Author Topic: Made a new map!  (Read 3474 times)

SnooD

• VM-68
Made a new map!
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »
Ok i made a new map but I am not really sure where to go from here. How do I get it to be a playable map does it need to go through like some sort of check by someone I don't know I am new to this haha.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: Made a new map!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 11:52:17 AM »
It would be helpful if you could attach your beta map here, so people can have a look at it and give you feedback how to improve your map.

Have a look at this sticky topic: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5149.0

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 07:09:40 PM »
Never mind I figured it out. It is now on superman matches  newmap beta/speedball_b1 

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:57:35 PM »
LOL, so that was it was! Should practise more before releasing another map!

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 10:01:36 PM »
LOL, so that was it was! Should practise more before releasing another map!

VERBAL PLOWED

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »
I DID NOT MEAN TO NOT MAKE SENSE. IT WAS NOT A JOKE ON SNOODS' BEHALF.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
It's good, at least I have the brain power to make a map, unlike some people we know ^   
                                                                                                                          |
                                                                                                                          |                                                         
                                                                                                                          |

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »
It's good, at least I have the brain power to make a map, unlike some people we know ^   
                                                                                                                          |
                                                                                                                          |                                                         
                                                                                                                          |

Both Rick and Spook have made very good maps before... just saying.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »
I wouldn't say "very" good, but better than what error message boy has done.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »
                                                                                                                          |
                                                                                                                          |                                                         
                                                                                                                          |
Check out Frigid2. I know it's only half a map, but it's better then anything you could make ;)

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 11:08:47 AM »
i liked playing his map, just pick purple because yellow doesnt have air LMAO

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »
oh, theres a nice vm at the top of the pillar even though you spawn with carbines LMAO

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »
shut up, rick tired

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 04:48:25 AM »
Check out Frigid2. I know it's only half a map, but it's better then anything you could make ;)
LOL, i made a decent map. and it was the first one i made..and it was fine. Better than anything you could ever make :)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 05:39:09 AM »
LOL, i made a decent map. and it was the first one i made..and it was fine. Better than anything you could ever make :)

I still haven't seen any download links to your completed SUPERIOR GLORIOUS MASTERRACE MAP...

Wait for feedback on your maps before you think it's perfect and start flaming over respected members of this community. Also, Rick has probably meant for DP2 history than you ever will (leaving open whether positive or negative). Try flaming blaa instead :)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »
 Flaming me would be too easy. I made 3 maps noone even ever heard of.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 04:35:06 AM »
and why nobody heard of them?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 04:53:32 AM »
 Because nobody plays them!

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »
If I were I wouldnt talk about your map and brain in one sentece. If you think your map is decent then you must think that spawninabox is masterpiece or idk. Srsly you havent done anything in your map what good mapper should do(I am not calling myself good mapper, I am just saying that i try to improve my skills fixing whatever someone suggests me). I really think you should look at chefs link http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5149.0 . You should have done it before releasing and not after tho.
Some feedback then
Cons
-Different sides, they are not mirrored
-Textures are not aligned
-Your brush usage makes nosense at all, if you make such a map then i would expect it to look like realistic, maybe its just my opinion idk
-Add "angle X" to your player spawn entity (X=number in range from 0 to 360)
-Learn how to use lighting in your map
-Try to be realistic, climbable brick pillar ...ok no comment
-Learn whats the difference between Face and Brush Surface (why is the pillar climbable from both sides when you can get up only when climbing one side)
-Learn whats the difference between qbsp and final export (just learn about all export options)

Pros
-Spawn with carbine
-Hm......uh..you used brushes in your map

Sorry for negative post but if you release this and then flame Rick for being noob mapper, well what do you expect. But still my Cons stays and thats what every mapper will tell you.
BTW:Blaa map names?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:59:20 PM by prozajik »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 10:20:17 AM »
-Add "angle X" to your worldspawn entity (X=number in range from 0 to 360)
Do you mean the player spawn entities here?