Author Topic: DP Committee  (Read 6769 times)

UnRateD

• Autococker
DP Committee
« on: October 28, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »
Theres a lot of talk around the forums about how the commitee is failing, and the game is dying, and jitspoe is hitler, but honestly, if you agree with any of these (ok the game dying is very slughtly debatable as parts are lacking, but the games still as alive as Schrodingers Cat) , you are either extremely ignorant, disabled, a toddler or a wanker.

If you think the committee isnt doing what is necessary of them, you are not aware of their responsibilites.

And comparisons to Hitler are just  mental. Jitspoe is a modern day online Mother Theresa. Filling out empty lives with the joys of paintball. Its made my grades slowly decline for 4 years, and I COULDNT BE HAPPIER.

Basically, on behalf of all the sane members of the dp society, from the nonames and newbies to my main man plat,

thanks guys :D

Jolly good, take care, crumpets and scones!

(Just try and make a point against this post. I will verbally destroy you. then we do 1s ingame k?)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:41:38 AM by UnRateD »

Whaley

• VM-68
Re: DP Committee
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
Theres a lot of talk around the forums about how the commitee is failing, and the game is dying, and jitspoe is hitler, but honestly, if you agree with any of these (ok the game dying is very slughtly debatable as parts are lacking, but the games still as alive as Schrodingers Cat) , you are either extremely ignorant, disabled, a toddler or a wanker.

If you the committee isnt doing what is necessary of them, you are not aware of their responsibilites.

And comparisons to Hitler are just  mental. Jitspoe is a modern day online Mother Theresa. Filling out empty lives with the joys of paintball. Its made my grades slowly decline for 4 years, and I COULDNT BE HAPPIER.

Basically, on behalf of all the sane members of the dp society, from the nonames and newbies to my main man plat,

thanks guys :D

Jolly good, take care, crumpets and scones!

(Just try and make a point against this post. I will verbally destroy you. then we do 1s ingame k?)

Ut oh Unrated trying to prove a point here eh?

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:27:39 PM »
No, just expressing my thanks. troll.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 07:44:47 AM »
 I would like to express my thanks as well, for the inactive 2 years, where I haven't been playing much, and 4 years before it, where I think I managed to play paintball almost every week!

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
i think dp is dying because everyone left is an ***hole. myself include
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:21:45 AM by Myles »

ReBoRnToX

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
I will agree with what myles had just said.

UNBAN THOSE WHO WANT TO GET UNBANNED.

a secound chance maybe?

wanna 1v1 unrated

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
You dont let a prisoner go free just because he thinks he deserves another chance.  Same principle applies here, do the crime, do the time. And the committee are smart, if they think someone deserves a ban, then they deserve a ban. Plus the biggest excretory openings are the ones that hack ( very few exceptions to this).

Kk , I'll find u broseph. N00b. If I lose it's coz I wuz lagging.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »
You dont let a prisoner go free just because he thinks he deserves another chance.  Same principle applies here, do the crime, do the time. And the committee are smart, if they think someone deserves a ban, then they deserve a ban. Plus the biggest excretory openings are the ones that hack ( very few exceptions to this).

amen?

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »
You dont let a prisoner go free just because he thinks he deserves another chance.  Same principle applies here, do the crime, do the time. And the committee are smart, if they think someone deserves a ban, then they deserve a ban. Plus the biggest excretory openings are the ones that hack ( very few exceptions to this).

And what you don't realize is we were all turning ourselves in andd instead of figuring out the deserving times Jitspoe said forget it and slapped 1024 day bans on all those people when only maybe 1 or 2 deserved it.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 12:26:02 PM »
And what you don't realize is we were all turning ourselves in andd instead of figuring out the deserving times Jitspoe said forget it and slapped 1024 day bans on all those people when only maybe 1 or 2 deserved it.

This is a matter between those who were banned and Jitspoe. Actually I think Jitspoe normally is pretty gracious on the bantimes. I don't know many games where you won't get a lifetime ban for hacking.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 12:41:09 PM »

Alright, let me base this on another principle. I rob a small bank, then I return after a few days with my tools of entry and the names of those that helped me. Does that make my act any less worse? Does that excuse my reaping of the benefits I accumulated from said act? NAH. (And before someone says this is just a game blahblah it doesnt mean we cant draw on the lessons learned from a good lawful system).

