Poll

What should we do? [Read down below before answering]

Split up players, make new clans.
1 (3.1%)
Tell some more friends about the game
4 (12.5%)
Have more events like tourneys, and stuff to make game more exciting for new players
4 (12.5%)
help some noobs out in pubs
6 (18.8%)
All of The above
6 (18.8%)
Advertise
10 (31.3%)
Make training clans
1 (3.1%)
Make different variations of the game not just capture the flag
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: December 07, 2011, 05:06:49 AM

Author Topic: Not enough DP players.  (Read 13498 times)

SnooD

• VM-68
Not enough DP players.
« on: November 23, 2011, 05:06:49 AM »
As we all have realized so many people have left DP. Between people getting sick of the game, and just dumb bans. We Really should get people back to playing this game. I think I am right in saying that this game is awesome when all of the player, clan, and matching scenes are back together. I hear lots of complaints about not enough people playing on this game for clan matches and all. We here is an idea people, although that is all true take a look at the clans that are currently active. [ThC, [CC], -uRa-, [ b ], .CRo| and [iD]. Now besides [iD], all of these clans have a decent amount of players in them. Look at [CC] Best clan in DP atm probably agreed, they have got 17 players in that clan. Some of them are inactive. so around probably 13 players active maybe more? [ThC] has got 15 players in the clan plus some inactive leaving it about maybe 12 or slightly higher or lower. -uRa- has got 14 and just about all of em minus 1 or maybe 2 are active. A decent clan ammount of players is about between 6-8. Look how good [CC] is, instead of everybody complaining "oh there are not enough clans in the game the matching scene sucks." How about the big clans like ThC and CC and -uRa- split up a bit and make their own clans. Would help the matching scene, plus if they knew any friends that were bored and wanted computer games to play tell them about this. Half of the people that play this anymore are kids. You go to school don't you? You have friends don't you? LOL tell them about this game. don't let it die it is a great game to play, fun relaxing entertaining. Anyway the ideas that I have are going to be posted above. Vote for what you think we should do, this game needs to come back it used to be so fun. Tell friends on DP to vote on this as well, we could really get a turn around here. I will run the poll for 2 weeks.

shep

• VM-68
Re: Not enough DP players.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:20:55 AM »
fix the boldness you gotta write ballers as [ b ] lol

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 05:23:19 AM »
dude, seriously I am
trying to help, for crying out loud everyon B****** about no being enough players and the matching scene needs help, and instead of doing something about it HERE IS THE CHANCE no one votes... w/e not my fault

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »
I want to vote none of the above.

Advertising is the way forward, bigger flaws with everything else.

And would people want to leave their clan with friends in it and go through the trouble of organising another one..theres not exactly a surplus of players all on at the same times.

LaikeABawss(idias)

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
#1 - Advertise the game - Tell friends, tell people in other forums, tell EVERYONE!... I'd also like to see an official game trailer.
#2 - Since advertisement doesn't do enough, teach some newbies, find someone worth teaching and bring them into the matching scene.
#3 - I also agree on having more events and tourneys but few are the people willing/capable of holding such tourneys. (QeHs' and shk's night tourneys used to be fun)

What you said:
"Split up players, make new clans."
I could give you a lot of reasons why that wouldn't work and what was wrong with your post but the point is: It wouldn't work... Keep the ideas coming

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »
hey thanks all keep the posts and votes coming because i know it might sound stupid or merry or w/e but I want to hold like a little meeting bout the answer on vent or mirc so we can talk about actually getting it done. The spliting up clans was just an idea, i figured most people would not want to do it because they are friends and everything, but if you want the game back bad enough that you complain about it all the matching scene all the time, it is worth it in my view. Anyway thanks keep the posts up.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
I want to vote none of the above.

Advertising is the way forward, bigger flaws with everything else.

And would people want to leave their clan with friends in it and go through the trouble of organising another one..theres not exactly a surplus of players all on at the same times.
yes i was thinking about posting the "Advertisement" poll but i was thinking that who is willing to put money into advertising a game that isn't even a game that you could buy in a store, so so. I was thinking about it, if you want to do proper advertisement you are going to be spending some money, even if you made a free webs pr something it is almost like telling somebody about the game hense option 2. Unless you buy a domain for the website, which will cost money, anyway I will add that option, but I don not have the extra money laying around to advertise for a GAME. Maybe someone else could do it. Jitspoe already has THIS website

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »
What about another option:Find few people who would organise 2nd clan like some training clan. They would accept few newbies learn them how to play. If we get enough players who would agree on this then we might be able to get matching scene between those "2nd clans" active and not even 2nd clans. Just an idea. Also, I am talking about "2nd clans" becuase i think most people wouldnt want to leave their clans becuase they have friends there as mentioned before.
BTW: I would be willing to make one of these "2nd clans"
BTW2: There are already people who are in 2 clans ([ex] and [ex.b] for example), so why dont make the possibility to make 2nd training clans.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 04:25:09 PM »
What about another option:Find few people who would organise 2nd clan like some training clan. They would accept few newbies learn them how to play. If we get enough players who would agree on this then we might be able to get matching scene between those "2nd clans" active and not even 2nd clans. Just an idea. Also, I am talking about "2nd clans" becuase i think most people wouldnt want to leave their clans becuase they have friends there as mentioned before.
BTW: I would be willing to make one of these "2nd clans"
BTW2: There are already people who are in 2 clans ([ex] and [ex.b] for example), so why dont make the possibility to make 2nd training clans.

