Author Topic: The Next Generation ...  (Read 3104 times)

PGPSandman

• Stingray
The Next Generation ...
« on: December 11, 2011, 02:18:44 PM »
 Welcome to Real World Paintball based on the Realm Craft MMORPG game.... A new look at online paintball game play. Making the game is straightforeward, just hosting and running is why I came here to show first as a new version for those complaining about the current.
 Give the synopsis a look and let me know what you think. Construction of the first world is already under way ....
<< Not wanting to cause a problem, wanting to work with jitspoe on a new version of the game.>>

Tyrone(MyeRs)

• PGP
Re: The Next Generation ...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:54:07 PM »
this excrement is pretty cool
if you're sum dum fool
im not downloading it
so please dont throw a fit
i didnt like your tone
hey yo, answer yer phone
wait no1 texts you
cause yer ugly n smell like poo

pce

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »
Making the game is straightforeward

haha

Tyrone(MyeRs)

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 04:19:09 PM »
^ plz dont laugh at him, he put hard work into it.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:34:41 PM »
lawl making is straightfoward. If it were, youd have made it by now if its worth making BRO.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 04:50:18 PM »
...Just...No.

You clearly just dont understand how much work, time and effort goes into making a game...

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »
 You just have no clue what software and how much experience using it I have. I am not a 13 year old toying with a program, I have worked with UNITY, Unreal SDK, FPS Creator, 3DRad, GameCore, GamwMaker7 and 8 and now with Realm Crafter for an online game.
 Uploading a game I have made is not feasable being the smallest is 350MG 10 level space station battle game. I have made games off and on for 8 years so making a game with a simple interface IS straightforeward.
 As I did state in my original post I had JUST purchased this MMORPG to try out by making an online game. Also having played real paintball since the 80s, have more insight to the sport than most on here other than just running and shooting.
 As for using BSP, I tried it and was not satisfied with the results, I prefer seperate models that might take 1.2 seconds longer to load than worry about holes, leaks and mismatched tiles and textures. FragMotion, 3DS Max and Terragen make quite a visually impressive map with none of those problems.
 Bottom line I am getting the impression those with negativity posts WANT the game to die, then just go play something else and let the people here that want to have fun be.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »
Sounds like a decent idea for a new game although I don't think a paintball game has enough content to become an mmorpg.  I would never want the official DP to become this.

A couple things:  Jitspoe barely has any time to work on paintball, so I doubt he would have time to start a brand new game, although I could be wrong.

Maybe you could create an AI for the current version of DP to "prove yourself" to the community.  Or maybe I am just trying to take advantage of you to get a decent AI into DP.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 08:29:15 AM »
Maybe you could create an AI for the current version of DP to "prove yourself" to the community.  Or maybe I am just trying to take advantage of you to get a decent AI into DP.

AI is one the of the most fun things you could write for this game, the problem isn't getting somebody to do it, it's getting access to the gamecode to do it.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »
I really like this idea. I was always fan of MMORPG and I was also fan of PB, MMORPG + PB = really really good game at least for me.
If you need any help like graphics, UI, textures, etc. , just let me know(I have 4-5 years experiences with photoshop), I would be glad to help you on this.

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
AI is one the of the most fun things you could write for this game, the problem isn't getting somebody to do it, it's getting access to the gamecode to do it.

I have both SDK for Quake 3 Arena and Q4. How much change did the original code undergo to not just strip one of those bots to use? I also have all the bot tools for the Quake engine if those would work.

As for picking up things, bots do not need to they should have unlimited ammo and a set weapon. You can program 2 or 3 bots with different weapons for more challenge .. ie one has the pgp one has the minimag and one with the autococker.
 Scripting them to grab the flag would be the same as scripting them to chase a player, make a string to "attack" the flag and once the variable is met it will try and return to its set base. Easier said than done, yes most likely but that is the way to go about making a bot you hate to play against because it can get you and pwn you instead of act like it has alzheimers.
 I searched bots on here and found the pbbastard bot file and will look at it and see if I can mod it with the BotStudio or one of the several bot making programs for Q3.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
Firstly, this game is based on the quake 2 engine, which does not support any of Quake 3's bot tools or waypoint files. Secondly, the problem is that jits does not allow anybody to see or modify the part of the code which contains the existing bots and where all sensible future bot modifications would have to go. Also the bots aren't currently programmed deliberately to run about aimlessly, they just lack any decent pathfinding code as they seem to be based on an old version of the acebot - that would need to be sorted out and maps waypointed before they could be scripted to do any kind of objective other than simply running at shooting at any players they see.