This week
2 (5.9%)
Next week
5 (14.7%)
Following Week
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 07, 2012, 12:05:31 PM

Author Topic: Digital Paintball 2 Tourney signups  (Read 7201 times)

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
Re: Digital Paintball 2 Tourney signups
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »
blaa runs good tourneys.. id listen to him

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »
Do what blaa said and your tourney will be good, there are major flaws with your plan. Its great that youre trying to have a positive impact etc., but if you want it to go well, you need to listen.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 11:38:50 AM »
Blaa, don't worry, nobody else has interest in this tourney either.

He's an ignorant, child. He has yet to understand the meaning of criticism. People who attempt to help him, get raged at, yet he doesn't actually understand how to run a tourney.

Snood, learn what criticism means, stop thinking you're smart; you're not. Take the help that better players give you. When you 'flamed' at CC members over their trolling, you lost so much credibility, as it brought out your childish attitude. Then you ignored all of Blaa's and other players advice to help your tourney, when they've run multiple successful tournies. Yours is a joke, that's why people troll it. If you want to improve your reputation, so people will actually join your tournies instead of wasting time to get on for a failed tourney, then take the advice. You're the joke of the community, and you're just continually getting worse. Should try to turn it around.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »
The dates I have there for a reason, there are limited players signing up as is, so if certain ones cant make it one day and everyone votes for a different day, only half of the teams will show up.

The maps are fine, some are a bit big but I have been playing 2v2 matches lately and they are the picked maps. The number of maps is fine there are only 4 rounds, 8 if you include the losers bracket. This is just a trial tourney to see how well it goes for maybe possible bigger tourney's down the road. What I am doing is I wrote down these maps and everyone is going to play the same map for the first round then second, ect. The extra 3 are for possible ties, when getting to the losers bracket, they will just redo the same map series.

Yes that is obvious, and no I am not assuming all players are stupid. All though some are not mentioning any names, but none are stupid enough to not know that. But didn't jitspoe also put under his account making page to not cheat? Even though it is perfectly clear that you are not supposed to cheat on an online game, interacting with other real players.

Hope that answers your question, please continue to post if you have more.

I now reread your post, and understand it. Before I just misinterpeted it. Looks like you have a plan. I'd suggest keeping the current maplist (if you are so certain those are good maps, then why not).
Create a thread with  A DATE AND TIME AND MAPLIST AND WEBSITE AND IRC CHANNEL WHERE YOU WILL RUN THE TOURNY. And take your time and write the tourny format. Explain it to players. No more voting, no more opinions.

If you wanted to check the time clans can play, then GO ASK THEM IN PERSON. What did this poll gave you? It's waste of space.

After you have announced the tourny, make sure the server providers can give you needed servers on the day of the tournament. Check if they have a config for your tournament.

And then, promote promote promote. And by promoting I don't mean spamming, I mean go and ask clans in person. If they say no, then ask 'why?'. Use the response to make your following tournys better.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 12:47:04 PM »
Snood, Myers and a few other people (sorry, I didn't bother scrolling back to the previous site) might not use nice words, but basically they're right. An arrogant attitude doesn't really help to integrate into a community. If you want to be a positive addition for this community, please also listen to the others. You don't always have to agree with them, but listen and think about it for a bit. Replying the way you do, most people will only start hating you instead of offering help, even if you're just trying to do something good.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:39:15 PM by pvtjimmy »

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 04:09:16 AM »
Changed 2 maps. I only need 1 more team of 2, ThC or CC come one people :)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 06:25:55 AM »
Changed 2 maps. I only need 1 more team of 2, ThC or CC come one people :)
You're only having a 4-team tourney? Have you announced the date/time yet? It'd be a lot easier for a team to commit to show up, if they knew the time.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 07:52:04 AM »
ok so i read this thread.. now my question is.. snood are u ph3n1x ?

and yea not interested in this tourney if u didnt understand.

change maplist to better 2v2 maps like everyone has been saying

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 11:57:16 PM »
4 teams? Lol. Waste of time.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »
4 teams? Lol. Waste of time.
Cool, no one cares really. You already stated your point by not singing up, so why say anything else? no one cares :).
Blaa, don't worry, nobody else has interest in this tourney either.

He's an ignorant, child. He has yet to understand the meaning of criticism. People who attempt to help him, get raged at, yet he doesn't actually understand how to run a tourney.

Snood, learn what criticism means, stop thinking you're smart; you're not. Take the help that better players give you. When you 'flamed' at CC members over their trolling, you lost so much credibility, as it brought out your childish attitude. Then you ignored all of Blaa's and other players advice to help your tourney, when they've run multiple successful tournies. Yours is a joke, that's why people troll it. If you want to improve your reputation, so people will actually join your tournies instead of wasting time to gGet on for a failed tourney, then take the advice. You're the joke of the community, and you're just continually getting worse. Should try to turn it around.
Grats myers. You don't try to help people you just antagonize them. You are among the list of cc members and how I feel about them and this thread. Good day. Learn to find a way to in your words "help" more...instead of saying It's going to fail yeah. WHAT HELP maybe..give ideas like blaa did I am only doing 4 teams so I can get the hang of organzing it...