Author Topic: [BUG?] Nondie - Legend or truth?  (Read 3093 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
[BUG?] Nondie - Legend or truth?
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »
So after sometime i get annoyed with this. I am not sure if this "nondie" actually exists but how else can be explained that some players can easily WALK through lines and others can even jump through? Today we played match and there was a lot of "nondie" in my opinion and also i made video as proof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdBN09NIjMA
-Check the second bullet that goes into sniper it aims exactly in the oponnents position but it somehow fail to kill him
-And check the last bullet before i am dead it goes into opponents head but before as i die he somehow crouches or idk but still with this new improved hitboxes it should kill him anyway?
So please tell me your opinion
Demo:http://www.banterous.co.uk/demo/848
Time:11:15

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: [BUG?] Nondie - Legend or truth?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:03:17 PM »
It's been happening to me for years, just stop caring and start loving the game instead. The game is like that.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:22:48 PM »
Hm i know that this is happening(a lot of players say it), and its problem of matching scene its pretty hard to apply some tactic while matching. I can predict every oponnents move but there is no use of it he just goes through and kills me. And also i think that in build 29- this didnt happen or at least not that much. It seems to me that since last builds its getting worse and worse.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »
Hm, it's a little difficult to tell due to the quality of the video, but it looks like you had one shot that was just a little to the right of the guy, and another shot that went low just as he jumped (and possibly ricocheted off of the ground) and ended up in about the same spot directly behind the guy.

D1E

• PGP

Bundy

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:28:59 PM »
Its since build 31 i think i hate this nondies too. Its allways the same. Sprayer WINS | Aimer LOOSE :)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 04:31:42 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF8RCRlBubI
ok 0:21 how can you explain this? From my point of view it went clearly trhough player not killing him

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »
I assume you're talking about this shot - the ball is well to the left of him.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 05:11:36 PM »
I am not sure but it seems to me like the ball slowed down before the player. When you check the beginning speed of the ball and take the leght of daylight ice it was supposed to hit wall sooner(at least i think so)
0:27 is something similar but now the player is closer to me so i think that the bullet should hit him

Morphin

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 05:38:59 PM »
I am not sure but it seems to me like the ball slowed down before the player.

Not only the speed, but also the point where the bullet hits the wall is moved a bit to the left. It seems for me like you shoot on your owen teammate and the bullet flys in a other direction. In this case the bullet touches the player only lightly on the side.
But maybe jitspoe is right and it just looks like this in our perspective.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
Not only the speed, but also the point where the bullet hits the wall is moved a bit to the left. It seems for me like you shoot on your owen teammate and the bullet flys in a other direction. In this case the bullet touches the player only lightly on the side.
But maybe jitspoe is right and it just looks like this in our perspective.
Actually, the camera turns.  I thought that at first, but watch the wall in the background, everything moves left.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:18 PM »
Ok now i believe you. As you described what happened in times i pointed out i can see it too, there is no nondieing. But still i think that some players can speed through lines easier then others but it can be also explained with a lot of luck so nvm. I think its closed, I totally changed my opinion when i looked really carefully at all those shots. So thanks for time and answers

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
Sorry for revieving this topic but i want to know your opinion about one more vid. After some time i made another video that shows everything even more clearly (its not nondieing whats so obvious there but its pretty weird moment). If you can somehow explain it, I will quit this nondie videos etc :P.
So:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEHhiNp-xUo&feature=related
Everything is explained in video description
"
I can understand that 0:13 shot (new hitboxes, it didnt hit him clearly so its not elimination) but how could the 0:16 shot have killed him? It didnt even touch him
"
The weird moment I am talking about is at 0:16 and i think this moment is connected with crouching. I found people who use crouch often harder to hit than the others.
Thanks for your opinions/replies

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »
You have to understand that you are shooting paintballs and not a continuous laser.  I have been playing for a long time and there is no such thing as a non die bug, you are just missing.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 12:22:17 AM »
 If you can produce all those nondie and whatever the intercourse newbie names you call those 'bugs' then you have found something.

Until then I would suggest reading up on ping. You know, as you play with high ping you see your balls are delayed, is it that hard to understand that the players might be drawed at some delay as well? The youtube is full of people whining about ql netcode, doing the same videos as you are. They are dumb as intercourse. Just search 'quakelive netcode' and be amazed.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 02:01:05 AM »
You have to understand that you are shooting paintballs and not a continuous laser.  I have been playing for a long time and there is no such thing as a non die bug, you are just missing.
I wasnt talking about nondieing itself in my last post (the bullet killed him even it didnt touch him)
You know, as you play with high ping you see your balls are delayed, is it that hard to understand that the players might be drawed at some delay as well?
well he had one of the best pings(20-30) on server and the server wasnt lagging so i didnt see any reason why it should be delayed. Anyway i checked that netcode and now i can understand why its hapenning in pb too so thanks for bringing up quake example i think this topic can be locked or w/e now