Author Topic: DP Committee should do something... seriously part 2.  (Read 33081 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: DP Committee should do something... seriously part 2.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 12:46:39 AM »
#6 we have biased fugboys like fl1p in the committee who only really care about anything if it involves CC

if only committee members were voted in by the community

idk why your answer to everything is to lock the thread when you know someone is just gonna make a new one.

Forums are for discussions, so let us say what we have to say

Please get your facts straight. I'm am biased against people who break the rules. You got me. They are voted in by the community. Sorry if the committee tries to keep the hackers out of the committee. I do not lock every thread. Please show me which threads I have locked to keep a ACTUAL discussion from happening. If you abide by the rules you may say what you will.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »
I don't know what you consider an "ACTUAL discussion", but usually a discussion is when you like uh.... discuss.

There's a reason why every time you guys lock a thread, someone makes another thread so that they can reply. When people are done saying what they want to say, they will stop replying...

Sorry if we don't post things that are useful according to your standards. This is a forum for a video game, not school. Not everyone wants to be completely serious. I guess I might start to think the same way you do if I'm still playing video games when I'm 40.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »
 So, you're saying that you will quit as soon as you mature up? darn, will never get rid of you :(

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »
No. I don't see that anywhere in my post lol

I meant if i don't get shot or go to jail by the time I'm 40 , then I'll being posting some pretty good stuff . I only gotta last 25 more years :D

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »
if i don't get shot or go to jail by the time I'm 40

teehee.

Some of the threads that get locked shouldnt have been locked, but that also works the other way round..although in free speech forums, locking is basically censorship (in some cases)

Paint.clown

• Stingray
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »
Talking about this game on other forums is a good idea.

Instead of talking about it and suggesting ill do it..

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 05:58:29 AM »
I don't know what you consider an "ACTUAL discussion", but usually a discussion is when you like uh.... discuss.

There's a reason why every time you guys lock a thread, someone makes another thread so that they can reply. When people are done saying what they want to say, they will stop replying...

Sorry if we don't post things that are useful according to your standards. This is a forum for a video game, not school. Not everyone wants to be completely serious. I guess I might start to think the same way you do if I'm still playing video games when I'm 40.

This is exactly what I am talking about. This thread is about the committee doing something to help this game.

#1 The committee was not established to do this. This makes the thread pointless correct?

#2 Why are you continuously bringing my behavior as a forum mod into this?

#3 Please show me where I LOCKED a thread just for the sake of ending a legitimate, on topic discussion. Please go ahead.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 06:09:33 AM »
I guess I might start to think the same way you do if I'm still playing video games when I'm 40.

This is awesome. First time I heard this one. You see, my generation brought video game consoles into the mainstream. It has always been a passion. As I get older I play the games a little less often, which is what eventually happens to a busy person. Another note, is I have four kids. I have a reason for being home bored sometimes. I bust my butt at a job, running kids around to classes all week, my wife an I both have descent paying jobs but still keep going to school to better ourselves. When I have down time I play games. Get over it. over half of the video game industry is fueled by men over the age of 27. You're a teenager? Shouldn't you be out doing stuff? Being social? Learning how to ride a bike? Meeting girls? Learning how to get a job? Figuring out which end is sharp on a razor? Doing something productive? Asking yourself questions about life? Figuring out if wearing those tight hip hugger jeans really will impress that girl you have a crush on. Keeping your Justin Bieber hair neatly trimmed. Anything? What's your excuse?

Awe look. Another discussion derailed.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »
1. I know how to ride a bike, I'm black so I can't have that luscious Bieber hair, and I have a girlfriend.

2.most of the people that play this game are around my age. and I have plenty of time to do everything you just listed(although I didn't read most of it)

If  you wanted to have a conversation about me not having a life, private message me, but the comment about your age wasn't meant as an insult. I'm saying that most of us a teens and you're a lot older than us, which is why you are a more mature/serious person. We want to have fun, and the players think of committee members as leaders, so of course you all are blamed when we aren't having fun. Who cares if jitspoe only meant for the committee to help with rule violations...does that mean you can't help the game too?

If the community actually does vote for the committee members like you said, then almost all of the match scene must have missed the last election. Most of us would have voted for people who are active players and would try to help the game.

