Author Topic: New game mode  (Read 4892 times)

NJIN

• VM-68
New game mode
« on: October 16, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
A new game mode where there is health like in other fps but just a new mode not all the time

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: New game mode
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 08:46:19 AM »
Doesn't work with this game. You can not be for example 70% alive, like in other games. Paintball can only 0% alive and 100% alive.

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »
in quake 2 there is health and if this game  is based off it  it should be possible

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
in quake 2 there is health and if this game  is based off it  it should be possible

in quake 2 there are also real guns, not paintball guns. Even if this were to be considered the registration of hits in this game is so awkward people would never be eliminated.

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:42:16 AM »
no flags last person alive wins

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:02:45 AM »
so now we changed it from a game mode with health to last man standing?

LaikeABawss(idias)

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »
I think a gun game would be cool, since we're talking about new game modes.

There was a topic about it and most people apreciatted the idea but as usual the topic died and the idea was forgotten :(
For those who don't know it's pretty much this:
You start of with the "worst" gun (PGP) and every kill or every 2 kills you get you evolve to the next gun. When you die you go back to the PGP.

NJIN: No. Bad NJIN. No good idea.

On another note: I miss that PGP sound that went like "Thunk"

Ghadente

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 08:32:45 PM »
last man standing... wouldn't that just be siege mode on normal maps with no flags?

paintball is supposed to be 1 hit kills... if it wasn't it would just be like other games, who wants that?!
wouldn't make any sense to have health bar or anything like that, just wouldn't be paintball anymore.

i personally prefer it if dp kept away from any changes that would make it like other fps

What if flags could be moved to a different location by the team, in order to hide/confuse enemy, or just have 1 person be a flag carrier and it drops upon death.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 12:21:55 AM »
I would love a LMS game mode ;)

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »
last man standing... wouldn't that just be siege mode on normal maps with no flags?

paintball is supposed to be 1 hit kills... if it wasn't it would just be like other games, who wants that?!
wouldn't make any sense to have health bar or anything like that, just wouldn't be paintball anymore.

i personally prefer it if dp kept away from any changes that would make it like other fps

What if flags could be moved to a different location by the team, in order to hide/confuse enemy, or just have 1 person be a flag carrier and it drops upon death.
if the health dosnt work just a lms mode maybe?

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
I think a gun game would be cool, since we're talking about new game modes.

There was a topic about it and most people apreciatted the idea but as usual the topic died and the idea was forgotten :(
For those who don't know it's pretty much this:
You start of with the "worst" gun (PGP) and every kill or every 2 kills you get you evolve to the next gun. When you die you go back to the PGP.

NJIN: No. Bad NJIN. No good idea.

On another note: I miss that PGP sound that went like "Thunk"

that is a bad idea because pros would kill the newbies with the pgp and get the autococker and then the newbies dont stand a chance

LaikeABawss(idias)

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »
Man you still got a lot of crappy guns to go through before getting to the autococker and honestly PGP > All the guns between PGP and Spyder - Killing some pro with a PGP isn't that hard, coming from a newb.

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:41 PM »
not me im talking about brand new ppl that would ruin the game for people

What The____?(CheMiCaL)

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 07:53:38 PM »
how would it ruin it? it would make them try harder which = them getting better.

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 07:55:49 PM »
but they cant get better if they dont have the chance to practice they get shot b4 they can practice aiming

Ghadente

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »
Or how about that gun game in reverse... all start out with autoroosters and you downgrade the better you do, so then new players would have a better chance and  experienced players would be pgping after so many kills. I mean that's what a lot of players do anyhow once they start getting better, is drop their guns, so this mode would just force that playstyle somewhat.

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 10:51:56 AM »
Paintball is paintball like stated .. one shot one kill no matter where it hits you. You can still make a LMS game with that concept but with at most 14 people playing it wont last long enough to be very fun unless you make a gargantuan map that takes a while to search. Make a good HUGE map with no super jumps or any special moves for the matter that will work, just you and your enemies searching a map to kill each other. I can see lots of trees, obstacles to hide behind, abandoned buildings, some water. but on a 4 times larger than the current largest map for MANY places to have to look and seek. I can see many campers in this type of match too but being a real paintball player there is no problem with that. Want it even more challenging too? I say for a LMS map also make every player GREEN to blend in well with the map that also will make it hard as hell to find each other. If I knew BSP I would gladly try and make a map but every try I have done failed, I use 3DRad and Silent Walk for game making so "brushes" is greek to me. I read the tut pages and still am like .. WTF when I try it with the BSP software. So in final the idea of health .. not good for paintball, but a LMS match is a definate possible game. (Practice this with a deathmatch game set for no respawn to see if worthwhile at first)

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »
how a bout a game mode called : Capture the flag?

jk

how about making game mode called: Domination or sabotage.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »
 :) a new game mode would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:49:11 PM by Toxiic »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »
you mean Search and destroy
`

Last time I checked this game was Digital Paint: Paintball 2, not COD.

By the way, there is a modify button at the top right of your post, use it.