Author Topic: How to play offline  (Read 1479 times)

PGPSandman

• Stingray
How to play offline
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:28:43 AM »
Hi, new to the forums here but been playing for a few years and was wondering, if I lost my internet connection how can I play DP2 still, not a LAN game but solo? This is one of if not the best paintball games out there. I have seen some posts in search about the AI bots sucking and all but it would be better than not playing at all. Also seeing the original splatmaster added as a marker would be funnier than the PGP, talk about needing skill to use!

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: How to play offline
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 01:06:25 AM »
If you're trying to figure out how to work the bots, try: http://digitalpaint.org/docs/faq.html#bots

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:53:09 AM »
Just go Play -> Start Game. Select the options you want, remember that whatever you set the max players as will affect how many bots you can play. If you set it at 8, that's 7 bots etc.
Then, once in game, type 'add bot 'name'' in the console. Eg 'addbot Rickers' will add a bot called Rickers. If you find that 4v4 etc is too easy, you can use the 'forcejoin # colour' command. This command forces the player with the ID # to join the colour you choose. Eg 'forcejoin 5 red'.

Note:
-Console is what pops up when you press ~ (above TAB)
-To find out player ID's, type in 'players' in console.

Hope I have helped. Goodluck with Digital Paint: Paintball 2!

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
yes helped greatly! thnx!

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »
yes helped greatly! thnx!
You're Welcome :) I'm glad I could help.