Author Topic: FLUX BETA 4 by H1TM4N  (Read 12937 times)

H1TM4N

• PGP
Re: NEW MAP: FLUX
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
Ok... I'm compiling right now...
New Features Include:
-New cap points
-New center room
-forced jail spawning points

Features left out:
-flag count(with the new room all the flags should be worth the same
-3rd floor still there... and its accessible by the dead and the livin :)
     I have never done the jail spawn before tell me if it works

Enjoy
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:20:25 PM by H1TM4N »

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
when u will release next beta? (:

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 05:24:10 AM »
Nice Idea with the cap points. You maked it a bit uncampable ;) good job.
But there are much textures bad - look below for screens. And its a bit to hard for newcomers to go there.
Make a ramp wich goes directly to the room.

Delete the 3rd floor because the jail isn't need in this Map. It's so boring there and when you are alive you can go in that jail.
I think only newbies will go there and get capped. So.. delete it.

I have found a new idea. When you add "gamemode" "6" to your worldspawn and "gamemode" "2" to the white flags and to the normal flags "gamemode" "4" you can play the map with typing "newmap beta/flux_b2 ctf/1flag". Then there are just white flags or the normal flags. But when you do this you should add a new white flag at the middle-room.

Edit the weapons of the spawns to carbine. Noone likes to play with automag.

Screenshots:

Change Textures

Change Textures, too.

Change Textures, too.

Change Textures. And make the Cap in the middle of room - that its fair for both sides and you don't need to crouch on left side.

Same Fail as in beta2.

H1TM4N

• PGP
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 08:31:26 AM »
Thx harmony.... the fail in the beta2... well i completely forgot bout that.. srry will fix... and the cap points I wanted to test it out... so I made another map and made three white flags with different counts... now I know... heres the map if want to see....

This will be my next one... now I know there are a whole bunch of texture mess ups, but I will fix thm for the first beta.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
I don't like the jail spawns in this map, too. It's kind of crazy if dead players can leave the jail and go back in the map.

In my opinion item values are matters of the mapper as long as there're no troubles with it. Maybe H1TM4N likes the automag, why shouldn't he use it in his own map then?

I'll post my feedback in a few days, sorry that I don't have enough time these days.

Start a new topic for your second and following maps please. And try to avoid these box maps with big open areas. Have a look at maps that get played very often. Most of them don't have a big box with stuff and floors in it. Btw. there's already a map with the name alpha_b1.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2011, 10:27:26 AM »
First complete flux and make a final version before you start to make a new map!
I will have a look at alpha - aaarh.. this name already exists.

so - i'll give you more feedback when you have finish flux. but how to go from low to high?
But i like that idea with the cap points ;)

H1TM4N

• PGP
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »
Will do chef killer... srry bout the name... i thought it was cool, i must of saw it :)

ok Harmony.... O and the jail was dumb ... i just wanted  to try it....

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 11:54:05 AM »
when do you release b4 with fixed caproom and deleted high? (:

@Chef-Killer yes, its his decison what weapons he use in his maps, but i think he is making his maps for pubs or matches and noone (most) likes to play with automag. Its better when you give the spawns a carbine ;) just for gameplay

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »
Hm...I don't think you can basically say this or this gun is better for the gameplay. Imo the mapper have to decide in individual cases. However, suggestions will always be helpful for that :)

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2011, 01:29:24 PM »
yes, was just a wish of me.

H1TM4N

• PGP
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 08:55:30 AM »
Ok guys here ya go...

Automag: fastest gun, but without aim
Autococker: fast gun(hard to tell that it is a tad slower than the automag), with aim

I chose the automag,because its fast and you actually have to aim.
With the autococker, you don't even have to look at the guy  and you killed him. :)

Now for the Carbine and Spyder SE: both are considerable guns and both reveals  true gameplay and not a "can I get to 100 kills with a 100 streak before the round is over?" Now yes the automag in my opinion has the same aim as these guns and I didn't want to bore the players with them.

The ttracer and the VM-68 are dumb.... sorry, but they are. Both have such a horrible rate( In an opinion, not actually)

PGP is fun I think, but people get tired of it. PGP is serious target practice making you a better player. :)

There is my opinion.... ok, so give me recommendations off that for my course ok :)
It's a waste of  a map  to talk about the gun that can be used in the next map that didn't make it in this one.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2011, 05:08:03 AM »
Ok, now some more stuff to this map.