And yeah maybe a lot of people dont deserve 1024 day bans. But this creates several tangents, the two most important being

Jitspoe (probably) has a life outside of DP. Him slapping this sort of ban is understandable, its his creation, his game, he can do what he pleases. Why must he put up with the bull excrement caused by people who cant follow a few simple rules.
Also, if someone is fully aware of the consequences of committing a 'crime' in a (free) game, but then commits it anyway because the punishment time is somewhat low (or lower than the maximum penalty), it goes to show that said person is undeserving of playing the game, which is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT.

Again, these may not always apply,  but they they usually do. (btw skitzo nothing against you personally man, its a general statement)

And this decision making process and coming off as the bad guy can be tough, something the Committee handles well. Good show chaps.

now we 1s wen u cum bak yh.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
Alright, let me base this on another principle. I rob a small bank, then I return after a few days with my tools of entry and the names of those that helped me. Does that make my act any less worse? Does that excuse my reaping of the benefits I accumulated from said act? NAH. (And before someone says this is just a game blahblah it doesnt mean we cant draw on the lessons learned from a good lawful system).

That's not what I was saying at all. The idea that we all got 1024 day bans was just because Jitspoe didn't want to deal with it. Why create the rules of how different ban times work if no one follows those rules either? Yeah it was my second offense, but even still with a second offense and no handing stuff in (which I've offered) for just a normal cheating second offense my ban time should be over by now or close to it at least. If you're going to vary the ban times based on offenses then you should follow those rules as well. I mean seriously, Homingbullet and boolit got at least 3 chances before they got slapped with their 1024 for cheating with no distribution. It's all a conspiracy, I swear.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »
That's not what I was saying at all. The idea that we all got 1024 day bans was just because Jitspoe didn't want to deal with it. Why create the rules of how different ban times work if no one follows those rules either? Yeah it was my second offense, but even still with a second offense and no handing stuff in (which I've offered) for just a normal cheating second offense my ban time should be over by now or close to it at least. If you're going to vary the ban times based on offenses then you should follow those rules as well. I mean seriously, Homingbullet and boolit got at least 3 chances before they got slapped with their 1024 for cheating with no distribution. It's all a conspiracy, I swear.

lol, digital paintball conspiracy.
I cant properly comment because I am not aware of the situation you speak of, however factors such as frustration at the time on Jitspoes part (he does have a real life, which could be stressful), large number of people  hacking so he is able to manage a few cases properly with the committee but neglect others. But even so, if he chooses he can ban anyone for 3000 days, its his game.

And this is what I dont understand. Why did you hack again. KNowing you would get a ban time. Ignore how long its for, just why break the rules. Maybe thats what angers him. The fact that youre defense is *yeah I commited the crime, then commited it again, but others got a small punishment, therefore so should I*. Why be one of those guys. Why take advantage of the kindness displayed by a stranger on the internet that had created something you enjoy.

Actually I think Jitspoe normally is pretty gracious on the bantimes. I don't know many games where you won't get a lifetime ban for hacking.

This. A second chance is amazing. By hacking for t he second time, you demand a third. You wouldnt be given this chance in another game or irl, so why here.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »

In this situation jitspoe's emotions are supposed to be taken into account, which isn't the case when it comes to cops and judges. Real life law excludes emotion because the people who are doing the judging aren't involved in any way, so the cases are done in a more objective fashion. In here, everything has to do with jitspoe. If you hack in his game, it means that you do not respect him. When you hack as a group just to leave the game or whatever and then do a public announcement about it, it's basically you trying to slap jitspoe in the face rather than simply ignoring him like hackers in general do.

He might not be that emotionally invested to have consciously paid attention to that, but still, he has no reason to show compassion to you guys, at least not before you realise what you've done from his perspective.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »
The idea that we all got 1024 day bans was just because Jitspoe didn't want to deal with it.

I can't speak for others, but I doubt Jitspoe doesn't want to deal with it.

As far as I understood he slapped you all with a higher bantime, (warning: assumptions as from here) is because he wanted to sort out everything into the last detail. By giving you a higher bantime, he would prevent that the responsible people would be able to play again, before he sorted out everything.

As Joonas also said, Jitspoe has more to do than DP2. And his work on DP2 is more than just dealing with bans (the very same people are also asking for improvements on the game, etc.). If you were Jitspoe, would you be willing to spend much time on something that you see being ruined by some random strangers, without getting any benefits from it?

