don ´t know how to do it.  ::)

Can anybody help me?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 10:58:05 AM »
How should this work (in reality)? Either you can shoot through a brush or you can't do it.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 09:23:43 AM »
I think it wouldnt be really possible, it was just an idea.
Another such idea would be of making the top of the blackbord a really slow trigger_hurt because many people camp there. I will release the next beta soon. Also I have some problems if I want to create an mist-window(glass) which is onesided translucent(33%). Or is this impossible in reallity too?(i don´t think so).

Are there any other ways to link the entries, than a transporter? I can only imagine a tunnel but getting trough it would really take some time, so i dont think its a too good idea. I´ll try the teleporters in the b3.

PS: Sry for answering that late

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »
I hear people saying that "camping is a part of the game" :P

I don't really understand your problem with the window :-\ Why is it necessary to have mist faces on the brush? Is an one unit small brush to thick or are there any other reasons?

For the entries I prefer tunnels, because they are more realistic than teleporter.

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 08:23:58 PM »
I have played real paintball since 1986 and "camping" there is not looked down upon why is it here? If someone wants to hide and defend the base in a flagmatch it should be accepted as some people are good at defense and some are good at hunting. I plan to make a map as real based on some of the fields I have played over the years with none of the mondo jumps and stuff like that so you really have to play the map. I also encourage camping for those not as skilled at hunting but good for defense, heck lots of times the opposing team will camp on the other teams base to kill refreshed players and that is worse than someone defending their flag. This leads me to another topic altogether I will post seperate here. =Posted in bugs and request topic=

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 06:20:33 AM »
to Chef-killer:

Because it should be an advantage for the offending team, and to make the campers behind the desks.
I think i the next beta it will be teleporters I´ll think about tunnels, but doing them will take some time and it´ll cause some p´s.

to PGPSandman:

I don´t know exactly but i think it´s because in digital version it is easier and ruins gameplay.

Next beta will release Monday or Sunday.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 07:17:27 AM »
Hm...I think you need to explain this to me via TS. Or post it on our [OTB] forum, too. Maybe it's easier to communicate in german about this problem, sry :'(

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 07:55:58 AM »
okay np

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 12:04:26 AM »
Interesting map.  My university didn't have floating platforms, teleporters, pitfalls and hazardous paintings.  Perhaps I should have gone some place more interesting.

I put it up on the EV1 beta server - I'll PM you the login info so you can play test it.

Here's what I've noticed:

- The blue lighting in the ceiling area above the flag makes it impossible to tell the difference between blue and purple players.
- The lower area with the crates never gets used and doesn't really offer much game play.
- The flag is ALMOST right next to the upper doors, but it's just far enough away that when you try to run through one door and out the other, you end up missing it - maybe move it a little closer so it's easier for the attackers.
- There are a lot of unused/unnecessary textures in that zip.  You don't really need the red !! texture.  You could make the !'s out of brushes, and the texture is misaligned anyway.  I also don't really understand the point of having a trigger hurt there.
- func_door_rotating would probably make more sense for most of the doors.

Chucki

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 04:38:24 AM »
Are there some new screenshots?

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 03:17:21 AM »
to jitspoe

;D mmmh. yeah it isn´t really looking like a real university i think, only the main idea is a university.

1) mmmh, but the lightning is looking so spectacular... Maybe i could change the color of the purple team to yellow so u notice a difference.
2) We tried it on Lan the other day, and it was only used for the flag-cap, but when I used it it was really hard to catch me... And with more than 8 players the downways could be used, too, also in order to get in the building.
3) I deleted the doors and replaced them with an arch. (screenshot)
4)yes... I forgot that... :-[  I deleted the trigger hurt already because Chef-killer complained about it ;D
5) i already thought about that, especially for the mainentrance doors. Do you also mean the white doors?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:07:32 AM by Rockyar_96 »

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 07:19:38 AM »
sry for the doublepost but i can only make 8 attachements.
So here is a debugged version of the textures, includes the dooruni3-texture. Please DON´T download it if you already have the old version and just delete (if you want to)the following textures:
-dooruni2lq
-r_metall1!!
-uniwand_1 and the rest of the uniwand textures

(also the hr4)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
If the lighting is all one color, I think it will be difficult to distinguish between teams regardless of what team colors you use.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
Hm...I think you need to explain this to me via TS. Or post it on our [OTB] forum, too. Maybe it's easier to communicate in german about this problem, sry :'(
don't worry, his english needs improvement ;)

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 08:48:47 AM »
which texture size is used for the top side of barrels normally???

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 11:08:33 AM »
1.0x1.0? You can have a look at this. The attachement will show it to you as well.
http://www.otb-server.de/wbblite/thread.php?threadid=2026&sid=

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 05:30:59 AM »
but the barrel then looks like that(1)screenshot)
shouldnt it be like that? :Screenshot2

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 08:22:25 AM »
The one on the bottom (barrelsscreen1.jpg) is correct.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »
Oh, you're right. I've created wrong sized barrels in the tutorial :o

You should use a diameter of 48 units instead of 64 units. This doesn't effect the texture size, though.

I'll fix it soon.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »
mmmh that makes a size of 1.3333 SX and SY for a 64-units barrel. thx.