Author Topic: FLUX BETA 4 by H1TM4N  (Read 12936 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: FLUX BETA 4 by H1TM4N
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2012, 07:01:08 AM »
Most of the stuff I pointed out in my demo is still a problem.  The lights are way too bright (you need to reduce the number of lights or reduce the brightness on them), the capture points aren't intuitive and are almost impossible to find for somebody who hasn't played the map before.  There are a few texture alignment issues.  I've put beta 5 up on the beta server.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: FLUX BETA 4 by H1TM4N
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
Overview:
1) second floor stone area imperfect edges as mentioned in Reply #53.
2) changing top face only of the fire brush???
3) spawn angles how to not make the spawn face the wall.

1) Ideally the top of the room with the flames is only one brush. But it's also possible with more brushes, it just needs a little bit more effort. Select one of the faces and align it well. To do this, press s to open the surface property window. Change the values S and T to move the textur horizontal and vertical. If you figured out the correct position, click apply face (not apply brush). Do this with all faces. After you did the first one you can also right click the faces in the 3D window to align them same.
2) A standalone flame texture looks just horrible. Have a look at the flame test .map file to create a correct flame. You can also copy the flames if both .map files (the flame test file and your file) are opened in bsp at the same time. Then you can swith between the files. ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/map/_flametest.map
3)You need to add the angle keypair to set the direction the players should look at after spawning. Select the entity, press e to open the entity window, and click on a number of the number field. It rotates the viewing direction in degrees. The value 180 means that the player will look in the opposite direction, e.g.. You can also add/change the keypair manually with the +. After you added the keypair, an arrow with the direction the player look at will replace the cross in the mid of the entity.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:59:14 AM by Chef-Killer »