Last thing; I was not involved into the homingbullet case, but think with me. If you would be constantly forgiving people after they broke rules over and over again, would you keep giving them new chances? Jitspoe might have learned from the past, where he trusted people who messed with him after being forgiven. By giving you (or any other random person) a second chance, he's taking the rest of let that happen again.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 04:21:26 PM »
____________________$$$$$$$$$$$
 __________________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 _________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 _____$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 ____$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 ___$$$_$$_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 __$$$$$_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 __$$$_$$_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$
 __$$$_$$_$$$$$$$$___________$$$$
 _$$$$$_$$$$$$$$$$$___________$$$
 _$$$_$$_$$$$$$$$$$
 _$$$_$$_$$$$$$$$$$
 _$$$_$$_$$$$$$$$$$$
 $_$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$
 $_$$$$$$___$$$$$$$$
 _$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$
 $_$$$$$$$$___$$$$$$
 $$_$$$$$$$$___$$$$$
 $$$_$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$
 _$$$_$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$
 $$$$$ __$$$$$$$$_$$$$
 $$$$$$$ __$$$$$$$$$__$
 $_$_$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$_$$$$
 $$$__$$$$$__$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$
 $$$$$$_$$__$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 _$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 __$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $__$$$__$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $____$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $____$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $__________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $____________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $______________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $_______________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $_______________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $____________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 __________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 _$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $__$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $__$$$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$$$$$
 _$$$__$$_$$________$$$$$$$$$$$
 _$$$_$$_____________$$$$$$$$$$
 _$$_$$______________$$$$$$$$$$
 ___$$________________$$$$$$$$$$
 _$$$$________________$$$$$$$$$$
 __$$$_________________$$$$$$$$$
 $_____________________$$$$$$$$$
 $____________________$$$$$$$$$$
 $____________________$$$$$$$$$$$
 $____________________$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$
 $___________________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 $____________________$$$$$__$$$$$$$$§$
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:09:56 PM by Toxiic »

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »
so your telling me that by giving the recent people that have been banned a second chance, which we where not involved with the past banning, that we will back bite you? is that what your reason is?

lol, i genuinely despise people that discuss the 'unfair' consequences. dont hack and dont face this hassle. simple as.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 05:30:07 PM »
To most of the Committee Members out there, I would just like to say thanks, thanks for the basis in you. If we aren't given a Second chance then why is their ban is reduces for people that get banned? Aren’t you afraid they come around and back bite you? This is a matter of the present not the past, if you want keep the ban on us then go head we can’t do anything about it, but let it be known that "hackers" will always exist in this world; this is reality and not some fairy tale.
Getting banned doesn't give you more rights or power than others. Actually I think banned players should be quiet, at least until' their cases are resolved.

Quite but why? if we can’t even get our ban times reduced or reconsidered, and who said about anything about getting power or more rights. Speaking of rights hadn’t some one said this?
In this situation jitspoe's emotions are supposed to be taken into account, which isn't the case when it comes to cops and judges. Real life law excludes emotion because the people who are doing the judging aren't involved in any way, so the cases are done in a more objective fashion..

Ok so what’s happening here? Because after joonas posted that ptvjimmy who had agreed with joonas with that statement. Ok let’s get on track again by simply giving people that want a second chance and give them a second chance, but then we get people saying “to bad life is cruel”. This is how i will respond to them "We despise the act that others do, but we don't despise the acts that we do ourselves", we will also face answers like these "don't do the crime, if you cant do the crime" then my answer is to them "everyone makes mistakes, name me one person that hadn't made a single mistake in their life"

