Author Topic: To the Mapping Committee or anyone interested in fixing a great map  (Read 3407 times)

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
Im hoping that someone could fix Mirror2 its a great match map and plays smoothly but it has leaks and a couple of unintentional glitches ie. You can go through cave from one base to another by standing on your partners head and moving forward while he crouches. and you can pass flag through the lining holes in glass by flag. You can also pass flag from up top to the other side. PLEASE FIX THIS MAP ILL LITERALLY LOVE WHOEVER FIXES IT :)

HaRmonY

• VM-68
i'll have a look at this map and maybe i can fix it (:

Burnhouse

• Stingray
Can you give us the map-file ? Without .map-file we can't fix the mislanged textures or leaks or so (:

-Burnie

Scars

• Stingray
You can decompile the map actually.

Burnhouse

• Stingray
How? I need the .map file too fix it. i dont know another way.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=7626.0

The map does not leak. But you're right, the black spots and a few more things doesn't look that nice.

However, I'm sure there was already an .ent file that fixes the crouching and the flag problem. Seems like almost no server admin has uploaded this file.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:52:23 AM by Chef-Killer »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
I've tried to make a new .ent file for this map. Fixing the cap problem in single flag mode and the player crouching is no problem, I'm still not sure how to fix the flag passing. Might be possible with a trigger_push.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:54:57 PM by Chef-Killer »

HaRmonY

• VM-68
ye, that would be a nice solution (:
=> single flag

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
map is mostly played on CTF with a mid flag. not sure what you mean by single flag mode

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
The map should support CTF (with mid flag) and 1FLAG (only the mid flag), but 1FLAG doesn't work correct atm, so you can grab-cap-grab-cap-... in this gamemode.

I don't know exactly where and how is it possible to pass the flag to the other side of the map. Can you make a demo please?

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
Re: To the Mapping Committee or anyone interested in fixing a great map
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »
Here you go

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
I've uploaded a testing ent file with different solutions to our match server. Can you check what already works and what doesn't work yet?
http://www.otb-server.de/dpmatchleaser/

1. 1FLAG mode, deleted team based flags for this gamemode, gamemode should work now
2. player crouching, added trigger_hurt, you should die if you try to crouch there, you shouldn't die while running along the wall or touching it
3. flag passing low, added trigger_hurt, hopefully the flag isn't to fast and will be reseted, you shouldn't die while running along the glas or touching it
4. flag passing high, added trigger_push, hopefully the flag isn't to fast and will be pushed back to the player (or world), sadly grens thrown from short distances will be also pushed back now

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
I always thought crouching on other players to get through as a shortcut was intentional.

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »
you fixed the cave and both low windows. but you cant even stand up high as i showed in demo / it kept pushing me backwards. and nading through high is also ruined and that can be a big part of gameplay. going to have to find another solution for high flag pass

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 12:27:57 PM »
I always thought crouching on other players to get through as a shortcut was intentional.
Really? Never thought about this. What about crouching with flag? Wouldn't that be nearly the same than passing the flag through the windows, what destroys the map atm?

I'll try to find an other solution for the high windows.

EDIT: Hmm...very difficult. If we also use a trigger_hurt here, people will die when touching it. But I've figured out that the flag reset doesn't consider the dmg value of a trigger_hurt entity. If I'd use a low dmg value and the spawnflag slow now, a player need to touch it around 100 seconds before dying. So accidentally touches wouldn't be that fatal. Could this be an acceptable solution? I've uploaded a new ent file with these settings, if you want to test it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:19:30 PM by Chef-Killer »

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »
Crouching on other players to get through wasnt intentional. it ruins the map if you play it like that because then just everyone will sit in their base trying to go through cave for the whole map. no real point to making anything besides flag and cave if that was the case.

Just tested the map with chefkiller and idias. Cave fix is perfect now along with both low windows. Only issue is high window where if you sit there for 100 seconds combined in the same round you die, which will happen fairly frequently on this map. Didnt have time to test if it also applied to different rounds ie. round 1 i sit there 50 seconds and round to i sit there 50 seconds and die but either way unless jitspoe has another solution to fix that it appears high window cannot be fixed.

Thank you chefkiller for fixing everything that was possible :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:04:50 PM by Riddick »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »
Here's a screenshot that everyone will understand the trigger_hurt high window correct.

The green lines are the trigger_hurt. It's only 2 units thick. You shouldn't touch it too long, though.
The yellow lines are the area where you could move without any problems. As long as a player doesn't touch the window/trigger_hurt (green lines), it shouldn't be a problem to sit high for the whole map.

I've tested a few more things today. It seems that the game just saves the damage of one round, but not across different rounds. So the only possibility to die is sitting for more than 100 seconds inside the trigger_hurt (green lines) in the same round. It's not a perfect solution, but I think this doesn't happened that often.

The ent file is now online at our public server, too.

I've attached the ent file.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:09:50 AM by Chef-Killer »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 08:59:24 AM »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker