Poll

Do you think that new AntiCheat is needed?

Yes, someone should create new one
11 (42.3%)
No, we should improve existing
7 (26.9%)
both options 1 and 2 looks fine
5 (19.2%)
No, existing one is good enough
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: February 10, 2012, 12:45:08 PM

Author Topic: New AntiCheat?  (Read 16910 times)

payl

• 68 Carbine
Re: New AntiCheat?
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2012, 06:00:15 AM »
lol you see how he curved my post? Payl stop being stubborn if you want to help, give jitspoe all that you have because you're not getting any of his source; and by saying you are going to hack into the game now has made you look like Zaltekk just as jimmy said.
I have to say once more, that i'm not going to? You will never understand that, right? And you will never understand why. If i do so, nothing would happen, but that's too hard to understand to you that PAC is written in Pascal not in C++ so Jitspoe won't know how to compile it etc. Even if he make it, he won't know how to improve it, because he doesn't really know what it is about nor know language. But of course, you know better. I have enough of ideas like "give everything to Jitspoe and hope he will include ur name in credits". I'm not going to.

And about hacking, i don't think that you would say i look like Zaltekk if you know what i really hack. But well, once more, you know better... You guys must all be programmers and you all developed anti cheat, right? Because this is only way i can understand your ideas. Otherwise it come out that you just talk without any knowledge.

I'm not going to response posts about "give everything to jitspoe" unless you provide arguments and you know what is going on, enough of people thinking that is soo easy.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2012, 06:30:28 AM »
 If you expect anyone, who responses in this thread, to be developers, then why did you post this in public?

Just shut the intercourse up already, noone gives a excrement.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 08:05:34 AM »
Just shut the intercourse up already, noone gives a excrement.
Be nice.

I expect people which response to have at least basic knowledge about it. But yeah, you are right, i can meet only nice people which doesn't know what dll is in fact ^.^ ..

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »
If you expect anyone, who responses in this thread, to be developers, then why did you post this in public?

Read this again Payl. If you want to speak to people who have knowledge about the anti cheating system, speak to Jitspoe directly.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
Read this again Payl. If you want to speak to people who have knowledge about the anti cheating system, speak to Jitspoe directly.
Rather they post ideas without having any knowledge about it, thats problem. So i think no one should post technical questions and ideas if he doesn't know much about it.
I'm still speaking to jitspoe, but he never got time to response so it is very slow.

ATM i'm doing injectable client, i think it can be used on matches... Also there are very minor updates to PAC.
Also, i still need testing subjects (=cheats), so if anyone want to send me them, write PM or on IRC..

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2012, 09:24:43 AM »
 You have responded to this thread about 20 times in 2 days. You don't expect such activity from jitspoe right?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2012, 09:50:21 AM »
Also, i still need testing subjects (=cheats), so if anyone want to send me them, write PM or on IRC..

Which makes that person a distributor? I seriously do not suggest anyone to send you cheats. Not even if you claim to have good purposes for them.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »
Which makes that person a distributor? I seriously do not suggest anyone to send you cheats. Not even if you claim to have good purposes for them.
Distributor... it's funny how you guys react on anything related to cheating. It's again policy of disinformation. Do not talk about cheats, about hacking or anything related to that...
Ah well, i don't want anyone to got banned for sending me cheats of course, but i think you are overreacting. How i can make good anticheat without knowing what cheats do? Ok whatever, i do not force anyone to distribute cheats cuz i also might get banned for creating anticheat...

Of course i understand jimmy that you try to prevent bans for that etc, but well, i think that you guys have too much problems with cheats to be 'normal 'about that... :P

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »
If you are indeed as smart as you say, it would be no problem for you to find some good "testing material". Again, everything on your own risk.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »
Distribute your client and server DLLs in a new folder. After your library is loaded, have it load the game library from the pball folder. You'll have to proxy the calls between paintball2.exe and pball/gamex86.dll. The server will be advertising the game as pball_pac (or whatever you choose for a directory), which should make the client load pball_pac/gamex86.dll and then your DLL can instruct it to load pball/gamex86.dll. This is what I would do.

Or you could distribute it as a standalone application and also have a modified paintball2 binary for server admins.

Best of luck.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2012, 04:59:04 AM »
Distribute your client and server DLLs in a new folder. After your library is loaded, have it load the game library from the pball folder. You'll have to proxy the calls between paintball2.exe and pball/gamex86.dll. The server will be advertising the game as pball_pac (or whatever you choose for a directory), which should make the client load pball_pac/gamex86.dll and then your DLL can instruct it to load pball/gamex86.dll. This is what I would do.
Or you could distribute it as a standalone application and also have a modified paintball2 binary for server admins.
Best of luck.
I tried to not modify paintball, as this might be treated as cheat then.
For now i simply inject dll and then create my thread where anticheat runs. Seems to work fine (ignoring problems with paintball crashing created with CreateProcess but i think i resolved it), but then paintball need to be launched from injector. I think it's enough for tournaments.
Idea with loading my gamex86.dll is interesting, but i think there are many calls i have to redirect.
Also, PAC isn't serverside anticheat, it is clientside, so it should be as easy as running my aplication and clicking "Run with PAC".

