Author Topic: Clan Records  (Read 11304 times)

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
Clan Records
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:54:36 AM »
I was talking to Joe, and we were talking about how every clan in DP has a winning record. Seriously, if you go around to all of the channels every clan has a somewhat respectable record.

I'm not saying I don't believe them. I just don't understand what is going on. ch1ll: 29-23, Insane: 72-18, Apboc: 88-35, DoP, 191-52, Conflict: 24-10, Crossbones: 53-15, rP: 20-15, TeamRedemption: 24-16, Team CC you can't see there record. It just says "Matches: 108" or whatever, so I am not sure. I assume it isn't great otherwise they would show what it is. However, someone from CC correct me if I am wrong. Just an assumption.

Now I realize some of those records aren't great such as ch1ll, rP, redemption and like I said assuming CC. But they are all winning records. How do all of these clans have a winning record, and many have a dominant winning record. I understand clans like DoP, Crossbones, aB and others were around with other clans that have since died. But I have only seen these clans records increase their win:loss ratio. So tell me, who are these clans losing all the time? Not to mention eR33t's dominance when they match. They have lost once in the past how many matches?

Am I missing something here? Are clans adding fake wins? Are clans not adding losses? Please, fill me in. I am just curious. I must be missing some key fact here.

I am not asking you to justify your winnings. I just want to know how every clan in DP has a winning record. With the exception of #team_wod. WOD? Wjp? Yeah, exactly.

That's my rant for the day.

MosEz

• Autococker
Re: Clan Records
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 06:17:28 AM »
cry more?

DoP playes vs all Clans (noobs or pros... and we also play vs clans which r maybe only 1 week old and then they die....)

http://steingolem.st.funpic.de/dopforum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14

All dop wars.

I bet some ppl will say I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM or something like that... my problem? no

And i dont care about other Records... i posted all wars in dop-forum.

And jeez its only a game...

[b]east

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:38:32 AM »
lun,
there are a lot of clans which don´t add their loses because of whatever for example:we dont girl thingy this match cuz that aren´t your real members or u hack, leave in the middle of the match and add after it a win.
a good example: dop matched a few months ago GTU.both teams won a map.as dop wanted to do the tiemap GTU left the server and added a win.we never matched them again.
i can understand these new clans made by newbs,most of them don´t add a lose or loses cuz maybe the members will leave or the clan will die quikly but it´s ridiculous if an "oldschool clan " do that.They dont have to care it cuz like mosez said "it´s only a game". 

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:43:32 AM »
The record of a clan doesnt even matter to me... to me its important to know how good they are at the moment and a record cant really tell that.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:14:55 AM »
Funny thing, only DoP is defending their record.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 10:19:33 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:39:49 AM by Dirty_Taco »

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 11:00:38 AM »
I'm sure our record is a little messed up, but nothing to the extreme, maybe like 1-2 losses off ;). But thats because of the match and etc. Several reasons.

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 12:03:28 PM »
It's pretty obvious that its not clans solely adding fake wins or not addings losses, its just that clans disband and reform on a weekly basis.  Baiscally that wipes their old records clean and they start over. 

hauke

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »
Funny thing, only DoP is defending their record.

yes, when people like you attacking our records, some dops defending them, sure. Wheres the problem? you old spammer!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 01:15:24 PM »
As part of the global login system, along with name and clan tag protection, I'd also like to have a more organized way to keep track of clan records.  Some of the results might be because of fake wins or not adding losses, but I think a lot of it is just the number of clans that have come and gone.  Search for Skater on that DoP record list.  He's listed in about 10 different clans, half of which don't even exist anymore, but the win records still do.

I think it would be interesting to have an "active record" which only shows the wins/losses against active clans.  It would also be nice to have some kind of clan hopping deterrent.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 01:42:07 PM »
To be honest, I wasnt in half of those clans..

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 01:46:49 PM »
LMFAO!

