Author Topic: Think its about time y'all look into the players that got banned  (Read 21304 times)

atmays

• Autococker
Re: Think its about time y'all look into the players that got banned
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 01:58:49 PM »
I think the ban is unfair for some. 1000+ days d*** that sucks. Should be looked over.

Since I never hacked does that mean i'm a role model?

Or would I be disqualified because I was e-friends with hackers and stood by them because they are my e-friends?

Sorry to take the topic off track, that was really eating away at me.

FTR, Myself, Pro, and Fitz has found a match everyday since coming back. So bout a week now.

Unban everyone :D.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
I just cheated and got 1024 on a second offense, there was no intention to kill the game at all. I should start making up stories to get my post count up too.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »
Reading posts from a collection of threads preaching for unbanning these players seems reasonable.

Ulitmately one must put aside personal feelings towards the peopel themselves, whether they are polite or just rude, and realise that if a certain 'dogma' is put in place, the parameters of those rules must therefore be followed.

It makes sense to unban them if they have served the time that was supposed to have been served.
And seeing as they have already carried out a larger ban than they were supposed to have, it further supports the notion that they may have realised their mistake, even if it is not definite.

From Britland, UnRateD.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »
Man you guys are pretty lucky, at least you got a message from jits saying "you might get unbanned when b33 is release"... so why don't you guys just chill abit.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
I like how they "hacked and turned themselves in" because they don't care about the game, yet they want to be unbanned. 

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 01:23:41 PM »
Dear Gonass,
We turned ourselves in because we saw how boring the game was when we hacked, so we wanted to get our bans over with and come back with a clean slate, rather than get banned a month after we stopped hacking.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
I like how they "hacked and turned themselves in" because they don't care about the game, yet they want to be unbanned.  

I dont think banning rules should be changed just because supposedly some people do not care about the game. And doesnt the fact that they want to be unbanned show that perhaps they do care?

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 01:30:57 PM »
why does it matter? that's not why we did it anyway....

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 03:07:38 PM »
why does it matter? that's not why we did it anyway....

thats my point, it shouldnt matter

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 09:16:22 PM »
the real one who got f**ked over was cusoman

UNBAN CUSOMAN

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »
Clean slate?  Its not like you're turning 18 and your record is wiped.  People remember.  Its always open for public view to see if you've ever been banned.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 12:38:13 AM »
the real one who got f**ked over was cusoman

UNBAN CUSOMAN

CUSOMAN SHOULD BE UNBANNED!

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 04:27:49 AM »
CUSOMAN SHOULD BE UNBANNED!

Idias_*

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 05:38:34 AM »
Why Idias? ;)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2012, 03:47:13 AM »
I lifted a few forum bans. Check to see if your original accounts are working. Please pm me to let me know if yours was not among those lifted. If you would, also add your multiple forum account to that pm so I may delete these useless ones.

P.S. Yes, this is a prelude to some crazy decision making from the committee and the boss.

colon

• PGP
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2012, 06:22:50 PM »
Makes me wonder how many people could fill up a "banned only" server. Since they are so eager to play and all.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »
I don't see how those of you that were banned can pretend like you did "the right thing".  You didn't "turn yourselves in", you went and stirred up a big crapfest up on the forums.  "Hey, look at us!  We cheated!  Jitspoe's cheat detection sucks!  Let's all go play some other game!"  Of the 10-20 people that were using that cheat not a single one of them came forward to me directly and provided the cheat and info about how it was distributed (until they were forced to later if they wanted a chance to be unbanned, even then, some of them still haven't contacted me).

Also, I don't have a magic "ban" button.  Banning people probably takes an average of 40 minutes (scanning logs, getting appropriate IP's and hardware ID's, and making my best attempt not to ban other players that might have the same hardware), and often takes a lot longer when the accounts are older and have been used on a number of computers (as it did with many of these cases).  When I only have a couple of hours of free time per day to dedicate to Paintball2, that's days, if not weeks, worth of work when banning a large number of players, not to mention all of the fallout on the forums.

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »
unsure about alot of what you said but as for "lets all go play some other game!" what other choice did any of us have? you banned the majority of us for 1054 days i hope you werent expecting a big ol "Lets wait out our 3 year ban guys! dp is worth it!" i dont see any precedent for the ban times that got handed out especially for those of us who it would have been considered their 1st offense.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »
I'm talking about before the bans.  Example:

Names used:
.xeNt.blewberry
[B<==8]CheMiCaL
blewberry

yeah i hacked this week.

jitspoe for future reference .. get a better cheat detection.

edit: i only hacked a week so all you haters that are gunna say HE DID IT FOR SO LONG AND PROBABLY THROUGH THE LEAGUE! you're wrong. this game just got to inactive/boring, and with the creator of the game not caring about it anymore was kinda useless to play. we're moving to different games such as TF2, CS:S and maybe somemore. by all!

BTW cyntex hacked too he just doesnt have a fourms account so i posted it for him.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »
Also, I don't have a magic "ban" button.  Banning people probably takes an average of 40 minutes (scanning logs, getting appropriate IP's and hardware ID's, and making my best attempt not to ban other players that might have the same hardware), and often takes a lot longer when the accounts are older and have been used on a number of computers (as it did with many of these cases).  When I only have a couple of hours of free time per day to dedicate to Paintball2, that's days, if not weeks, worth of work when banning a large number of players, not to mention all of the fallout on the forums.

Not going to comment on the first part, since I'm pretty sure I sent everything instantly. But I might've been under DPSurfer, or something... And I probably started the crapfest on the forums... then everyone followed me... but I didn't pretend I did the right thing, I cheated, there's no way to put a positive spin on it... unless... I did it so Jitspoe could find a new cheat and make it detectable!

I thought banning takes time - since it's finding all the IP's etc.etc... but isn't unbanning relatively quick? Since it's just removing it, rather than searching through logs and whatnot. I'm just curious, not trying to make this into an argument to unban people. But anyways, take your time, nobody is in a rush. I'd rather see your time spent improving the game, instead of reviewing mine, and other players bantimes.