Awe look. Another discussion derailed.

Thanks to you. I've only criticized the committee and posted suggestions. You've pretty much just told us to shut up because we're not going to get anywhere...

BTW: This isn't only me talking, I try to talk to the people who Flamer's vent (3/5 active american clans) before I post.

i don't think a lot of that made sense im a little "loopy" and a little african and i had to right-click just about everything so that it could be auto-fixed.

Paint.clown

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »
BTW: This isn't only me talking, I try to talk to the people who Flamer's vent (3/5 active american clans) before I post.

Q: What are the 5 active american clans?

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 02:15:50 PM »
CC, uRa, b , CRo, iD ohsheeet i got all 5 thx.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 02:42:23 PM »
Thanks to you. I've only criticized the committee and posted suggestions. You've pretty much just told us to shut up because we're not going to get anywhere...

We're back at the very same discussion we had in the other thread...

I have no problems with people criticizing the committee (I actually appreciate it, as also I think some stuff could be improved), but criticizing doesn't help if you're not aware of what the committee does, and is supposed to do.

Also, I fear Fl1p is right once again. Raging over the committee, even if meant constructive, is not going to bring you anywhere. Webhead opened a thread to ask the community for feedback a while ago and posted some stuff he'd like to change, but he got ruled out by Jitspoe himself. As the committee only has an advising role for Jitspoe, and he is fine with the way things go, there is no need to change anything (seen from his point of view).

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 09:12:19 PM »
If the community actually does vote for the committee members like you said, then almost all of the match scene must have missed the last election. Most of us would have voted for people who are active players and would try to help the game.

myles: your quote is valid. 

Fl1p: it would of been better if you said nothing at all, seriously.

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 09:15:27 PM »
As the committee only has an advising role for Jitspoe, and he is fine with the way things go, there is no need to change anything (seen from his point of view).

pvtjimmy: im sorry but you're wrong.  there needs to be a change because the way things are going there wont be a dp2.  the committee is useless at the moment.  maybe you guys should get together and better the game before its no longer fun.   actually im wrong, the game is no longer fun. the question is how much worse can it get...

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 09:16:42 PM »
honestly this game was fun 6 to 8 years ago.  and been getting worse and worse very slowly since then.  hilarious.

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »
i agree with myles about getting active players from the communittee to help out cuz inactive people like me wont.  theres a reason why were inactive and its cuz its not fun anymore for us to play this game, we dont care about it as much anymore we have other better stuff to do.  an active player would want to enhance their game play and would be more motivated to help out than someone like me and fl1p.  And the communittee needs to know what rules the committee aren't allowed to break, or how to get rid of a committee member that's a pest.  this will keep the committee in line because theyre nobody special anyway, they dont help the communittee grow infact the communitee is decreasing. 

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 09:28:27 PM »
fl1p: post a pic of you and your wife

Paint.clown

• Stingray
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »
It's not so much the game itself it's the players we are missing here... The game isnt going to change much and i like it the way it is, I think if we had about 10 more active matching players there wouldn't be complaining... I think you have nearly as much power as they do about helping the game maybe give out donations or contact friends,websites do something other then telling them to do something..

Also I dont think you can say the entire "Committee" because i know that superman has been doing the most to get this game back on it's feet, and i dont think your seeing that the matching scene is growing slowly for americans anyway but like i said the committe shouldn't be the ones to blame for the game not being "fun"

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 09:34:41 AM »
pvtjimmy: im sorry but you're wrong.  there needs to be a change because the way things are going there wont be a dp2.  the committee is useless at the moment.

There is a reason I wrote "seen from Jitspoe's point of view" ;)

Could you let me know what you think the committee should do to help, please. Although I don't think it is something for the committee to do (as it's obviously not the reason it was created), I think a few individuals are actually willing to help (including me). Also, some non-committee players might want to add their part so we can get things rolling.

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »
Paint.clown: you obviously failed at reading. i said people like me and fl1p, who aren't that active, don't care about this game anymore (as much) and dont feel the need to "enhance" the game for ourselves because its not worth our time. thats why i say get a active player to help out because they will work their ass off most likely because they will like the game enhance and also they will appreciate the recognition.  

Pvtjimmy: get an active player to do the dirty work lol.  you failed at reading too?