Author Topic: DP Committee should do something... seriously part 2.  (Read 33102 times)

Haze

• VM-68
DP Committee should do something... seriously part 2.
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »
im allowed to start a new topic right? it wont get me banned? anyways part 1 got locked by a administrator and i feel it wasnt productive enough so i've decided to make a new topic.  i made a valid point in part 1 saying that tom|vendetta successfully brought in a good percentage of playeds into the dp community by posting this game on some website. and thats when all these euros came and started playing, example all the czechoslovakians none of them started playing until tom vendetta spread the word.  so im asking, who knows how he did it? which website did he use? what websites can we use? i want the committee to go fetch some intercourseking people and get them to play this shhitty intercourseking game.  see ya hhomos

UnRateD

• Autococker
Re: DP Committee should do something... seriously part 2.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:52:34 PM »
I think I agree with Haze's underlying point, and we do need to bring more people in (duh).

Theres a lot of talk about getting banned people unbanned, but itd be far better to bring in new players who arent hacking wankers that 'only used once'. Advertising it obviously one way of doing it, but its not up to the committee as that isnt there job, instead its up to the entire community. Maybe people should advertise it on websites they or their friends may have, spread the news by word of mouth? Audition for the x factor, do a bad enough performance to get aired and wear a shirt that says dplogin.com whilst doing it..? Start a money pot where we all pitch in for an advert :)..

Either way, the game is really intercoursing good lol. Best free game with the majority of people being really cool guys , group effort time *does a dance*.

Good day chaps.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:21:53 PM by UnRateD »

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 07:35:02 PM »
...with the majority of people being really cool guys , group effort time *does a dance*.

Of course the people who are playing atm think that, but one reason we can't keep new players around because we have ***holes who turn them down from clans, kick them from pubs, and talk trash to them.

I agree for the most part, but I do think people need to change their attitudes towards new players. Unlike other games, we dont have a crap load of experienced players around, so the few that are here have a great impact.

Theres a lot of talk about getting banned people unbanned, but itd be far better to bring in new players who arent hacking wankers that 'only used once'.

Also, I don't agree with this. Your clan leader was just unbanned and the owner of the vent you use is currently banned lol... If you look at the expired banned list, you'll see how many players were given a second chance and are now active players. (Your buddy Morbid who has been banned for several reasons is a great example, and so am I)

Advertising: Almost everyone who plays this game plays multiple games, so go make a post on their forums in the off-topic section or something. (League of Legends, Tf2, Quake Live, Cs:s, Club Penguin)

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
i'm appreciating this post.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
seriously,

I don´t even see the point of discussing about whether there should be done something, there should be a place where we can collect those ideas, and it´s really hard for me to get trough all this spam, don´t you have any hobbys? Do u have nothing left to do, or are you forced to fight each other instead of really talking to each other and really DISKUSSING! I mean where is the whole result of this 15 answers? Half of it is spam or insults and i´m not talking about this thread only. And it should be possible for everyone to tell his opinion without being offended. It´s really stupid if you want to hear the others ideas, that between it there is nothing more than nothing.

i don´t know, but i think that i´m not the only one to think this way or a similar one. I really have to stop now or this post will be posted in 2012.

[i´m referring in the hole post to part 1, part 2 is better though.
And don´t complain about my english  >:( ]

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »
And don´t complain about my english  >:( ]

i have to, because that was just terrible.. you might aswell just admit your ph3n1x's 6th multi account, or maybe its Gohan!!

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »
Rockyar.I know you're talking about haze's post but just in case you're also talking about mine, I didn't insult anyone. I just posted what was wrong with the community(including me) so that we can fix it.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
thank u for the perfect example.
That´s exactly what i´m complaining about.

EDIT: I´m complaining about the general situation, not about several people.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
Of course the people who are playing atm think that, but one reason we can't keep new players around because we have ***holes who turn them down from clans, kick them from pubs, and talk trash to them.

I agree for the most part, but I do think people need to change their attitudes towards new players. Unlike other games, we dont have a crap load of experienced players around, so the few that are here have a great impact.

Also, I don't agree with this. Your clan leader was just unbanned and the owner of the vent you use is currently banned lol... If you look at the expired banned list, you'll see how many players were given a second chance and are now active players. (Your buddy Morbid who has been banned for several reasons is a great example, and so am I)

Advertising: Almost everyone who plays this game plays multiple games, so go make a post on their forums in the off-topic section or something. (League of Legends, Tf2, Quake Live, Cs:s, Club Penguin)

Hm I wanted to sum up my suggestion/opinion in a nutshell, but what I meant to say is that more attention needs to be payed on getting new members over bringing back old ones, although perhaps those that have been banned for a long time should maybe be put under reconsideration to be brought back, but thats a touchy topic :p

+1 for the forum idea.

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
i dont think anyone cares unrated, just get on your pub in dp2 and talk with me and shao thanks.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »

I'd rather die in a intercourse pit with used needles lying around than play club penguin to spread the word.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
I'd rather die in a intercourse pit with used needles lying around than play club penguin to spread the word.

thats pretty dumb lol.i dont know when you'd ever be faced with that choice

it would also be cool if any Americans wanted to start doing 2v2/1v1 tournaments like shockwave used to throw together on the weekends and during the summer :D It used to only take us like 30 minutes to set up

the warsow community is even closer to dying than we are :D they recently started doing a team duel league that took place every Saturday night. It boosted the activity a little.

We don't have enough clans to do that kinda thing yet, but we can start off with like an on going 2v2/3v3 bracket (teams based on skill level) that would take place once or twice a week.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »
thats pretty dumb lol.i dont know when you'd ever be faced with that choice

You never know...

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »
it would also be cool if any Americans wanted to start doing 2v2/1v1 tournaments like shockwave used to throw together on the weekends and during the summer :D It used to only take us like 30 minutes to set up

I want to set up my website for this in the near future.  If anyone knows of some good html game brackets, ladders or things like that let me know.

More related to the topic:  Start using Reddit to spread the DP word.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 06:18:11 AM »
#1  The last thread got locked because it wasn't going anywhere. Sort of like this one.

#2   The committee's job isn't advertising.

#3   Instead of making multiple threads of what other people are doing why don't you get off the DP forums and do something productive for this community?

The only thing wrong with this game is the players. Since becoming active in these forums years ago I have seen it all. The one thing that really sticks out is how quick people like to blame others or simply not be proactive when dealing with a given situation. People cheated. As a result they were banned. In most cases they were given a warning or knew their actions were suspect. Get over it. Play the game. If you think it needs more players HELP the person who has given you a free game by doing what you can to help. If you're not willing to help yourselves why should anyone else make the effort?

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 08:49:11 AM »
Thanks blaa,  I will check that out.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 07:13:25 AM »
#4 instead of having good commitee members we have guys like fl1p who think hes always right and never says anything clever

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »
#5 We have trolls like Rocky who can never add anything to a discussion.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »
#6 we have biased fugboys like fl1p in the committee who only really care about anything if it involves CC

if only committee members were voted in by the community

idk why your answer to everything is to lock the thread when you know someone is just gonna make a new one.

Forums are for discussions, so let us say what we have to say
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:13:34 AM by Myles »