Author Topic: Battlefield 3 anyone?  (Read 9259 times)

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
Re: Battlefield 3 anyone?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 03:03:35 AM »
It's not bad, depends on server settings, you have like 60% of regular health and other is set by admin. The most hard core FPS is America's Army, most realistic and hard core settings on B3 is developer wish for a game to be more realistic. You know, in real war there are more campers than rambos :D

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 09:53:15 AM »
but that's boring isn't it? wouldn't you rather be a rambo and have more fun, then pretend to be in an actual war?

Plus they don't camp more because it's more like real life, they camp more so they can get a good KDR

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 10:08:39 AM »
I love Hardcore!!! I don't care to have my enemies light up like a xmas tree, and I don't want me to either.
It suits me in that I can't keep a constant stream on an enemy very long and kill more in hardcore.
I'm an old geezer, ya know!

The only time i'll play regular is if me and a mate are wanting to fly the attack helo.
It's harder to kill, but you get more spotting from the chopper in regular.

It's all moot right now anyways cause i'm banned like a bunch of others.
In my case, and i'm not sure if coincidence or not, I had been using AHK since beta to bind jump to right mouse button and zoom to the 'L' key. Once BF3 went live the mouse button binding was fixed, but 'L' and the other chat keys weren't. I'm sure my key config is on these forums somewhere...it's weird. 'L' is my zoom key in BF3 I hit with my left pinky. I used AHK to tell BF3 that when I press 'L' make it press 'V', which I bound to zoom.

Anyways, it looks like this issue may have been fixed in an update, but I never knew about and have kept playing that way. It's a huge pain is the a$$ really. If I forget to suspend the script everything I type replaces every press of the 'L' key with a 'V'. And if I forget to enable it when I go to sight up to fire I open the squad chat box and type a long string of 'LLLLLLLLLLLLLL' and am literally frozen in place and can't do anything till I press enter. By that time i'm usually dead and ALT+TABing out of BF3 to enable the stupid script.

YES I KNOW AHK and macros are illegal, but I've had my key config for many years. I can not "just change" my config so I had to make the choice to either not play, or do what I could to get my binds straight.

Waiting on appeal to Even Balance.

I am lords8n_X is anyone want to friend me up. If you don't mind playing with a convicted PB_Felon, that is!
Hopefully i'll be back on the battlefield soon!

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »
i consider it cheating :( since i play on a ps3 i can't open the console!!!

anyways, this is off topic, but for the new counter strike coming out, i fear that the multi-platform compatibility will make the computer players have a HUGE edge over the console players for reasons like mr. ch33t3rs8n up there and the fact that computer games are riddled with hackers way way way more than on console.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »
i consider it cheating :( since i play on a ps3 i can't open the console!!!

anyways, this is off topic, but for the new counter strike coming out, i fear that the multi-platform compatibility will make the computer players have a HUGE edge over the console players for reasons like mr. ch33t3rs8n up there and the fact that computer games are riddled with hackers way way way more than on console.

CS:GO is probably going to suck on console, they already tried 1.6 on the xbox and hardly anyone played it. Plus they never made a console CS: Source so newer generation Counter Strike players probably never knew about the original console version. Personally I just don't see Counter Strike as a console game whatsoever.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:48 AM »
i consider it cheating :(

You consider what I did as "cheating"...really?

When was the last time any PC game denied you from binding all the keys, especially the alpha characters?
What I did involved NO cheating.
I gained NO advantage over anyone else, therefore I did not cheat.
I may have broken a "rule" according to their EULA, but cheat? No!

All I did was use a program to make right what EA/Dice made wrong, and allow me to play with a config I've used since Quake1 and Descent1, although I think Quake 1 had binding limitations on the semicolon, which is one of my strafe keys.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
You consider what I did as "cheating"...really?

When was the last time any PC game denied you from binding all the keys, especially the alpha characters?
What I did involved NO cheating.
I gained NO advantage over anyone else, therefore I did not cheat.
I may have broken a "rule" according to their EULA, but cheat? No!

All I did was use a program to make right what EA/Dice made wrong, and allow me to play with a config I've used since Quake1 and Descent1, although I think Quake 1 had binding limitations on the semicolon, which is one of my strafe keys.

I had the same problem with some keys in Combat Arms when I used to play. I never thought about using AHK to fix that. However some games do not allow you to use it, I know in Counter Strike leagues it's not allowed because it's generally used as a bunnyhop assist where you just hold down space and it continuously jumps for you. But in your case I don't think it's fair that you get banned for finding a way around their mistakes to bind keys just because AHK is conceived to be used as some kind of technique of giving yourself an advantage.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
Does AHK have some other functionality besides key rebindings?  A lot of gaming peripherals these days allow you to change key behaviors and add macros and such.  If you can do that at the hardware level, it seems kind of pointless to block it...

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 12:13:47 AM »
Really sick of being shotty sniped with frag rounds... its so retarded. Have you seen the movie Expendables? when the black guy blows up a bunker with an AA-12 shotgun? thats how i feel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=NdEyP5P0rYs

ENEMY KILL 100

ENEMY KILL 100

DOUBLE KILL 40

ENEMY KILL 100

MULTI KILL 30

OLD SPICE SHOTGUN POWER 500

YOU HAVE BEEN PROMOTED!

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »
just got this on discount for £20. haven't played multiplayer yet.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/viciouzuk/

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »
what system?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »
IBM PC or compatible