Author Topic: Pro's and Con's of DP  (Read 5148 times)

SKEET

• VM-68
Pro's and Con's of DP
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
Hello everybody! Over the last week I have been contemplating whether or not to return to DP over the summer. I was wondering if some active players would mind telling me some of the pro's and some of the con's of DP at its current state. I would ask all that reply to be 100% truthful and do not be afraid to speak negatively.  ;)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: Pro's and Con's of DP
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:03:07 AM »
And queue the rage....

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 11:52:38 AM »
^ there wont be rage, it'll be truthful criticism. There will be more negativity then positivity most likely, which is the truth of the current state.

Skeet, what do you want me to compare it to? Now to when you played last summer? Or, Just in general?

In general:

Pros:
Still the same physics / still the same fun gameplay itself / some new maps being made that do look interesting and nice / Ic3y Q2 jumpmod / Jitspoe is making new Hr4 textures and it seems he's starting to put more time into improving the game itself / 3 sets of NA servers now (dpserv / [ x ] / [CC] ) -- incase you get banned from one!

In between:
Community (you've been a part of it long enough to know it, I don't know if its a pro or a con. Size is a negative, but the hatred sometimes makes matches a lot more enjoyable)

Cons:
Size of community / American clanscene is small (euro is a lot larger though) / more raging and hackusations then ever / more teams avoiding eachother / same graphics

------------------------------------------------- That was just a quick thought above, obviously didnt hit everything -------------------------

Since last time you played:

Pros:
some cooler maps / pubs seem to be more active / ic3y q2jumpmod / Jitspoe's HR4

Cons:
Smaller NA matching community, but it 'should' pick up a bit in the summer like most years

So not much has changed, the NA match community declined, had like 8 teams last summer.... (But probably like 4 of them were actually talented) and now it's got like 4 that use IRC but there are more newbie teams. Oh and q2jumpmod!

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »
^ there wont be rage, it'll be truthful criticism. There will be more negativity then positivity most likely, which is the truth of the current state.

Skeet, what do you want me to compare it to? Now to when you played last summer? Or, Just in general?

In general:

Pros:
Still the same physics / still the same fun gameplay itself / some new maps being made that do look interesting and nice / Ic3y Q2 jumpmod / Jitspoe is making new Hr4 textures and it seems he's starting to put more time into improving the game itself / 3 sets of NA servers now (dpserv / [ x ] / [CC] ) -- incase you get banned from one!

In between:
Community (you've been a part of it long enough to know it, I don't know if its a pro or a con. Size is a negative, but the hatred sometimes makes matches a lot more enjoyable)

Cons:
Size of community / American clanscene is small (euro is a lot larger though) / more raging and hackusations then ever / more teams avoiding eachother / same graphics

------------------------------------------------- That was just a quick thought above, obviously didnt hit everything -------------------------

Since last time you played:

Pros:
some cooler maps / pubs seem to be more active / ic3y q2jumpmod / Jitspoe's HR4

Cons:
Smaller NA matching community, but it 'should' pick up a bit in the summer like most years

So not much has changed, the NA match community declined, had like 8 teams last summer.... (But probably like 4 of them were actually talented) and now it's got like 4 that use IRC but there are more newbie teams. Oh and q2jumpmod!

+1

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
3 sets of NA servers now (dpserv / [ x ] / [CC] )

uhhh... DPServ is my bot that lets people rent X servers. you know that, right?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
And queue the rage....
Getting pwned by ME!!!   :P

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
uhhh... DPServ is my bot that lets people rent X servers. you know that, right?

I didn't specify since I didn't know the name of it my bad, but it's --- dpserver.co.cc servers --- Yori put them up.

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
And queue the rage....
Why would you expect people to rage at such a simple question? I would hope that it would not come to that haha!

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 12:04:33 AM »
Because on most 'opinion-wanting' topics it seems like you always get someone like Chemical who will pop on, and say something stupid. Then, people will argue to that, Chemical wont drop it, and the rage kickstarts again.. ;)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 01:19:47 AM »
Pro: It's DP.
Con: It's DP.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 09:36:25 AM »
Pro: I can make burger jokes
Con: NA community is so small:S

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 07:19:34 PM »
hahaha zim I miss you kid. :p I guess the Euro match scene could be a pro. But do Euros match against Americans? that could be a con ^^

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »
Pro:  Olbaid
Con:  Cheat Detection Sucks

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
Pro:  Olbaid
+1

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 08:26:27 AM »

Only if you're a cheater. ;)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 08:30:59 AM »
i think he means it's not efficient enough.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 03:04:16 PM »
Pros:
-Palmyra would be the best DP town out there. Me, you, biker, hellhound... etc haha
-Jump Mod is great, it pulled a lot of people back into it.

Cons:
-Lack of decent people playing consistently

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »
Pros:
-Palmyra would be the best DP town out there. Me, you, biker, hellhound... etc haha

That would be the worst DP town out there. You are the holy land for the Mormons. Also its just a excrement town. That is all.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 10:07:03 PM »

That would be the worst DP town out there. You are the holy land for the Mormons. Also its just a excrement town. That is all.

Cons:
-nub plays

Pros:
-none of us are mormon

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »
you guys are poor