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »
i think the whole problem is just, that jitspoe and you don't want to share u'r sources. I can understand that. I think the only way to work this out, is talkin with jitspoe, i must admit that i have really no idea about this coding thing+programming language, but if you want to find a solution, talking with the community won't make much sense cause they only agree this should be implemented. But this will only be possible if you work together WITH jitspoe. And if he doesn't want to work with you, this won't be ever implemented. I see that u really worked on this hard, and i believe that PAC is really better than jitspoe's.

Someone told you to go to patent office, i know this seems ridiculous but it could be the only way to protect u'r source, so one of your basic points would be fullfilled.

BTW, it would be nice if you told us how this should work clientside? Would it just crash pball if a mod was detected? (if you have to give source here just ignore it)

thanks.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »
i think the whole problem is just, that jitspoe and you don't want to share u'r sources. I can understand that. I think the only way to work this out, is talkin with jitspoe, i must admit that i have really no idea about this coding thing+programming language, but if you want to find a solution, talking with the community won't make much sense cause they only agree this should be implemented. But this will only be possible if you work together WITH jitspoe. And if he doesn't want to work with you, this won't be ever implemented. I see that u really worked on this hard, and i believe that PAC is really better than jitspoe's.

Someone told you to go to patent office, i know this seems ridiculous but it could be the only way to protect u'r source, so one of your basic points would be fullfilled.

BTW, it would be nice if you told us how this should work clientside? Would it just crash pball if a mod was detected? (if you have to give source here just ignore it)
I give part of source to Jitspoe and he told me that everything i have he also have, but well, i can't agree, simple example: Speedhack with PAC? Not working, error. Speedhack with Jitspoe anticheat? Working. Thats why i can't agree that his anticheat is as good as mine. And as he won't share his source, we can't really know what he have there, so i can't really believe.

For now i'm implementing methods to make allow my client to send logs to server, so on tourneys you have to have PAC turned on so logs go to my server and if someone won't run PAC then he might got kicked out from tourney etc... I think i'll end basic version today but this will take few more days to test it and fix all bugs.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:17 AM »
 Jitspoe can detect most of the hacks. But he doesn't want insta bans... If 1 member of a clan downloads a hack and gets banned instantly, then it warns his teammates, and they go look for another hack. If the first person doesn't get banned in the first week, then he gives it to others and then BAMMM, they are all banned.

I just don't believe that you are capable of creating something that is 'superior' to jitspoes. Jitspoe has proved himself by basically creating this game. And now you come here and DEMAND that everything goes as you want? No way, brother.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2012, 10:59:52 AM »
Jitspoe can detect most of the hacks. But he doesn't want insta bans... If 1 member of a clan downloads a hack and gets banned instantly, then it warns his teammates, and they go look for another hack. If the first person doesn't get banned in the first week, then he gives it to others and then BAMMM, they are all banned.
Okok, but why you know it is good anticheat? Many people got banned just by demos. Also, i found that it doesn't provide at least some functionality that mine have, then why don't you want to add it?!
You seem to want to ban everyone, go ahead, do so, but i think that it's better to prevent from cheating than just ban for it. We need more players, not less, so multiple bans aren't cool in fact.

I just don't believe that you are capable of creating something that is 'superior' to jitspoes. Jitspoe has proved himself by basically creating this game. And now you come here and DEMAND that everything goes as you want? No way, brother.
Jitspoe haven't made this game only himself, keep that in mind, it's still just modified Q2. I don't demand anyone to go as i want, i propose new anticheat which might help old one detecting more things. I think 2 anticheats are allways better than one. Also it seems like rest think like me and want new anticheat.
I think blaa you got some nice cheats so you doesn't want PAC lol :P .

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »
use your cheat detection in unrateds tourny today.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »
use your cheat detection in unrateds tourny today.
It isn't possible as it's still not ended. Also rules didn't said anything about PAC so no one would have to use it.
No worries, for next tournament i'll have PAC ready and tested hopefully. I'm looking for beta testers btw, i think i'll gather some people on IRC later on.
I guess i'll end PAC 1.0 in 3-4 days...

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2012, 04:13:50 PM »
Sorry payl, after reading this thread, it seems the committee doesnt want cheats being distributed, so im not going to give u any hacks, unless jits give permission.

Why dint you try to find cheats by yourself?

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2012, 04:22:47 PM »
Sorry payl, after reading this thread, it seems the committee doesnt want cheats being distributed, so im not going to give u any hacks, unless jits give permission.

Why dint you try to find cheats by yourself?
Oh no problem, i already found some myself but i was looking for hmhm, some cheats done with some strange method etc. For sure i don't want you to get banned (lol) because of me.
Well i think i'll have to think about detection of some more cheats i got now... Found some with someone help (hmhm, this is funny btw that helping to find cheats is okay but sending not :) ).
For now i want to end PAC 1.0 and then i can think about looking for some more tools.

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2012, 06:10:22 PM »
Found some with someone help (hmhm, this is funny btw that helping to find cheats is okay but sending not :) ).

Whoever said that? Assisting someone in finding/obtaining cheats is also bannable.