Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Beta...have you tried it?  (Read 1045 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Battlefield 3 Beta...have you tried it?
« on: September 30, 2011, 07:48:36 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet?

I have, and in case anyone is wonder here's my $0.02.

Issues i've experienced:

Mouse and keyboard binding is messed up.
No mouse buttons are bindable right now.
J, K, and L keys are hard bound to chatting. You CAN bind to them, but it will bring up a chat box also.
OH...the only way to modify your settings is while you are in the game live and possibly/probably under fire. If you get killed while trying to alter setting, it's canceled and you lose everything you changed.

AutoHotKey to the rescue!
AutoHotKey will allow you to remap mouse keys to keyboard keys. I have been able to remap and play because of this. From my previous tournament experience AutoHotKey was always considered a no no because it was often used for advantage macros like double jumping in DP lol! So I didn't really want to use it, but I have no choice.

Map glitches.
If you go prone in a crater, or some odd terrain, you can go under the map and still see and shoot the enemies.

There are some issues with the squad system also.

The Good:

Movement is most important to me. I can look at bad graphics, but if movement doesn't feel good I just can't play it.
Movement feel pretty good. Jumping over items with a one-handed legs to the side lurch is fast and smooth.

Walking, crouch, prone, crawling, running all feel good too.

There's only one map, and it is a Rush map, but it is pretty amazing considering how freaking big it really is, even though it is very linear.

I run graphics all low so I can't comment on the pretty stuff that may be in there.

It's a Beta

So I expected so issues, but not the mouse/keyboard binding issue, or only being able to config IN GAME lol!

If you have played, share your experience!

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
Re: Battlefield 3 Beta...have you tried it?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »
There's only one map, and it is a Rush map, but it is pretty amazing considering how freaking big it really is, even though it is very linear. I run graphics all low so I can't comment on the pretty stuff that may be in there.

I've played it on ps3 and graphics are fkn awesome.. A very smart gameplay.. And the only map is really big :D nevertheless note thats just a beta and it'll become much better i think..

What The____?(CheMiCaL)

• PGP
Re: Battlefield 3 Beta...have you tried it?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »
EA lost tens of thousands pre orders due to the beta being so bad. honestly didn't think it was that bad but i would fall through the map a lot. i'd prefer mw3.