Author Topic: Time Travel  (Read 3548 times)

UnRateD

• Autococker
Time Travel
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »
If we eventually learn the ways of time travel, why hasnt someone come back to share the knowledge?

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Time Travel
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
Because they ended up in a different timeline.

watch the show 'terra nova', it is super plausible.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »
Maybe because all reasons for time travel such as death, injuries and bad business ventures have already been conquered. In the future people can't, and then later on don't want to do bad stuff to each other and everyone is treated fairly, so today's bad people do not actually exist. Life is ideal.

For this to be the correct reasoning, we're going to have to reach an ideal society about a decade before we invent safe means of time travel.

Edit: My previous conclusion is a moot point for you. If classic time travel was possible, the reason why we aren't getting any time travellers is probably because people 100 years from now aren't going to care one bit about the situation in 2011, so there's not enough reason to risk their current lives to fix things they weren't involved in. Time travel is only going to be apparent close to the invention of time travel, if at all.

My answer is this: because they aren't going to invent time travel any day soon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:38:17 AM by joonas »

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 08:58:44 AM »

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »
Time travel will never happen it is only sci fi wishing. How do I know, well Jesus was still crucified, Hitler still killed millions, Hiroshima was still bombed, Chernobyl still exploded, Disco era still happened ... shall I go on. If time travel was ever possible then these events would not have happened for us to know of them no matter how far in the future time travel was invented.

Second factual reasoning, if you go back in time to kill someone that was bad it would change the entire course of the future meaning the reason you went back would not exist in the future, possibly the creator of time travel would then not have cared hard enough to create it meaning the person that went back in time would be in a paradox because if the creator changes because of the outcome, then how did he get there in the first place to change history.

Time travel only exists in Hollywood.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 02:03:57 AM »
 and in other time lines!

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »
 The movie world yet again? Back to the Future and the Jet Li movie The One are 100% guaranteed HOLLYWOOD creations and there is no alternate universes as depicted in ANY hollywood movie it is all 100% guaranteed FANTASY.
 The Paradox would jump across any timeline there is causing some severe problems. You and me live in only 1 timeline if this exists, if there were multiple timelines so to speak then you would exist in all of them as per the movie The One. If you cross a timeline you will disrupt the quantum continuum and bam that universe is gone, just a spec of dust is all it takes to destroy a universe as it was created from one.
 You can not exist in more than one time line so if you did go back in time, change the past then you could never go back home because it would not be there and that would ensue the paradox. Even if it did happen people from the future could come back, TELL us stuff to not affect the future and we would know about it, this has not happened. WILL not happen.
 Also if you changed timelines and met yourself, the same matter can not occupy the same space at the same time. you would cause a bigger bang than Chernobyl ever did, think of a fusion reactor explosion.( which 2 exist in the US and 1 is active. The explosive force of one of them going up like Chernobyl would completely wipe out all life on this side of the planet because fusion reactions grow with oxygen present. Not even bacteria would survive the heat.)
 Under no circumstances will it ever exist in the real world, just in the movies, imagination, and books.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 01:06:29 AM »
 I can go back in time, I can do whatever the intercourse I want.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 07:23:47 AM »
Time Travel is technically impossible. It breaks the laws of physics, however, you can in a way travel into the future. If you were to take 2 identical twins and put 1 in a spaceship of some sort and send him/her of close to the speed of light and back to earth and leave the other on earth, in the time the other 1 in the spaceship has been gone the other one, who remained on earth, will have aged much faster. This is the effect of time dilation. Roughly, if the twin in the spaceship travels for 2 years, 30 years will have past for the twin on earth, therefore the twin in the spaceship will have 'time-travelled' into the future.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 03:37:41 AM »
 It's nice that you pay attention in your physics class. Amazingly enough I don't give a flying intercourse. I will time travel! Victory!

