Author Topic: Payl Anti Cheat (PAC)  (Read 15036 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Payl Anti Cheat (PAC)
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 11:37:38 PM »
Wait, if you're worried about distributing it to people now because they'll 'crack' it, I'm sure once someone has it in one of these PAC protected tournaments they'll distribute it around for people who want to test it...

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 01:43:07 AM »
 But the very first tournament will be cheat free. Totally worth it.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 08:11:19 AM »
I have a feeling that it's the encryption, not the injection, causing the antivirus false positives.  I had similar problems and just gave up on it.
In my case, it was running with no problem and just when i was trying to inject dll, it reported InjEnv as virus, so i think that injection is reason. I don't think that antivirus will detect anything in PAC because it's obfuscated so only problem might be antiviruses saying that it's obfuscated.

Does this program check if you're using the right name? Or can I just use Gamabunta's name and use ma hacks?
Entering fake name will not just make PAC tell you that enter incorrect name but you will be detected after match. Also entering wrong name is poor idea, because it still generate your HardwareID and your IP so you would be banned even if you spoof your name. I threat name like just help to know who it is.

Wait, if you're worried about distributing it to people now because they'll 'crack' it, I'm sure once someone has it in one of these PAC protected tournaments they'll distribute it around for people who want to test it...
If someone will try to do something unallowed with PAC i might ban him. And i'll allow people from tournament to see it before they have to use it. Also, im not that really scared because of cracking, just it isn't finished for now, and miss some procedures to make sure everything is inside PAC. That's why i don't publish it. But this might take some time, because PAC is still under heavy development. Then why i post topic about it? Because if there's incoming tourney i might disable those features and let it be safe anyway.

But the very first tournament will be cheat free. Totally worth it.
I don't understand you, blaa. You first say that it isn't needed and then you say that is good...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 03:20:29 PM »
He wasn't saying it was good...

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »
He wasn't saying it was good...
Totally worth it.
I mean he say it's worth effort i put on it (=good ^.^ ) while he said before that he doesn't see point of creating it.
I know that's really important matter Rick, but really, i don't think that 'interesting posts' are needed...

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »
I mean he say it's worth effort i put on it (=good ^.^ )
No, he didn't.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
No, he didn't.
You already told me that on IRC, so i don't think that posting it here is needed.
Anyway, doesn't really matter what blaa said lol, this isn't important or sth... if you guys were so helpful with development lol.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »
If someone will try to do something unallowed with PAC i might ban him. And i'll allow people from tournament to see it before they have to use it. Also, im not that really scared because of cracking, just it isn't finished for now, and miss some procedures to make sure everything is inside PAC. That's why i don't publish it. But this might take some time, because PAC is still under heavy development. Then why i post topic about it? Because if there's incoming tourney i might disable those features and let it be safe anyway.
Jitspoes game, you can't ban them.  Anyway, I don't get what you're going on about disabling features and so on, I just think about posting it, there's no point holding onto it, because someone could start a tourney right now as a joke, get the PAC and start testing or 'cracking' it.  IMO it'd be better if this was serverside, then you'd have more of a chance controlling who has it if you're that worried about it.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 06:21:35 PM »
Jitspoes game, you can't ban them.  Anyway, I don't get what you're going on about disabling features and so on, I just think about posting it, there's no point holding onto it, because someone could start a tourney right now as a joke, get the PAC and start testing or 'cracking' it.  IMO it'd be better if this was serverside, then you'd have more of a chance controlling who has it if you're that worried about it.
I can ban them from PAC.
I might disable some features that aren't done for now (because still under development). PAC is still under heavy development (i develop it most of my coding time), so for now there are some features that are under testing or bug fixing.
I don't think if anyone want PAC, he would rather talk to me than making fake tournament.
I'm worried because with first public release i'll lose chance to fix anything because if hackers will hack v.1 then hacking v.2 will become easier. So i want to be sure that all major features are done before i release it in any form.
And if you don't know, i cannot simply tick 'serverside' to make it serverside, i would have to recode it totally (also serverside is bad because can't detect for example wallhack).

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »
So, as many of you wanted test of PAC, here it is.
I think i'll provide this test for few days and then unallow you again from connecting because this is still TEST, so don't blame me for some issues with it. Also protection isn't finished, i still work on some features, so it might have some bugs.

Matchcode is: PUBTEST26
This matchcode should work for few days, after it i'll probably block this test from usage.

