Author Topic: cl-gun 0  (Read 8446 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: cl-gun 0
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »
Possible, but it would look bad.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »
I preffer hand 2 as well, but I also like to see my gun. I have a script on my computer that makes it so that it switches to hand 2 when I'm shooting and hand 3 when I'm not.

But the crosshair is still not completely accurate. Why don't they make it like in Quake 3 and 4 where it always shoots at the crosshair?

The inaccurate crosshair is one of my pet peeves. It's a small one though.

The crosshair is more accurate than you realize.  You just don't understand the engine.

For instance, this diagram shows how in each hand it still shoots toward where ever the crosshair is pointed, but it sort of looks weird when you're more used to games that shoot straight ahead from your point of view only.  Eventually, the balls can go past the target which may have lead you to believe that its inaccurate if they're shot at an angle from your point of view.  The angle is much smaller than the diagram so they go a great distance before this happens.  Also, if you're turning and shooting while moving fast it will seem that the paintballs are being shot way off from where your reticle (crosshair) is pointed but thats because when they're actually shot is after you've turned and/or moved.  The higher the speed the greater the effect.

The reason for the angles is the same reason you'd hold your gun at an angle while playing paintball in real life.  You can hide most of your body behind a bunker and hit a target instead of only shooting the bunker or object directly in front of your body.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
So what if the target is close or far from me. Will I get something like in the images I attached?

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 04:57:04 AM »
well you can actually shoot "around" corners by switching the hands, so i'd say yes.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 02:51:53 PM »
The lines should actually be parallel.  The amount they're offset is less than the width of a person, though.