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 06:52:31 AM »
It's nicer that you still believe you can. Good for you.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 07:55:12 AM »
Time Travel is technically impossible. It breaks the laws of physics, however, you can in a way travel into the future. If you were to take 2 identical twins and put 1 in a spaceship of some sort and send him/her of close to the speed of light and back to earth and leave the other on earth, in the time the other 1 in the spaceship has been gone the other one, who remained on earth, will have aged much faster. This is the effect of time dilation. Roughly, if the twin in the spaceship travels for 2 years, 30 years will have past for the twin on earth, therefore the twin in the spaceship will have 'time-travelled' into the future.

Breaks the laws of physics as we know them. Never say never!

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 08:22:16 AM »
Breaks the laws of physics as we know them. Never say never!

Very true. I mean it's always possible but quite unlikely with what we understand atm.

I will time travel! Victory!

But tomorrow blaa could make his time machine and i'll be completely wrong.

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 03:59:09 PM »
 Once yet again it is not a possibility ever. Not in the year 3300 or even farther ahead it will never happen.
 Time is a constant NOT a variable therefore it goes only one direction. The past is set in stone, titanium, forever it will not change in any way. Even a visit to the past would leave some effect of you being there. 
Step on a bug, pick a flower, find money on the ground, buy something, you will destroy the future that those things were connected to in every way. 
 Go back in time to kill Hitler, ok we all want to do that but, everyone at the instant would forget who he ever was, families would not be destroyed so current families that were created because of Hitler would never exist.
 So if the person who developed time travel was a descendant of a holocaust survivor and someone went back and killed hitler. The inventor would never have been born, so how did you go back in time to kill him? Most likely even in the U.S. families were changed due to him so you might not have been born either.( Or any country related to that war in speaking, millions of people were affected by this.) 
 Physics, yeah I study them quite often still even at my age, mostly advanced Quantum physics and theory of relativity.
 Just like the American Government has a secret police force watching those that spy on the White House, Roswell and NORAD, and kill them if they find ANYTHING, including the wife and children of the "spy" There also is a body of people out there listening and watching for someone to try and break the fabric of time and they also will oddly disappear, as well as wives and children. There are things in this world humans are not meant to touch and mess with and this is one of them. Thank goodness there is no way to actually ever do it though, unless with cameras and a movie studio. (Or with a DeLorean)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 02:20:35 AM »
 The american government is a joke. They can try to kill me, but hey, I can meddling time travel, they will never succeed.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »
I think we will, at some point, be able to "look" into the past, and travel into the future (one way journey).

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »
 Here is another way to also look at it. God can not time travel himself so what makes you think he will let you? Try and one up the all mighty and you will get more than you bargain for, ask Lucifer im sure in some ways he regrets testing the Lords ways.
 I still am laughing that blaa used a TV SHOW to "prove" his theory after I stated a proven fact about hollywood, especially a sci fi show. Terra Nova is sooo fake and never plausable in any way, otherwise Pandora is waiting out there for us so start learning Na' Vi now: http://www.learnnavi.org/ So you don't find an arrow stuck up your butt.
 Even taking a look into the future would be dangerous, Here is another TV show to prove that ... Early Edition. That show always had tragedy strike when the future was messed with from those ghostly newspapers.
 If you want to REALLY travel through time you will have to find The Doctor and jump in his TARDIS and pray you end up where you planned to go.

EDIT:: I am not against time travel myself id love to go back to the 70s and buy all my favorite toys again, eBay loves those toys with a passion mint in the box. Plus i'd like a collectors shelf to hold them.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 11:19:51 AM »
Ok guys, the answer is simple:

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »
Troll Thread.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 12:33:27 PM »
 Last time I time traveled I went to vist jesus. He confirmed my idea that bible is just a 'best of' book of all the little novels that were popular back in the day. I met with jesus last week back in 2011 as wel(yeah, he knows how to time travel as well, I told him back in 35AD or something)l. He told me that he isn't happy that some trolls from vatican take all the money from bible selling.