Yes this has been done before though, you know .ij-t. starz t so on it could work ill add it as an option but idk if its really going to do much because there are not enough players n the game to even make more clans like this, since nobody is going to leave there clans to make more which i think is the option we should all go with, and big deal if there your friends there still going to be your friends, its a clan in a video game we need to do that

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »
Actually, I wasnt talking about players already involved in a matching scene. I think there is enough newbies(or isnt?) who might like to get on a matching scene. And also every "2nd clan" would have only 1 person who has been on matching scene. So you get 1 leader with 4-6 newbies in one clan. I understand what you mean by .ij-t.(although i wasnt playing when .ij. was active) but i am talking about something slightly different.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »
Actually, I wasnt talking about players already involved in a matching scene. I think there is enough newbies(or isnt?) who might like to get on a matching scene. And also every "2nd clan" would have only 1 person who has been on matching scene. So you get 1 leader with 4-6 newbies in one clan. I understand what you mean by .ij-t.(although i wasnt playing when .ij. was active) but i am talking about something slightly different.
could work, its all up to the votes though :) so the more people you tell about the forums...yo uknow

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »
Your figures are completely wrong.  CC has 5-6 active/semi-active players.  ThC is about the same.  Splitting the clans up won't bring in any more players.  If you're not very good then getting tips from better players may help but playing against them helps even more.  Learning from your mistakes will make you better.  I doubt we can get donors to spend enough money for advertising to more people than we could do for free.  Sometimes games die.  It happens.  I do appreciate your effort and am glad you would like to see this game grow its player base again.  I think you need to keep coming up with ideas.  For instance, you could go to other fps forums and talk about this game.  You could also try to get it to the top page of digg.com again.  One of the problems with getting newbies in this game is its very hard to learn so a lot give up quickly.  Perhaps a standard instructional video that plays when you first join the game will help this.  Also, for getting them into the match scene easier maybe another feature to add should be an in game chat client for irc that connects to global gamer's network.  I was suprised when I first started playing this game that there wasn't a chat system in game for people to talk while not playing.  Another thing that might keep players around would be more innovative tournaments.  An idea that Mythic used for one of their older games was a clan match system that involved a map split into territories.  Each territory was a different map of the game, and some territories had the same map as another.  You could only challenge teams that had adjacent territories.  Whenever a clan lost all of its territories it was out of the tournament.  When there were only 2 teams left they voted on a map to play for the championship.  Gets some people to donate some prizes and there you go.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 10:18:16 PM »
Good post Gonass some of those polls were not originally mine mine ended after the all of the above, after that they were peoples from replies.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »
Does no one in this forum use formatting? Wow, this was hard to read.

Anyways, there may be that many players in a clan, but how many do you see at the same time? How many clans look for matches more than 3v3? It's about how many active members are on at the same time. We may have 6-7, but how many people are on at a time? Split those players up, and there would never be enough people on at the same time to match anyways...

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 02:39:59 AM »
Does no one in this forum use formatting? Wow, this was hard to read.

Anyways, there may be that many players in a clan, but how many do you see at the same time? How many clans look for matches more than 3v3? It's about how many active members are on at the same time. We may have 6-7, but how many people are on at a time? Split those players up, and there would never be enough people on at the same time to match anyways...
Again people, these are just ideas..

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »
Only 4 or 5 of our (ThC's) players actually play. Most are not active at all, and are only in because they were in the clan and cool to play with when they were active sometime over the last few years. Not many clans could be split right now and still be able to do 3s. I think the problem is, it's hard to get new players interested in a game that isn't the latest console FPS hit (MW3).

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 11:36:11 AM »
Its hard to get people into the game because when a game is popular, you get player increases exponentially, but when people begin to quit and theres no advertising, theres no influx of new players..time or all of us to get onto other forums and websites and advertise, not just tell our friends.

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »
Advertise is the best way to promote this game.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »
Yeah, I agree that advertising is the way to go. I mean this game is free and i think for most people, if they see an advert for a free game they will think.

"okay its free may aswell try it"

Even if only half who try it stay, if the adverts are in the right places that should really boost the amount of active players.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »
The only problem I see here with advertising is that to do it right, you are going to be paying. I guese if you have the extra money for it laying around go ahead.