Author Topic: Potential Speedhack - Shk  (Read 8024 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Potential Speedhack - Shk
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 03:46:30 PM »
I am not going to respond to what you just said because i am not sure if you are taking it seriously. I know that people may have their biases but you should be fair when moderating forums. It is not fair to anybody to be repeatedly asked to post demos. Even if he does post them that doesn't mean that he agrees with it.

I did not request his demo, so please take this argument to another thread. I simply posted my demo with suspicious times, and other people had demo's with the same suspicion so they posted theirs. A committee member then requested Shk's demo to see it from his point of view. I personally have only requested shk's demo one time. So I wouldn't call this harassment at all. I just thought he was moving faster then everyone else and wanted a second opinion, turns out I wasn't the only one who thought this.

But skeet, would you mind watching the demo then give me your feedback? I've matched with you before and you have accused him of speedhacking too, so I'm actually interested in what you view of the demo's.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 03:49:03 PM »
I am not going to respond to what you just said because i am not sure if you are taking it seriously. I know that people may have their biases but you should be fair when moderating forums. It is not fair to anybody to be repeatedly asked to post demos. Even if he does post them that doesn't mean that he agrees with it.

I am taking it seriously. I do believe I am quite fair. If you think otherwise feel free to send me a pm pointing out how I am in the wrong. I do not mind constructive criticism and I take complaints about my behavior very serious.

This was not a demo request thread. It is a discussion of a few individuals who think shk uses a modified speed hack. Jimmy asked for shk's demos in order to see it from his perspective. It was shk's choice to comply, just as it is always his choice to comply in any thread, to include demo request. It is literally that simple. All anyone has to do is post a demo or not. There is no need to discuss other stuff about an individual in this thread but if people really want to there is a whole section dedicated to this OTHER STUFF.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »
It is not fair to anybody to be repeatedly asked to post demos.

How is this unfair if the person we're speaking about is giving reasons to ask for them? Also, like Flip already stated, as long as Shk publishes his demo's without any (negative) comment(s), what should we change?

A committee member then requested Shk's demo to see it from his point of view.

Jimmy asked for shk's demos in order to see it from his perspective.

There was no committee thread at the time I asked for his demo. From experience I can tell though that watching "suspicious" demo's from a different point of view might change your opinion about what is to be considered suspicious.

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »
thank you for clearing that up jimmy :). on a side note does "There was no committee thread at the time I asked for his demo" mean that this is now in committee discussion?

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »
thank you for clearing that up jimmy :). on a side note does "There was no committee thread at the time I asked for his demo" mean that this is now in committee discussion?

We can neither confirm nor deny this assumption.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
on a side note does "There was no committee thread at the time I asked for his demo" mean that this is now in committee discussion?

(Committee: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=23316.0)

That really should answer your question. But that doesn't mean anything whether it's in their discussion or not. I'm pretty sure the committee reviews most demo requests when people follow the guidelines of posting times.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »
Edit: My forum lagged and posted

Shockwave has submitted his demos and this is an open discussion about these demos and not about why MyeRs requested the demo nor why this is harrassment.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »
I feel that its clear that Myers is only asking shk's every other demo because he's "hoping" that something will be found suspicious. not because he "knows" or "thinks". But rather taking a spontaneous guess. Notice how the demo requests never happened until shk and myers didn't clan any longer. suddenly myers wants demos? couldn't have seen anything when he was in a clan with shk? because there honestly hasn't been any change in shk's game play that i've seen from when he was in a clan with myers about 2 - 3 months ago.

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 04:26:47 AM »
Any more off topic posts in this thread will result in a ban. Period.

do you and skeet not know how to read?

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 04:50:50 AM »
I feel that its clear that Myers is only asking shk's every other demo because he's "hoping" that something will be found suspicious. not because he "knows" or "thinks". But rather taking a spontaneous guess. Notice how the demo requests never happened until shk and myers didn't clan any longer. suddenly myers wants demos? couldn't have seen anything when he was in a clan with shk? because there honestly hasn't been any change in shk's game play that i've seen from when he was in a clan with myers about 2 - 3 months ago.

Watch demo's and tell us what do you think about it.

Scars

• Stingray
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 05:09:14 AM »

Check the demo as LuckMore said. It seems pretty blatant. Oh, and he might sometimes, turn it off, which means he MAYBE didn't use it while you were matching against him. And yea, it's easier to realise that someone is hacking when it's your opponent, compared to when it's your teammate, this might explain the fact that myers is suspecting shk. And if you would've read the whole topic, you would've realised that myers NEVER asked for shk's demos. Jimmy did. But you don't even bother reading or checking the demos, so don't post if you don't know what you're talking about. But stay on-topic thanks.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 09:37:11 AM »
MOFO, first thing, I don't report his 'every other demo in hopes to find something', I've only ever requested 1 demo from him. Let's just clear the air on that one.

Okay, to be honest I was expecting a post like MOFO's this whole time. But he just worded it very badly... but I'm pretty sure a bunch of people are wondering it. Shk has been an accused hacker for over a year, and I always defended him, why NOW am I reporting him?

Basically I support everyone until I get reason not to. When I was clanning with shk I supported him on every thread where people thought he wallhacked because I truly didn't. But it wasn't just me who didn't think he was wallhacking or he would've gotten banned. So it obviously just wasn't this clear proof of walling, meaning it didn't give me enough reason to doubt shk and think he was truly hacking. I didn't do much defending in shk's 1v1 against bix because I found it extremely suspicious. (PS, we were clanning then).

Even when I clanned with shk in What The ____? I asked him if he speedhacked, (He may or may not deny this, not sure) but it's true. Just like SkeeT who thinks I'm harassing shk used to say how he speedhacks. I never had any proof of it, I just thought he moved to fast. Just like I didn't have proof he wallhacks and I still don't. That's also why I'm not accusing him of walling. So now, I saw 'weird' stuff and considered that enough proof and it turns out other people witnessed the same thing. I don't have a problem with shk at all, and just like before I wouldn't report somebody unless I feel I have proof. So the thing that changed from now and then isn't my clanning with shk, it's the proof I got.

As the committee knows, I fight a lot of stuff against them, but it comes from them having the 'evidence' or 'proof' and me not having it. I defend people until I get the 100% proof not to, and I thought this was 100% proof. I also thought MuFF's speedhacking was 100% proof, but nothing happened there. I understand demo's are hard to consider enough proof that is why I'm hoping Cusoman comes into this thread as he seemed to know exactly what it was based off the demo... he just didn't want to post publicly. Soo maybe he'll send it to the committee, who knows. Either way, I'm not doing this out of rage or anything considering my team still always wins, I just think the demo's are suspicious and should be looked at. I wont be upset if nothing happens since I realize demo's are hard to go off of, but I do find it pretty weird.