Author Topic: Stats for Servers....  (Read 1192 times)

Foxhound

• Autococker
Stats for Servers....
« on: December 01, 2011, 09:38:53 PM »
Is it possible to make the stats that you are collecting (talking mainly to you superman) and make go by either an IP address or DP login account rather than the name? I've used multiple names in the servers and I don't feel like adding them all together.

I'm not complaining, I could care less about the stats, I was just wondering.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Stats for Servers....
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 02:34:05 AM »
Is it possible to make the stats that you are collecting (talking mainly to you superman) and make go by either an IP address or DP login account rather than the name?

I think the idea isn't bad at all. There are just 2 things to be considered:
- How to handle stats for newbies without an account? (I don't think they care, but we still might want to think of them)
- Aren't IP addresses constantly changing (dynamic IP's)?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:48:40 AM »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 06:37:20 AM »
I think the idea isn't bad at all. There are just 2 things to be considered:
- How to handle stats for newbies without an account? (I don't think they care, but we still might want to think of them)
- Aren't IP addresses constantly changing (dynamic IP's)?

Some internet providers have static IP's (mostly in the usa) and other have dynamic IP's (mostly europe). So you can't identify a player with his IP. There are two other things:

- There can be more than one player with an IP. For example, if they are behind a router or two players are at the same computer. Chef-Killer and me have the same IP.
- Are we allowed to make the IP's public or doesn't each player want that?

In my opinion, it can only work (without errors) with the feature, which ic3 linked to.

Or an easy solution: Play with the same name everytime. So everybody knows it's you without searching at dplogin.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:10:35 AM »
Actually the stat program I use has the ability to add multiple names to an account.  I would be willing to set it up for the people that are interested.  
Just send all the names you use to me in a pm on irc or here on the forums, and I will do the rest.

Make sure the names are how they appear in paintball.  For example if your name has colours in it be sure to include all the colour codes.

Doing it by IP address is not an option at the moment.