Author Topic: Re: Just a Question  (Read 2465 times)

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
Re: Just a Question
« on: May 28, 2011, 10:51:38 PM »
ok. because i dont understand on how the feature votes how long does it take for the feature votes take before they're implemented like over 200 votes? over 30 days? what is it? cuz its actually intresting too me that so many of them are just sitting there

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 12:31:21 AM »
ok. because i dont understand on how the feature votes how long does it take for the feature votes take before they're implemented like over 200 votes? over 30 days? what is it? cuz its actually intresting too me that so many of them are just sitting there

I'm pretty sure Jitspoe works on the most voted on feature and also on what he thinks will help the game the most. I think.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 05:28:27 AM »
If Jitspoe add something on Feature list, it means it never (or after 2-3 years) get implemented. Why? Because Jitspoe see it might be usefull, but he doesn't have time to do it. If you don't believe, check 'feature votes' which were implemented. And now compare to not implemented list. I think Jitspoe choose what he want and do it. Never mind if it have -1000 or +1000 votes.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:27 AM »
If Jitspoe add something on Feature list, it means it never (or after 2-3 years) get implemented. Why? Because Jitspoe see it might be usefull, but he doesn't have time to do it. If you don't believe, check 'feature votes' which were implemented. And now compare to not implemented list. I think Jitspoe choose what he want and do it. Never mind if it have -1000 or +1000 votes.

Actually.....
He probably works on the most voted feature in between all the other stuff he has to update, hackers he has to ban, all the run around that goes with that, his personal life, his job, and everything that comes with having a life outside of the digital realm.

payl, how long have you been playing? I'm assuming at least 4 years?

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
payl, how long have you been playing? I'm assuming at least 4 years?
Something like this. Since b20 (or b23 - who cares). So 3,5 years. And i know, that Jitspoe have his life, and much stuff other than developing to do. But i still personally think, that this game has almost nothing new to offer since i play.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 07:44:20 AM »
It is a good thing jitspoe even made that game, he can`t implement new things in every single build, small changes are ok.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:04:13 PM by webhead »

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 08:20:27 AM »
It is a good thing jitspoe even made that game, he can`t implement new things in every single build, small changes are ok.
I agree, but i still think, that is possible to make bigger changes (just if Jitspoe give more access for people which want to help in implementing - don't ask how, i just have feeling :P ). In fact, i'm glad, that there is someone who control everything in that old game. But i want this game to grow, not just to be.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:04:36 PM by webhead »

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 08:48:12 AM »
You really believe jitspoe should ignore everyone's opinion and just take the decision all by himself? He'd probably take a lot more blaming if people wouldn't agree with his call. Obviously jitspoe "filters" what should/shouldn't be implemented.
Also, I think he does the feature votes to get an opinion from the communitty on what's more important and whatnot. It's a free game, if changes happen based on what jitspoe wants and not also what the communitty wants, I think there would be a bit more moaning...

Maybe if jitspoe would have some more help in the development...

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 09:57:14 AM »
Payl, you think he should just take whatever is at the top of the list and work on that? Well if he did that... we could use demo playback and have clan logo's... well those are nice touches but we wouldn't have essential changes (ie interpolated hitboxes). He looks at the list, see's what people want and what will impact the game the most. Like now for example, he's working on better bot AI and HR4 textures. Both of these take time, and both of these positively help the game. So basically it's what the community wants the most that will affect everyone in the game. The time it takes to get stuff implemented has already been explained many times.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 10:31:38 AM »
+1 for X-Bain to come back :o

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 10:50:37 AM »
The time it takes to get stuff implemented has already been explained many times.
I know, but that wasn't mine question. But anyway, i still think, that alone he can't do much, and he should invite more developers. That's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:07:18 PM by webhead »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »
'Jitspoe isn't going to let anyone help him develop, he hardly lets people help him with easy stuff' -- It gets posted every year, so you're new to the forum community if you're still offering that, it's never happening.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:09:07 PM by webhead »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Re: Just a Question
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »
payl,

let me explain it to you. If you think this game isn't going anywhere or is lacking and has no future updates that will make you happy then just leave. You have been here 3.5 years? What have you done for the community? Anything? Let it be.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:11:28 PM by webhead »

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »
If you're so "hungry" for development, why don't you volunteer to help jitspoe out?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:11:53 PM by webhead »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 08:17:17 PM »
As many of you can see, I've deleted a few posts and edited about half of the remaining posts in this thread to pour water on the flames. I realize Payl can be controversial, but I've let the situation fester for too long. All future occurrences of half-off-topic-ness will be handled similarly to what I've done here.
(Disagree with my handling of the situation? PM me or jitspoe.)

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 09:18:39 PM »
If it was not for what you have here and now to play, what WOULD you play? There are NO other online paintball games worth a flippin horse apple out there. I played this way back in 2003 or 4 the first time and yes since then save for map upgrades I see nothing else much changed. But I still LIKE it and play it. I would love to jump on board the DEV team and help with things from what I know form all the FPS and game maker programs I have and use. Sadly Quake was never a game I played before so im jumping in here with both feet.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 03:01:24 AM »
As many of you can see, I've deleted a few posts and edited about half of the remaining posts in this thread to pour water on the flames. I realize Payl can be controversial, but I've let the situation fester for too long. All future occurrences of half-off-topic-ness will be handled similarly to what I've done here.
(Disagree with my handling of the situation? PM me or jitspoe.)

Nicely done sir.