Author Topic: New Map - Outdoorz2 (temporary name)  (Read 4895 times)

supertanker

• VM-68
Re: New Map - Outdoorz2 (temporary name)
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 09:24:09 PM »
I'm ArghRadding it as we speak for the final version. As for the walls, how on earth did you get up there?

Changelog:

Final version

(Bugfix) made walls higher, so no more getting on top and being cheep tricks

(tweak) changed texture on front of base to make it more obvious you can walk there

(bugfix) made ladder brushes thinner

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 01:20:39 AM »
heh i donno if this is serverside or clientside, but i was running the map on my cable server, not that the connection matters, and i spawned in reds base....may wanna take a look at that.

Overall its a decent map, not very good for matching on, but its good for a newcomer to DP mapping.  I would definatly take a look at some of the pbcup_maps if you're looking for ideas.  DirtyTaco is a great mapper when it comes to modernizing the maps for the almost evolved form of gameplay which we are starting to experience more and more with the further development of the game.  but yeah..nice pubbin map, reminds me of like pwa/brainstorm/ub_cliff2k4  all together in 1 and maybe a little palmtreea :-)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 11:35:47 AM »
I'm ArghRadding it as we speak for the final version. As for the walls, how on earth did you get up there?

Here's a demo.  Also, you need to give your map a title, "message" key in the worldspawn.  And we need to give this some play testing before you release a final version.

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 03:51:41 PM »
After playing this map for the first time yesterday, I logged in to address the problems with spawns and wall walking wall hacks.  But these have already been talked about.
I will say that you'll need to either add some more equipment/supplies or have people spawn with some. Maybe give people a 100 ball hopper and 50 paintballs or whatever, but it looked like it could get nasty with people grabbing it all up.
Otherwise, looking pretty good. Looks like a good camper map for me.  ;D

supertanker

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 09:14:59 PM »
Sorry, ive been a bit too busy to map lately....

JOE: I will look into the problem, I probably have a red base spawn without the teamnumber key/value pair set

Hobo: Equiptment spawns will probably work, but I will probably have mostly lower-power guns in the map. Don't want a sprayfest.

Jitspoe: Message key I usually do last, and as for play testing...i'm on dialup so its a bit hard with many people.

supertanker

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
Ooooooooookaaaaaaaay...I finally manged to transfer all my stuff to linux.

So...this map is just about ready for release I beleive. R_speeds I managed to keep low (I hit 130 fps with a 32 meg vid card) and it works fairly well. I just have to get it compiled.

This map will probably be open-sourced.

Oh, and to solve the wallhack problem, clipbrushes on all the areas up there...

supertanker

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 06:54:01 PM »
Okay, finally got the stupid thing to work with transferring to a new computer and all

http://levelzone.net/outdoorz2_final.zip
Any other bugs? Comments?

Didn't have time to include the .map file, so if you want to see the map source, either decompile it or email me for the .map file

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 02:14:43 PM »
Looks like most of the issues have been fixed on it.  It should make for a decent 2v2 map.  Only comments I have are that the low path will probably be a lot slower, and you should just name the map outdoorz2.bsp instead of outdoorz2_final.bsp.  (All non-final maps should have a _beta* or _b* extension and the final map should just be the mapname.bsp).

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »
Exactly what I was trying to make a point of with his construction map on the other thread.