Author Topic: What Should I Work on Next? (2012 Edition)  (Read 10238 times)

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: What Should I Work on Next? (2012 Edition)
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »

haven't seen that paper clip since using Word in middle school. :D

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
haven't seen that paper clip since using Word in middle school. :D

http://www.ribbonhero.com/

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 04:24:44 PM »
New Map Format!

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 04:45:10 PM »

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 03:22:14 PM »
My priorities have changed quite a bit.

The game needs proper newbie servers and a more optimised speedcap for tripping http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=21875.0 could do the trick. Another thing I want to see is spawn protection against grenades in order to make base fights a little more fair.

A separate graphical settings configurator would be nice too, mainly to let people switch the game resolution if they messed it up.

I still care about most of my previous list, but these seem more simple to implement.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
My priorities have changed quite a bit.

The game needs proper newbie servers and a more optimised speedcap for tripping http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=21875.0 could do the trick. Another thing I want to see is spawn protection against grenades in order to make base fights a little more fair.

A separate graphical settings configurator would be nice too, mainly to let people switch the game resolution if they messed it up.

Spawn protection would be good, but have it set for like, 3-5 seconds after respawn if no movement occurs, but prevent the person, or player that spawned to not be able to shoot, or throw nades? Just have it to where when they do move, it "deactivates" the "SpawnGuard".

Also, A separate graphical configurator? Not sure about this, since most people play Fullscreen. Maybe have it incorporated in the Game settings or something.

I think something that should be done that was already mentioned is a in-game tutorial like they have on Quakelive. Basically what superman stated.

hellknight

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
I also prefer introduction, but I'm more interested in more realistic graphical options. I don't know, if the Quake-engine would do that.
So, my ideas:
-Anti-aliasing
-Texturedetails
-Dynamic Lights/Shadows
-High-poly models (weapons, chars)
-Motionblur
-more realistic movement
I also suggested to change the engine from Quake 2 to Doom 3, but jitspoe answered with no, cause it would be lots of days of work. He had to rewrite everything.

I hope, you agree :)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »
 I don't agree with the 'more realistic movement'

this game is a paintball game, but this game also is a quake 2 mod.

motionblur shouldnt be high on the list either.. although it looks nice and movie makers could use it, it isnt used ingame in other games, i believe

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »
My list is

-Fix Windows 7 compatibility issues.

-Auto weapon/item pickup with priority settings.

-HR4 texture pack that comes with the installer.

-Better bot AI.

-Tutorial map.

-CODMW2 style kill cam.

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »
Tutorial map, da intercourse you on about?

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 01:26:47 AM »
In reference to graphics, perhaps integration of normal maps along with textures would help a lot.  This way we could keep the vertice count down while increasing detail dramatically. However, since normal maps involve light source, it may not work well with the maps that were already done.

I think the learning curve is a big reason that a lot of people don't stick around, but it is also what has kept so many of us around.  This is a very hard game to learn.

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
What about new score board?
Here is some idea or example of how would new score board look like :) .

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »
yeah i think a new scoreboard would be cool.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »
I think changing the ball speed back to what it once was would help, i hate the new ball speed. I think it could keep us old players who make returns stick around longer then tell more old people who played and maybe the clans will come back. Probably not seeing we are all older now but its worth a shot?

How about also adding the Angel which i knew has been talked about alot, bring back the old style 300 round hoppers ftw.

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »
How about also adding the Angel which i knew has been talked about alot, bring back the old style 300 round hoppers ftw.

Yay, I'm for mixing up things, when it comes to weaponry, its lower half (VM, Stingray) is so crap that many mappers seems to just omit them.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »
I've been meaning to ask you about this!

My personal list:

1.Completely fix doublejumps
2.Make flowing and warping lava have the exact same color/brightness :(
3.Make sure jump mod records are always accurate
4.Jump mod
5.Demo playback controls
6.HR4 textures
7.Dual core support
8.Fix teleporting into each other

A more logical list:

1.Fix compatibility issues
2.Completely fix doublejumps (would be lower if not for b33-b35)
3.HR4 textures
4.Improved bots
5.Demo playback controls
6.Accurate jump mod records
7.Jump mod
8.Dual core support

I'm not sold on a tutorial map being necessary. My fear is that a tutorial might make the gameplay feel less natural by forcing people into certain molds.
me too
+ maybe a ingame translator : we always come to a server and people dont speak a language you speak.
+ new scoreboard might be good =)

purpleman

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »
some of my opinions to get more people to play is to big tournaments and play the best of the best.......also we could have newer guns and instead of only playing capture the flag most of the time, there should be some new games like king of the hill or free for all or have a map that is completely dark and the only way to see is from a flashlight from your gun like the game "Halo." Another way you could get people play more is to add some monsters like the ones on "Quake" or on "Half-life."

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 01:02:25 AM »
some of my opinions to get more people to play is to big tournaments and play the best of the best.......also we could have newer guns and instead of only playing capture the flag most of the time, there should be some new games like king of the hill or free for all or have a map that is completely dark and the only way to see is from a flashlight from your gun like the game "Halo." Another way you could get people play more is to add some monsters like the ones on "Quake" or on "Half-life."

Tournaments shouldnt be organized by dp, they should be a community effort. There have been and will be tournaments, check them out in Clans,matches and tournaments sub forum.

You won't get newer guns, I guess, but the gun models might receive work, so I've heard.

There already are different gametypes, KOTH, dm both exist.

Don't think monsters will appear in dp, but I've heard things about tutorial maps, so bots might have some role in there.