The worldspawn looks weird. Delete "count", "teamnumber", "type" and "giveammo". These keys have no business there. On the other side add keys/values like "maxteams" "2", "team1" "red", "team2" "blue" and maybe keys/values for a nice sun lighting. Maybe something like this:
Code: [Select]
"_sun_light" "250"
"_sun_angle" "72 -25"
"_sun_ambient" "30"
"_sun_diffuse" "60"

Grenades are mainly server-side settings. If you want to add 2 or 4 additional grenades, use the keys/values "count" "1", "type" "paint/smoke" and/or "group" "#".

Add "angle" "#" to the player spawns, that they don't look in front of a wall after spawning.

Maybe add "loadedco2" "#" to the player spawns for loaded co2. Do you already know this key?

Fix the screenshots HaRmonY already posted. There're a few more misalignments. I'll post screenshots of misalignments later, that there're no duplicate screenshots.

The map looks too bright for me overall. I'd reduce the lighting a lot. You can reduce it, if you use a lower value at the texture surface properties of the light textures. Don't forget to click Apply Face/Brush after it.

H1TM4N

• PGP
FLUX BETA 4 by H1TM4N
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »
Ok guys here is B4
Harmony I cant fix the texture fail from b2... I tried everything help pls...

It took me forever to make those ramps to the third floor because of where it came out was off so i left them and made hall way.

I added loaded CO2 chef-killer
and adjusted the sun

O and Harmony I made the white flag worth 10 so all play would not be on the upper floor...

Tell me what you guys think ;)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: FLUX BETA 4 by H1TM4N
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »
The worldspawn looks good now.

Grenades are mainly server-side settings. If you want to add 2 or 4 additional grenades, use the keys/values "count" "1", "type" "paint/smoke" and/or "group" "#".

Add "angle" "#" to the player spawns, that they don't look in front of a wall after spawning.

The map looks too bright for me overall. I'd reduce the lighting a lot. You can reduce it, if you use a lower value at the texture surface properties of the light textures. Don't forget to click Apply Face/Brush after it.

You should try to use the 16+ unit grids to map more clean and avoid all the corners and edges. Later if you have more mapping practise, you could use them for detailing stuff.

Red: The different floor textures looks bad. I'd use only one texture for the whole floor.

Red: Here's one of the edges.

Red: Misaligned. Move the textures that the end of the texture is exactly at the corner of the brush.

Red: One more edge.

Red: This brush is a little bit to big. The ramp on the other side looks ok.

Red: More edges.

Red: Wrong texture.
Green: Wrong texture.
Blue: Rotate this face by 90° (the opposite one, too).

Red: More wrong textures.
Bluie: One more edge.

Red: Misaligned. Move this texture a little bit.
Blue: Misaligned. Scale down this texture (50%).

H1TM4N

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »
Thx Chef-Killer.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
Attached a demo with suggestions for revisions and uploaded the map to the beta server.  PM me if you need the login so you can change to the map to playtest it.

H1TM4N

• PGP
Re: FLUX BETA 5 by H1TM4N
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2012, 09:00:13 PM »
For starters I would like to apologize for the long absence I took.  I was caught up in school and sports.  ??? But now I am on break and playing again.  I fixed a lot of the stuff mentioned previous but somethings are left as is because I can't fix them. So if you see something wrong don't just tell me whats wrong tell me exactly how to fix it.  :-\ And I also added new things  8) so it will be interesting! Enjoy!

Edit: This file is bad. It has a disabled ladder check for new file.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:04:57 PM by H1TM4N »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 12:14:17 PM »
It would be easier if you can tell us what problems you couldn't solve so far.

I'll have a look at the map later.

H1TM4N

• PGP
Re: FLUX BETA 5 by H1TM4N
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
Okay, perfect edges on second floor stone area that meet the boxes. It is not just one stone box. It is many shapes and that would have to be changed individually that would affect the rest of the map which is impractical.  Because then I would have to slightly adjust every adjacent piece that is touching the stone floor.  Then also another thing is the top face of the fire is not blank instead it is another fire facing sideways.  I cannot figure how to change the one face with out completely change the entire brush. Finally, the spawn angles. I do not understand how to adjust the way a person re-spawns so that he/she does  not face a wall.

Overview:
1) second floor stone area imperfect edges as mentioned in Reply #53.
2) changing top face only of the fire brush???
3) spawn angles how to not make the spawn face the wall.

H1TM4N

• PGP
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »
Sorry that map I just released has a disabled ladder I just enabled it here is the new file...