Author Topic: Speed USA Server  (Read 6429 times)

KiLo

• Autococker
Speed USA Server
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:56:32 PM »
Whoever runs that server just take it down. You are destroying the game for everyone.

k thx bye

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Speed USA Server
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:06:32 AM »
If you read his MOTD, it lists his email address.

I might as well mention that one thing I think all pub server owners should do is to seek out a handful of trustworthy players and give them some level of admin so they can kick (and ban if necessary) abusive players.

SpeedUSA

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:06:45 PM »
Thanks for your comments. I welcome your suggestions. The documentation on servers is not complete. Let me know what behavior is abusive, and the steps I can take to prevent it. How should I set up the server? How can I find other players to help?

All can post comments - positive or negative - here, or email me at:

ContactLongShot@gmail.com

LongShot

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »
Basically don't have a 5 second respawn. Servers like this pretty  much destroy the game. I would say something about OTB speed but they are euro and I don't expect much from them.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
Basically don't have a 5 second respawn. Servers like this pretty  much destroy the game. I would say something about OTB speed but they are euro and I don't expect much from them.
Raise the spawn time to 10-15s, maybe?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »

I preffer lower respawn times because waiting isn't my favorite thing.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 06:37:48 PM »
Spawn should probably be 20 seconds minimum; ideally it would be 30 seconds. I actually rather enjoy the CC Server with a 30 second respawn, now if only dystro would change the map rotation.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 09:06:56 PM »
now if only dystro would change the map rotation.
Amen to that.

SpeedUSA

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 10:21:35 PM »
I created a new server, 20-20 USA, with the traditional 20 minute/50 point game and a 20-second respawn time. I've used the same maps as Speed USA, so players can make a choice. It will be interesting to see which server players prefer. Let me know what you think.

In the meantime, I dropped my less-popular Flag USA server. I want to find new maps, and may relaunch in the future.

Thanks again for the feedback!

LongShot

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:36:48 AM »
I guess people preffer 20-30 second waits because that is how much you wait in real paintball and thus makes the game feel more realistic.

I preffer shorter waiting times because I haven't played real paintball and I like playing more than waiting.

I thought this game was intended for high speed game play.

I thought the point of speed servers is so that you get shorter respawn times, CAPing doesn't end round, and anything else that makes the game faster.

SpeedUSA

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 07:52:20 AM »
I renamed the new server Public USA to be consistent with server naming conventions.

I have three servers up now - Speed USA, Siege USA and Public USA. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!

Enjoy!

Paint.clown

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 08:01:07 AM »
Obviously people like the speed servers because there is more action then waiting if it's getting played alot why even change or mess with it people enjoy it including me at times .... Don't listen to kilo  he complains about everything i suggest if he doesnt like it and he thinks it destroys the game then why do i even see him playing in that server? If he doesnt like it then don't play in it, Simple as that. I think you should keep it Longshot

SpeedUSA

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 09:59:21 AM »
Thanks for your comments. Speed USA is still available. Public USA now offers another popular alternative.

I'm looking for new server ideas. One idea is a "PGP only" site with small CTF maps filled with crates, etc.  - sort of "hand-to-hand" paintball.

Let me know if you would visit that type of server, or if you have other ideas.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 10:38:08 AM »
One idea is a "PGP only" site with small CTF maps filled with crates, etc.  - sort of "hand-to-hand" paintball.

Love the idea of a pgp only server but for the love of god don't do maps filled with crates. Especially ncr8s, I don't know why all the nubs go ape excrement over that

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »
Well way to go you have successfully ruined propaint1 for everyone with your usa public server. You definitely need to have a 30 seconds respawn at least. This speed server bullexcrement isn't working at all.

And for the love of god get rid of minispeed, tfs, and ub_abbey.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 12:33:15 PM »
You definitely need to have a 30 seconds respawn at least.

Long respawn times are cool because you get to go into no-clip observer mode and look for secret areas. But with respawn times like that, the noobs won't get a chance to play. I don't know about you but I got the game to play, not to wait.

If I want to explore the map in no-clip observer mode then I can just switch to observer when ever I want.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »
Dude are you serious. I played pp1 on a 20 second respawn the other day on this server and I was still getting spawn camped. And honestly if people can't wait 30 seconds then they have some issues because I am a very impatient person but I have no problem with 30 seconds.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »
Dude are you serious. I played pp1 on a 20 second respawn the other day on this server and I was still getting spawn camped. And honestly if people can't wait 30 seconds then they have some issues because I am a very impatient person but I have no problem with 30 seconds.

I know. But why do we have to wait 30 seconds when we can wait 1 second.

Are you saying that we should upload files onto file sharing sites where we have to wait 20-30 seconds instead of uploading them on the forums where we don't have to wait at all?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »
Are you saying that we should upload files onto file sharing sites where we have to wait 20-30 seconds instead of uploading them on the forums where we don't have to wait at all?

With your 1 second respawn the amount of spawncamping is completely ridiculous and ruins the game even more than the 5 second and 20 second respawn does.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:17:01 PM by webhead »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »
agreed, spawncamping must be considered.

also, 30 seconds is not really that long, especially if you are chasecamming the other players and watching the game.