Mosez: Mosez I really don't know how you got the impression I was crying or attacking DoP. I am well aware it's only a game. Now you being the only person that went apeexcrement about defending your clan, maybe I will be more skeptical. All you had to say was "Here are all of DoP's matches <link>". Instead you go into some rant about nothing. But if that's how you deal with things, keep on that.

DT: I figured it was people not adding losses.

But right now there seems to be a steady clan community (with the exception of maybe one or two here and there) And I figured people not adding losses would make the most sense. But literally every dp clan has a winning record with a large margin between wins and losses. That many clans with that good of a wins:loss ratio can't just come from not adding a loss here and there. I'm pretty sure it's a DP conspiracy. ;)

To finish off, many of you have stated "OMGZ ITS ONLY A GAME intercourse CALM DOWN!" When clearly it is. What makes a game more fun is having legitimate matches. Which is why hacking is frowned upon. If your clan adds fake wins, doesn't add losses, uses other members etc. that defeats the whole purpose. How can you feel your record is legitimate, and that your clan has acheived that record. Now before many of you idiots come in and say "DOOD WE GETS LYKE NEW MEMBERZ EVRYDAI!" No excrement. I'm not retarded.

Well the ending of that made pretty much no sense, and I'm sure of bunch of you will just flame me because you get off at night by doing so via the internet. But go for it. It's quite humorous.

EDIT:

Sorry I just had to add this because after posting I saw this posted in the ch1ll private channel. Which further proves idiotic clans adding fake wins.

[03:35pm] <frozer> hey tigger want the tiemap
[03:35pm] <frozer> hey says if we dont match the tiemap we will lose

Yes he is German, and obviously one of you will make fun of his poor english.

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 04:01:15 PM »
I would just like to say that in regards to crossbones records.. I have sshots for all of our matches except for maybe 10. I just thought I would defend xb.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 04:40:14 PM »

Hopefully the Global Login will help keep stuff like this more organized.

To be honest, I wasnt in half of those clans..
All of you he is right, it wasn't half, it was all. You are the worst Clan hopping little bunny fu fu!! In any game ever.
 :o :o :o + :P

Sure you have a right to leave or join a clan as you like. But it makes you look like the Terrell Owens of Dp only your game is no where near that and your smack is worse. Yes I am picking on you. At least your sticking with Insane so now I will shut up.  ;) 

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 04:48:11 PM »
youre an idiot loial. Honestly. Ive been in a total of like ten clans, my first week shoudl even  count. be quiet idiot seriously. OMGZ YOURE A CLAN HOPPER. I've been in a total of like 3 name worthy clans. God.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 07:20:36 PM »
What made me an idiot? How does clan hopping and poor smack improve things? I am willing to listen? So what made you mad? Calling you out as a clan hopper? Or being correct? Either way you have now been in a clan for over 4 weeks now, congradulations and I stand corrected. 

One last thing i noticed. You tend invoked some God's name in this case twice and then call someone an idiot in this case three times. Why do that? Wh not give god a chance to do his work and calm down we all will die someday. Untill then live with your title. DP's best Clan Hopper. There are worse things to be. :)   

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 07:48:51 PM »
loial, name the clans ive been in. GT, TnL, eXT, Insane, xA. GT was lame, TnL died, eXT died, xA went to insane.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 07:49:11 PM »
well this thread has shown me the importance of recording every match with visual proof. So screenies of every rP match from now on.

The current rP record is correct and valid. I think some people need to remember that a loss doesn't make you less of a man, but if it did, skater needs all the wins he can get.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 08:48:59 PM »
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -You know who.

We are human after all. I could hardly care what clan you were in and why you no longer are in it. There are worse things to be than a Clan Hopper. You could be a cheater, oh wait didn't you? Well you could be a back stabber, oh wait, darn it. Well at lest you dont call people hurtful names, oh wait. Dang it sk8ter I am trying here.....oh yeah! You were always helpful when or that time....uhmm. Hmm I will shut up :)

Well this thread has shown me oddjob is smart and the global login should help this. 

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 08:56:10 PM »
stop loial, youre hurting my feelings :(