Author Topic: Inspirational Pictures for Mapping  (Read 40942 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Inspirational Pictures for Mapping
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
Woah, that looks amazing. I always loved that sand brick style. I might try that out.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »
http://www.safestyle-windows.co.uk/secret-door/

Might be useful for people looking for random inspiration.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 03:01:28 AM »
http://www.linesandcolors.com/2012/10/09/matthew-borrett/ - Seems like some of these would make some neat DM maps.
I like the one at the bottom

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 08:33:03 AM »
I really like the mappings and stuff but people are mapping too much now and the oldskool maps dont even have 1% chance of being played :(

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
Yeah we should bring back maps like nhb, castle1, and midnight.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »
not midnight, no offence. maps like that don't work with the new dp meta.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:58 PM »
not midnight, no offence. maps like that don't work with the new dp meta.
Lol hell no not midnight, those maps are really awfull to play on, what i mention are maps such as Shazam 1-2 (3 is always being played) like nhb , or that siege castle map , i mean the more mappers pball has, the more maps it has ---> the more maps pass out

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 05:32:19 AM »
Lol hell no not midnight, those maps are really awfull to play on, what i mention are maps such as Shazam 1-2 (3 is always being played) like nhb , or that siege castle map , i mean the more mappers pball has, the more maps it has ---> the more maps pass out

This is why I would like to see an "official" map pack released once or twice a year where the highest quality polished maps that the community want to play will be released. They would include map previews, map info and all the nessicary files needed. This would stop maps like shock which probably took 1-3 hours to make and compile being played over high quality maps that actually involve strategy like carpathian for example. This way new maps coming through will be what the community want they could vote on which maps to include.

I don't know just an idea I had in my head for a while thought it might be useful.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 07:01:00 AM »

This is why I would like to see an "official" map pack released once or twice a year where the highest quality polished maps that the community want to play will be released. They would include map previews, map info and all the nessicary files needed. This would stop maps like shock which probably took 1-3 hours to make and compile being played over high quality maps that actually involve strategy like carpathian for example. This way new maps coming through will be what the community want they could vote on which maps to include.

I don't know just an idea I had in my head for a while thought it might be useful.
An improved idea of your idea;
Every server that has its unique ''old skool'' map rotation, but maps such as shock are entertaining for me and some other people since i have played them over 2-3 years, and it just reminds me old things, but i would suggest something like this:
One big map, one close map, one big map etc rotation, it would be much more entertaining

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 07:19:45 AM »
I'm sure someone could create a remake of shock but wouldn't you need the creators permission first? Even still I'd remake I with aligned textures etc.

I didn't mean shock was bad itself everyone finds different things fun, it's just that it is poorly made; in contrast to a well made map like carpathian.

A newbie might be put off when joining a game that does not look professionally made because of it's maps especially when playing a popular map like shock.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
I totally agree with omni's main idea, even if there could be different solutions to get higher quality maps played. Jitspoe isn't interested in limiting the maps, though :-\

back2topic

TurtlesRock

• PGP
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 03:54:07 AM »
Jitspoe isn't interested in limiting the maps, though :-\

back2topic

I think it has a lot to do with everyone's idea of a great map being different. Personally I like Shock, regardless of how simple it is. I'm not the best player but that's perfectly fine. Shock, and maps similar to it, have paths that anyone regardless of skill level can reach. Technically putting everyone on the same playing field. Although I wouldn't mind if all maps were updated with aligned textures. Would you still need permission if that's all you were changing to someone else's map?

I'm more in favor of cap0ne's idea of map rotations.

Back to the topic of the thread. I like that last picture a lot. There's something about it that seems fresh and clean. o_O And it reminds me of two books I've read. I also liked one of those subway pictures. It seemed futuristic!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »
Pretty cool looking real paintball field: http://www.a5og.net/midwest-players/26616-living-legends-pictures.html#post359218

Really fun field as well. That's at challenge park xtreme (CPX) in Joliet, IL. Played many games there. The pictured fields are Bedlam and armageddon and they are right next to each other.

The most fun you can have at either, is when they combine the gameplay to both fields, and call it a city battle. There is a hill separating the fields and one city has to take over the other.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 11:16:17 AM »
@Jitspoe
this looks really cool :)
reminds me a bit of nuketown tough i don`t play CoD. The gameplay in dpb2 could be interesting but bringing in some jump skills won`t be easy.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 10:51:45 PM »
I slept in a underground hotel on my little vacation the other week. suprisingly theres like only one support in like the whole place. the rest has some sort of paste that you put on the walls forgot what its called.