Author Topic: Help with finding some good movie  (Read 11006 times)

abnormal

• Autococker
Help with finding some good movie
« on: July 17, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
Hey guys,
do you know some good movie - thriller, mysterious, drama etc. Good point would be fine :P.

My favs are Sixth Sense, The Prestige, A Beautiful Mind, Memento, Inception, Fight Club, Gran Torino, Leon, Black Swan and this kind of films.

- so maybe something with the same spirit

Thanks

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Help with finding some good movie
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 04:52:14 PM »
All of those films seem fairly unique, so it's kinda difficult to think of similar ones... but you might like Snatch.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
Teeth

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »
Salt and Wanted, if you're looking for some Angelina Jolie eye candy.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
Check out:

Se7en, The Usual Suspects, American History X, LA Confidential, Reservoir Dogs, Oldboy, Un Prophet (A Prophet), Donnie Darko, Fargo, V for Vendetta and The Big Lebowski

I realize the big lebowski isnt a psychological thriller like the rest, but its an awesome  movie everyone should see.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 11:32:53 PM »
the human centipede

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »
I think 'Inside Man' is a great film, its mysterious and very interesting.
Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3767599385/

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 02:43:28 AM »
Snatch is my favourite Movie :D Its rly cool.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »
Salt and Wanted, if you're looking for some Angelina Jolie eye candy.
Have seen Wanted - it's kinda cool - I like the curving bullets :P, but Angelina is not my fav actress actually..
Check out:

Se7en, The Usual Suspects, American History X, LA Confidential, Reservoir Dogs, Oldboy, Un Prophet (A Prophet), Donnie Darko, Fargo, V for Vendetta and The Big Lebowski

I realize the big lebowski isnt a psychological thriller like the rest, but its an awesome  movie everyone should see.
Have seen - Se7en, The usual suspects, LA confidential, Donnie Darko, V for Vendetta
these are also really cool ones (especially the 2 first ones - I love Kevin Spacey - also not bad in American Beauty), thanks for the others, I'll try it ;)

Thank you guys, seems like I have plenty of movies to watch :P

eXitus

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 05:02:52 AM »
When you liked Inception and Memento you should definitely watch "Shutter Island". Awesome movie with a brilliant ending. The Book Of Eli and District 9 are worth watching aswell.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 06:47:47 AM »

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
a serbian film.

great movie.

Hco.

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 09:42:05 AM »
Well since you enjoyed The Prestige, Memento and Inception you will probably like these movies; Insomnia, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, since Chris Nolan directed all six of these movies. Plus, I would like to recommend Hide and Seek its 6 years old but it will keep you guessing until the end.

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »

The Book Of Eli
I saw a movie called "Gamer" recently, and I gotta say it's great :)

Also, "Halloween (2007)" <3

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
When you liked Inception and Memento you should definitely watch "Shutter Island". Awesome movie with a brilliant ending. The Book Of Eli and District 9 are worth watching aswell.
Disagree, I've seen it yesterday and I figured the end after like 30 minutes.. But it wasn't a bad movie.

But I totally loved how he said: "I love this one, because you gave it to me, but gotta say it's just one meddling ugly tie" - the whole movie was in a dark and sad mood but this made me laugh :P.
Well since you enjoyed The Prestige, Memento and Inception you will probably like these movies; Insomnia, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, since Chris Nolan directed all six of these movies. Plus, I would like to recommend Hide and Seek its 6 years old but it will keep you guessing until the end.
Yep, Nolan is my favourite director, I've seen the Batman movies - they're great and I wanted to get insomnia but I think I found it just with czech dub --> sux

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »
Insomnia is Nolan's weakest unfortunately, so don't be too surprised if you don't like it.

Gamer was awful. Whoever suggested that needs their head checked. Book of Eli was descent but looking at Abnormal's tastes i imagine he's looking for pretty high brow movies.

Hco.

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 01:31:27 PM »
True Rewind; however, I forgot to mention the move Following by Nolan it was his first.  It is decent, although it is in black and white which draw people alway from it. But parts of Memento were as well if I recall correctly so it might interest you.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
the pest

coledamm

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 07:15:23 PM »
"21" , "Requiem for a Dream" , "Truman Show" , "LIMITLESS" , "Forest Gump" , "Shawshank Redemption"(YOU MUST SEE IT!!!) , "Pulpfiction" , "Schindler's List" , "Beautyful mind"(WATCH IT TOO!!!) , "Life of Brian" (YOU WILL LAUGH!!!) 
Those are my Top list of movies, Im sure you will enjoy this, watch 'em all!

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »
American Psycho, I like most of the films you like and I love this one.