I don't plan to report/ban anyone if i detect cheats during this test. So feel free to use some cheats on it if you want so. PAC might block it, but even if it isn't blocked it still might be detected, so feel free to contact me if you think that it wasn't detected. Any help in detection is welcome.
However, don't try to crack PAC, i'll react on those tries as you were trying to take PAC down, so i might ban you then.
Be sure to run this ONLY with build 35.
If you have problems launching PAC, look on first post, and if it won't resolve your issue, post here.
(Ah yes i know that matchcode doesn't fit edit, i'll fix it later).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:56:11 AM by payl »

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 03:29:39 PM »
Good job on fixing the anti-virus trouble. This time I "only" got a message from my firewall.

When I closed DP2 and tried to close PAC using the red cross, it said "please close PAC first", even though I had already closed DP2. You might want to look at this.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 03:39:51 PM »
Good job on fixing the anti-virus trouble. This time I "only" got a message from my firewall.
Haven't did anything... Just for now it download PAC.dll from server, if that change anything lol.
When I closed DP2 and tried to close PAC using the red cross, it said "please close PAC first", even though I had already closed DP2. You might want to look at this.
This is known issue, after while it should say PAC client disconnected. As this isn't crash/major issue i'm gonna work on it later. But thanks for report.
Btw. It looks like you just runned PAC and closed it without doing much (like connecting anywhere). Is this true or maybe PAC failed?
Ah and also, as it's test, you don't need to enter dplogin :-] . Leaving it 0 is fine.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 03:52:20 PM »
I didn't have much time. To be honest I just wanted to check if my anti-virus software would still block it and than closed it again. I'll have a closer look when I'm home from work tomorrow.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 08:18:46 AM »
I have little request to Viciouz and Prozajik. PAC found on your computers opengl hack, which is probably stupid driver/etc.
Could you guys post what GPU you use and what version of drivers? Thanks.

Also, requesting more people to test because i want to find more false positives and have more feedback.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=24526.0;attach=9156
(Be sure to read all my posts in this topic, those are needed to run PAC correctly)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:56:25 AM by payl »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M
Driver: 27.7.2009 - 8.15.11.8647
System: Windows 7 64-bit

If you need i can support you with the driver instalation, but the dell.com driver service is currently off and the driver itself has about 100MB. I will post a link as soon as dell.com is back

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M
Driver: 27.7.2009 - 8.15.11.8647
System: Windows 7 64-bit
I have GeForce too, strange.

If you need i can support you with the driver instalation, but the dell.com driver service is currently off and the driver itself has about 100MB. I will post a link as soon as dell.com is back
I don't need drivers download, i thought that you use ATI drivers so those generate problems.

Also, i'll see maybe this will occur at my PC. This seems to be rare issue that only shows during longer play. Maybe this is even paintball behavior i forgot to add... I'll make deeper research and contact you again if i'll need something.
Thanks for help.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »
xfx radeon 6850, whatever the latest catalyst drivers are.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
Just caused a crash. I directed PAC to a DP2 folder with hacks installed and used a different match code as the one you gave us. At the moment I started the game my anti-virus software reported it being a threat (you still might want to fix this...). Even though I accepted the exception PAC gave me some warning that PAC could not connect to the server and DP2 crashed.

I'm not sure what exactly caused the crash (anti-virus) or the wrong match code. Also, I'm quite curious to know what you need this match code for. If a wrong match code indeed causes a crash I suggest you to look for a solution to fix this.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »
Maybe you should just install Microsoft Security Essentials instead of your 60 Euro Symantec Virenschutz.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 02:32:06 PM »
Just caused a crash. I directed PAC to a DP2 folder with hacks installed and used a different match code as the one you gave us. At the moment I started the game my anti-virus software reported it being a threat (you still might want to fix this...). Even though I accepted the exception PAC gave me some warning that PAC could not connect to the server and DP2 crashed.
Can't do anything with antivirus, as this also seems random for me if it detect it or not... i don't see reason to threat PAC like virus, if your antivirus prevent me from dll injection, i would have to make cracked paintball that load PAC or use some kind of wrapper, and then PAC will threat that as cheat...

I'm not sure what exactly caused the crash (anti-virus) or the wrong match code. Also, I'm quite curious to know what you need this match code for. If a wrong match code indeed causes a crash I suggest you to look for a solution to fix this.
Wrong matchcode shouldn't make crash, this might be bug. But entering bad matchcode will result in errors, this is desired to do so. Matchcode is to sort logs when they are recorded, so i don't have everything in same place. Those really make looking for specific log easier and also gives additional protection against people trying to fool PAC.