Author Topic: New Map-Underground_World (beta_1)  (Read 2309 times)

Rassy

• VM-68
New Map-Underground_World (beta_1)
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:46:24 AM »
Underground_World_b1

2 Flag for Team
map for 4-5s

(_._)

BETA 1

Scars

• Stingray
Re: New Map-Underground_World (beta_1)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 07:15:29 AM »
Great map. A lot of ways and the terrain is good. Some places are a bit too empty; make some more boxes and barrels. Some faces need to be rotated ans some textures are misaligned (too busy to take screens atm). You used the bad texture (or was it on purpose ?) on the way to the first flag (rock instad of ground, you can see it on the last sshot you took, on the bottom right and top left; and a bit on the first screen aswell). This map would fit well in some pub servers. Maybe choose a shorter name for the .bsp file, but it's up to you.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »
very nice map, gameplay wise.  I guess this could become a favourite in the matching scene. 

pros:
very nicely placed paths and jumps, allowing for nice matches.

cons:
I did miss an option to quickly change from 2nd flag to mid (the barrier of boxes near 2nd flag can't be crosed from 2nd), which means that there is basically only one way to go for the cap when leaving the base from 2nd flag.  And the way out from 2nd might be too quick, making caps from there easy.  But these things need to be tested more, maybe it's no big problem in most matches.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:46:48 AM »
Great job with most of the alignments, clip bushes, etc.

I agree with scars, the terrain is good, but some places are too empty. And maybe you should choose a third main texture, that the map doesn't look the same everywhere.

In my opinion there're too many plants for an underground world. It doesn't really fit the theme and the ground texture of this map. I'd replace all of them with some other stuff. It's not necessary to have func_models in all maps. Just let it be if there's no reason for them.

Delete "model" "models/plants/bigleaf2.md2" from the worldspawn.

You could also add "maxteams" "2" to the worldspawn.

Maybe a lower count second flag would improve the gameplay, because it's a lot faster to grab the front flag than to grab the main flag.

Add "angle" "#" to your player spawns, that players don't look in front of a wall after spawning!

Finally a few screenshots...

Red: Misaligned. There're some more wood brushes like this. Make sure all wood textures have the surface properties S=0 and T=0 to fix this.

Red: Misaligned from below.

Red: Misaligned. Make sure all rock textures have the surface properties S=0 and T=0 to fix this.

Red: Misaligned.

Red: Misaligned. Make sure all rock textures have the surface properties S=0 and T=0 to fix this.

Red: Misaligned. Move this face a little bit.

Red: Misaligned.

Red: Misaligned. The circle means also the wood faces, the light is aligned well.

Red: Wrong texture.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:45:44 AM by Chef-Killer »

Rassy

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »
is to jump from the second flag over the boxes
but is it hard

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »
Attached a demo with some feedback and uploaded the map to the beta server for play testing.  My biggest suggestion is to try to find a way to make it easier to tell where you're going.  I got the layout after running around for a bit, but it wasn't immediately obvious.  Maybe some stronger landmarks/visual variation would help.