Author Topic: My 2 cents. Cause I know everyone wants it  (Read 23558 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: My 2 cents. Cause I know everyone wants it
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2011, 06:06:25 AM »
ohai.  shotties copying a post from here, they're long enough for an essay.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »
ill come outta retirement just to see this game prosper.

ReBoRnToX

• PGP
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2011, 02:32:16 PM »
So like i said before to jitspoe, many people have been given a secound chance but jitpsoe hasnet even given a chance to the active players that accutaly want thier time redcued to the recent act that were convicted of. What i dont understand is was the ban time a FAIR giving or just a REVANGE, and if so it was a fair trail for the FEW people that havent gotten banned why cant they get thier BAN TIME reduced or even taken the ban time of like CHALK was

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »
So like i said before to jitspoe, many people have been given a secound chance but jitpsoe hasnet even given a chance to the active players that accutaly want thier time redcued to the recent act that were convicted of. What i dont understand is was the ban time a FAIR giving or just a REVANGE, and if so it was a fair trail for the FEW people that havent gotten banned why cant they get thier BAN TIME reduced or even taken the ban time of like CHALK was

lol

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2011, 04:15:34 PM »
try getting banned on any other game...

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »
where you can make a new account immediately and play again?

jamal

• PGP
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
Jusu most games are account bans, rather than hardware bans.

And surprisingly, while playing Crossfire my teammate cheated and got banned and well it made DP look super strict. First offence is 3 days, and it doubles from there. But it does say on your account if you've previously cheated which affects getting into most teams. But again, it's account banning.

I realize account banning wouldn't work here at all for obvious reason's, but just felt like pointing out the fact that most games make you "restart" your rep/character etc.. instead of removing the cheater from the game.

Steam games you just have to get a new steam, which leads to purchasing the games again (dependant on the amount of games you have) but again, it doesn't remove you from the community, it makes you lose all current reputation/progress etc.. and restart.

A way this could be worked into DP (You can't change the banning style, but by "making them do something" to come back) could be making some kind of say... community service, dependant on your amount of days. It makes the community know you truly want back, and shows you're willing to help. These could be things such as, successfully making and releasing a map, creating How-To guides(like what Chem is doing), etc...

EDIT: Nevermind that last paragraph. It made sense writing it when I was looking at the "group" that all got 1024 days, but if bantimes are the set standard of 32x2x2x2 and so on then there's no real insentive to need to. (Unless you're up to like 250days, but those are like 4th offenders which don't deserve to be back). So I guess this only really works if it's like, perma-ban all the time, and you can do community service to get back into the community instead of waiting out 'x' amount of days.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2011, 05:36:52 PM »
like i said. the ban times are voted on. doesn't matter who you are if you have a good standing and are real.. cool with the committee you could probably get a 1 Hour ban for hacking lmao.

edit: no but seriously they are voted on jitspoe puts up the poll in the committee section and what ever numbers he puts up there is wat is voted on.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2011, 06:44:08 PM »
where you can make a new account immediately and play again?
Jusu most games are account bans, rather than hardware bans.
Crossfire? LOL. Try anything concerning REAL games... You're permanently banned, I'm sure you're not gonna pay $50 each time just to cheat and lose...

Instead of trying to work on getting cheaters back in this game, why not put some effort into preventing cheating in this game, then you won't have to worry about ban times...

And hackers may have their account banned HERE, in the community forums, but they can create new accounts, just like you said... Hackers aren't banned from the community, it's just that community shuns them so much they might as well leave, as the way it should be... Anything you said about being banned from the community doesn't make any sense.

ReBoRnToX

• PGP
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2011, 06:52:45 PM »
try getting banned on any other game...
i dont understand why rick "lol" and your qoute.In most games you get IP banned( easy to evade and also not banned on the current ip on all my computers ) or Hardware ban ( easy for some games to evade not for Dp2 ) or serial id ( for cd's which is easy to evade also) or a mac ban ( another ban that is easy to evade) . I digital paintball 2 you get Hardware id and Ip banned which is hard to evade But its still possible to evade the ban, i know ways to evade the ban VERY simply. But as a good Dpplayer i wont. MOFO sorry but i didnt know that the ban times are voted i thought it was done by jitspoe, Heres a question i like to ask you MOFO doesnt jitspoe see these ban time and puts his "Stamp" on the ban times so they are authorized ?

ToXiiC
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:24:17 PM by ReBoRnToX »

ReBoRnToX

• PGP
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »
I have gotten an idea to Fix or make the committee more effecient and also make them less bais (which they are extremely bais) but i cant do that right know i need the time to right it up. If thier was a way to transport my brain to this post box then i would do it :D

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »
Thnx for the help Superman ( know that is some1 with less bias ) and also for the people who have unbanned me from the forums account

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2011, 07:25:16 PM »
Crossfire? LOL. Try anything concerning REAL games... You're permanently banned, I'm sure you're not gonna pay $50 each time just to cheat and lose...

nah man. i don't play crossfire. I've played a lot of games and this is the only one that ip/hardware bans you. Even quake doesn't...

jamal

• PGP
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »
Jusu I don't recall losing often, but maybe that's a memory lapse? (actually I think I hardly won at all WHILE cheating). Unless you were pointing that towards 'real' games, which then I agree.

There's nothing I could possibly do to prevent cheating, how would I find out if a cheat is undetectable without using it? I'm all for permanent bans, but I think those bans should be able to get reduced (dependant on situation) based off proving they want back. (Making trailers, GOOD maps, Models etc...)

I used Crossfire as an example because of the ridiculously low ban times. It was pointing out that not every game is perma ban, and the rest was pointing out most games are just account based. But in a game like this, who cares if your account is banned? A lot of players would love making new accounts so they lose their formers.

But on the "getting cheaters back into this game" note, it's the fact that most of them HAVE served their ban times if you base of it off regular times that most players have gotten for the same situation. (I mean, look how many chances homingbullet got). They've served almost 80 days, and I don't think any of them had more than a second offence (some were their first offence). The distributor is already known by Jitspoe, so it's just seeing if Jitspoe is going to look over their times once he gets the time.

Didn't read Toxiic's posts cause his english hurts my eyes, thank you Jusu writing nicely.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2011, 09:08:38 PM »
sorry about that Jamal :D. I don't have the time to spell check and reread posts i post.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
sorry about that Jamal :D. I don't have the time to spell check and reread posts i post.

You could just type it properly the first time...

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
 Myers, you said that you want to come back to the game and are willing to do something for it.

Yet, you also said that there is still one player unbanned. By your tone I am guessing you did not report him? Yeah, dude, you are so welcomed back to the community.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2011, 12:16:24 AM »
We will beat Estonia in barrage.

eXitus

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2011, 01:46:45 AM »
like i said. the ban times are voted on. doesn't matter who you are if you have a good standing and are real.. cool with the committee you could probably get a 1 Hour ban for hacking lmao.

edit: no but seriously they are voted on jitspoe puts up the poll in the committee section and what ever numbers he puts up there is wat is voted on.

Once again, the committee had nothing to do with the bantimes in these cases. Why is that so hard to understand it has to be repeated on every single page?

What The____?(CheMiCaL)

• PGP
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2011, 03:47:06 AM »
i reported him, it's cyntex's friend poX. he used them longer then us and still isn't banned.