These are all the people that were given a second chance that had used their hacks.
BSoD
Zaltekk
Person who created the Penix hack
person who made the  Zoogooz hack
people who had used their hacks:
Nahlij/dontbescurred/[pA]iCeTaNX (21893)
Termin8oR (5254)
HollowS, HollowZ (58694)
SuKO-RU, J, NOOBSAUCE (5019)
ic3y, phasenverschiebung, #c0NF|ic3y, >HuI< (5278)
Ch1ll (67671)
thesnake, NoName, Cipa-nie-dziala (59198)
ZOMBEK, Krasnal
<PGP>MIK
<PGP>MIK, MATEKKK, matek (72534)
DWAASJUH, Dwaasje (85166)
SGT_RIDIN
DarkWoman (83426)
noname - mcc30.lib.UPENN.EDU, Pylon (26071)
Martin_Hiermiej (19702)
ownz3r (42543)
Hoffig, PB-IS-MY-LIFE (5405)
(BGT=BCIO)
@somerandom@ (75656)
OSTRY@ (76851)
newbie - cm-84-91-78-8.netvisao.pt ([PK3]*GhoosT*?) (60125)
noname - bl9-229-223.dsl.telepac.pt
Jaeden (75601)
PWNDXintercourseR (73615)
PRO_Tr1ckSh0t_PRO (75082)
MEEE, SpartanAngel (75222)
,Fast|SAMcz (36368)
DAMIAN(=)[]))
>>Mfp<<GRABA, NEW/PLAYER, ODMIANA/NEWBIE, NONAME
Kratos (5456)
IamTheDiablo, WhoopAh, BeViS (5465)
|lost|bruno
newbie, THOMASQO (49180)
|lost|jorginho
anon, deathscith (73717)
XSONICXHedgehog
]HERO[hemy (72385)
NUNN, Scube
newbie - cust-IP-11.data.tre.se, *Peace*Bunny* (72837)
Ow, TrusT (59634)
MICE
GERproCHEF, *GER*KILLER, germankiller, GERKILLA (58822)
Alg, lod, Violet, Jun!or, LaME (65716)
Cipa-nie-dziala
k12audio (49747)
AIMBDT, calling (34547)
L@x_M@n (71537)
ART, ryex (19446)
[u2]@x9alex2x@ (52500)
pieman, mapie2 (70234)
COUNTER*STIKE
-tdtdpb-AlF.cl (70200)
Alaric, KaySL (58552)
INSANE@, XPIEX, newbie - c-76-120-54-14.hsd1.co.comcast.net
dot (54135)
These where only Zaltekk's people and that’s not all of them that were involved with him, so i ask what made us so different?

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »
moot point

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »
lol, toxic, no offense mate, but you lack any real reasoning in your argument.

To most of the Committee Members out there, I would just like to say thanks, thanks for the basis in you. If we aren't given a Second chance then why is their ban is reduces for people that get banned? Aren’t you afraid they come around and back bite you? This is a matter of the present not the past, if you want keep the ban on us then go head we can’t do anything about it, but let it be known that "hackers" will always exist in this world; this is reality and not some fairy tale. 

We should let hackers off because they exist in the world and lifes not a fairy tale?

Theres rapists, burglars, murderes, frauds, liars, cheats, child abusers, terrorists, criminals in general - the way to deter them off crime is punishment., Unfortunately, thats the only way excretory opening learn. Generosity is rarely reciprocated. And the committee isnt stupidly bias - perhaps theres some personal involvement in issues, but never to the extent that bans are drastically changed.

Quite but why? if we can’t even get our ban times reduced or reconsidered, and who said about anything about getting power or more rights. Speaking of rights hadn’t some one said this? 
Ok so what’s happening here? Because after joonas posted that ptvjimmy who had agreed with joonas with that statement. Ok let’s get on track again by simply giving people that want a second chance and give them a second chance, but then we get people saying “to bad life is cruel”. This is how i will respond to them "We despise the act that others do, but we don't despise the acts that we do ourselves", we will also face answers like these "don't do the crime, if you cant do the crime" then my answer is to them "everyone makes mistakes, name me one person that hadn't made a single mistake in their life"

Just the fact that SO many people have hacked twice we can deduce second chances dont work. Yet theres STILL second chances, and even third offered to hackers.

the ban system caters for extra chances. However, people abuse these chances, thus the system needs to be stricter if anything.

As for those that share cheats, you dont accidentally share a cheat. A mistake is running into someone, coming early, dropping a vase, doing water damage to your phone.

Downloading a cheat is not a mistake. If someoen tells you 'dont download a hack and/or spread them to other people', the second you breach that, youve commited a crime, not a mistake. Its ridiculous how you can even try to argue the 'we make mistakes' plea, its so  illogical and retarded.

And the whole 'we despise what others do etc.' argument is also invalid. We dont hack, others do. Thats why we can pass judgement whilst not being banned ^