Author Topic: DEMO REQUEST: Clitoris, KinG, Peppah  (Read 17039 times)

flamer

• 68 Carbine
Re: DEMO REQUEST: Clitoris, KinG, Peppah
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »
I'd like the committee to look into this since we followed the procedure. We sent our demos, I added times. Our part is done. THEY have to upload their demos now. 5 days past since we created the thread. I think it's a long enough delay to get it looked forward.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 01:14:53 AM »
Pretty sure there is no rule on uploading demos. So I don't see why they HAVE to give them up.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »
I'd like the committee to look into this since we followed the procedure.

Will have a look at your demo later today and post some feedback. Just note that no matter what I say, it's probably not going to change a lot.

Blackou7

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »
That is irrelevant.  I didn't request your demo. 
I never played in the match that i watch why would you request demo....

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »

Whenever someone requests a demo, (s)he must post his/her own demo along with suspicious times
When times are provided, we can have a look at the demo and decide whether the demo is indeed needed

Orly Rick ?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
file, /912 demo, suspicious times:

KiNG: ~8:30
~ 9:20

Clit: ~10:20 --> You clearly see him following the red guy through the walls.

K had some time to watch it now, and I seriously have no idea what these times are telling us.

10.20 - Watched the demo with a wallhack activated. When seeing what he could have seen with a wallhack activated, I doubt he was using one.
9.20 - He's defending his base while 2 of his mates are dead. He's most probably getting recon, as he's busy lining the back/side of his base, when he suddenly turns to you and instantly hits you (now imagine the guy screaming to his ear that the enemy is jumping over the main hill).
8.30 - He seems to throw a nade in one of the three major paths on this map. That's around 33,3% chance of hitting someone.

Also, what's the sense of "suddenly" (that's what I assume you're telling us, as the first suspicious times you call are after 10 minutes of matching) turning on a hack when you're already leading by at least 20 points?

Apart from spending time on watching 10 minutes of demo without obvious suspicious moments, it's kind of disappointing to see some of the involved people posting in this thread and still refusing to upload a demo...

Just to remind:

Of course the "alleged hacker" is still requested to upload his demo, in case he spots the thread before someone has looked into the demo. This measure should never be used as an excuse not the upload a demo!

Blackou7

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »
So Rick is wrong and they have to upload the video? Atmays your also wrong since both of you said they dont have to uploaddemos...

Platinum

• PGP

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »
So Rick is wrong and they have to upload the video? Atmays your also wrong since both of you said they dont have to uploaddemos...

No. They do not. If they post their demos consider it an act of kindness on their part. There is NO RULE that gives the committee authority to request a ban on someone who does not post a demo.

The way you interact with the community will go along way in how your request are considered. I say this because of your actions in this forum and on irc are seen in a negative light. Atmays could have posted his demo fairly easily in his first post but I assume he didn't because of the way you act. If I am in error I am sorry to cause offense.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »
There's nothing between this request and his behaviour on the forums/IRC. IRC and the forumsare two different things. I asked him to create this thread because I created one the days before. I sent the demos of everyone in the match, the suspicious times. The least they could have done is post their demos. Stop protecting your friend on this game. All we are asking is for their demos. Not a big deal.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:53 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but since when does jimmy make any sort of rules? If a post is made by him, ignore it, it is worthless.

On another note, ^ read it again.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 11:15:28 PM »
Spook, you're popping out of nowhere, with no reasons to discuss about all that. You surely meant that YOUR posts are worthless.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 03:16:30 AM »
Orly Rick ?

So Rick was right, uh oh's.

Blackou7

• PGP
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »
So Rick was right, uh oh's.
Rick you have to post the demo if you request there is a rule that Flamer posted about it.....anyway they could be nice and not listen to the **** on dp and post the demo already this post is like 7 days old....just stop being a puss and post the demo unless your trying to cover something up?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »
Rick you have to post the demo if you request there is a rule that Flamer posted about it.....

There is no such thing as a rule on demo requests. I, on behalf of the committee, posted a guideline on how to handle demo requests, to prevent senseless troll threads about demos. It's funny to see so many people claim to have certain rights based on that post.
I'm not defending people who are not giving up their demos though. Posting a demo normally takes less than a minute, so I don't see why they post in threads like these and don't just upload their demos.

As for this specific case. I watched the demo flamer provided and did not have the feeling it needs extended investigations. I don't know how others think about it, but I'm not going to invest any more time in this thread until someone posts something constructive again.

Blackou7

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
lol we need other teams demos for our concerns to watch and review them you saw our side we want there side now

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
It's funny how much demo requests have changed in the last 3 years...

It was just a simple IRC PM before, not much problems, most people gave it unless they had deleted it already, or truly cheated causing them to make an excuse. -- If it was suspicious, then further action was taken.

Then it moved into a forum post, which turned into: "POST ON FORUMS!!!!!!!!" to every hackusation. It lowered the amounts of requests, and usually only happened when people were truly serious about it.... but everyone posted the demo as soon as they saw the thread - or made up some huge excuse how they "deleted it" etc.. Worked pretty good, removed a lot of rage-requests.

And now, it's into posting times, and people still refuse to post their demo's..... but instead of some cool, creative excuse, it's just a simple: No thanks.

In this case, it's more experienced players refusing to give there demo. It takes no time at all to upload a demo, it clears the potential uncertainty (for the most part).... like... atmays you looked at the thread and responded, why didn't you just post it? What benefit did you gain from making a new, inexperienced player, have to make himself look retarded by continuing to reply? C'mon. Just give stuff over IRC, and let them post it publicly if they find it suspicious. Making it public has no gain. Even if it's a rage-request, it's usually from less-talented players, let them see how you play so they can improve.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »
He clearly refused because he doesn't want to reveal his team strategies. Honestly, and i know I'm going to get a ton of BS about supporting cheaters, but unless there's a prize involved such as a tournament or league it really shouldn't matter this much for just a demo.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »
He clearly refused because he doesn't want to reveal his team strategies. Honestly, and i know I'm going to get a ton of BS about supporting cheaters, but unless there's a prize involved such as a tournament or league it really shouldn't matter this much for just a demo.

That's the point, it shouldn't matter this much. It takes no time at all to upload it, the thread should have been finished a while ago, because they should have given their demos. It's stupid for somebody who was requested, to post in the thread and not post their demo.

Demo's have helped to get people banned before, so in such a small community where it's rare to have tournaments/leagues with prizes, that shouldn't be the case. You MAY get 1 small tournament/league with a small prize per year.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »
I never played in the match that i watch why would you request demo....

To quote what you said to me on mumble or vent "I only said that stuff because snood asked me to.  I just posted what he told me to say."
I was proving my point that you comment on threads with out just reason, though you detest others doing the same.

What benefit did you gain from making a new, inexperienced player, have to make himself look retarded by continuing to reply?

He was making himself look that way before this thread.