Author Topic: Why not to play on [CC] Servers  (Read 5839 times)

CheMiCal

• Autococker
Why not to play on [CC] Servers
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »
Found this kind of funny.

http://speedy.sh/gWswM/auto-20120222-213909-1-carpathian.dm2

never before have i lagged like this. only happens when i play on [CC] servers Against [CC]. No this isn't a flame thread just letting people know that they'll lag you if you play on their server. idk how they do it but frankly it's kind of a game ruiner.

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Why not to play on [CC] Servers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:36:11 AM »
 Didn't look at the demo, but something tells me that what you are saying, is not correct.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:45:20 AM »
Most the American scene agree with Chemical. Heard it from a lot of peoplessssss.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 06:04:17 AM »
Most the American scene agree with Chemical. Heard it from a lot of peoplessssss.
+1

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:16:20 AM »

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »
if this is not supposed to be a flame thread, the topic title could have been chosen more carefully ;)

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:17:04 AM »
ThC doesn't lag, so they must hate you guys.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »
never been lagged before, but another reason not to play on the servers: they kick/mute you if you respond to something they say lol.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 05:47:27 PM »
never been lagged before, but another reason not to play on the servers: they kick/mute you if you respond to something they say lol.

every single time, morbid would just kick me or ban me or mute me, thank goddness superman created his servers again, even though i never been it but still superman pub and speed servers all the way. Btw where is morbid havent seen him for a long time, same with dystro?

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »
CC match is the only server they play in so dystro/cola/colon won't cry over 40+ ping. Plus they just admin abuse everybody when they die or you respond to them.

NyGoon

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
They kick if they dont have a name on they dont like. like ucker got kicked everytime. :P

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »
CC match is the only server they play in so dystro/cola/colon won't cry over 40+ ping. Plus they just admin abuse everybody when they die or you respond to them.
true dat, so heres a crazy question, who turely owns [cc]match server? Anyone know

dont get mad cc players :D

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
First of all, I've already made a thread about this after SHK constantly complained while matching us. It was concluded that it's impossible to do with any server or client side command. Even more so, the entire server would lag everyone that occupies it, not just one team.

As far as I know, the [CC] match server is the ONLY match server located in the United States. Dallas, Texas for those who are unaware.

Why would we pay for a server that we are not going to use? So yes, we want to use our server as it's being paid for by us.

You should check your routing to Dallas, Tx before you accuse us of deliberately forcing you to lag through some sort of black magic. That, or beg mommy and daddy to step up your internet connection, computer hardware, or both.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »
First of all, I've already made a thread about this after SHK constantly complained while matching us. It was concluded that it's impossible to do with any server or client side command. Even more so, the entire server would lag everyone that occupies it, not just one team.

You're wrong. If you own the server, and are experienced with it, you can lag individual people without lagging the server. So, don't assume you know more than everyone. Yes, I've had servers, yes I've done it before to test it. There are other people, who were more experienced with servers, who can likely confirm this too.

Not saying CC lags people though, just saying it's possible. I've randomly had high ping on CC servers recently, and it's only on that server (which, is obviously only against them, since it's not available to publicly use) - but that might just be something with my internet and their host. Who knows. Me/Shk both had the same internet, and it happened to both of us, could've been something with our provider.

About the muting and whatnot, they pay, they do what they want etc.etc.. Don't like it, don't play them. boom. Choose between the other 4 teams.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:51 AM »
You're wrong. If you own the server, and are experienced with it, you can lag individual people without lagging the server. So, don't assume you know more than everyone. Yes, I've had servers, yes I've done it before to test it. There are other people, who were more experienced with servers, who can likely confirm this too.

No, I'm not.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 05:27:51 AM »
I thought Superman had recently acquired match servers in the U.S.A.?

Ive noticed individuals lagging in CC servers before, but if theyve somehow managed to lag people through some sort of serverside command, I dont know..sounds a little conspiracy-theorist to me.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 06:19:29 AM »
Ive noticed individuals lagging in CC servers before, but if theyve somehow managed to lag people through some sort of serverside command, I dont know..sounds a little conspiracy-theorist to me.
You do realise that this has nothing to do with paintball, rather the actual server.

Don't actually see who would ever go to the fuss of loosing/delaying packets to a particular IP for a game... unless of course you have no life, because its not something an ordinary router can do.  But as Myers said, if you know what you're doing, it shouldn't be hard at all.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 08:29:30 AM »
Myers, you live in canada, the server is in TX. you are the farthest possible distance away from the server. yes you will ping high.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »

Totally the farthest possible distance

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 11:32:50 AM »
No, I'm not.

You really are. Back up your claim of "it not being possible" instead of pretending you know more. They aren't your servers, you aren't experienced with servers, so why should anyone believe your claim? It's as believable as some random person just saying: "They lag me" - except, the people who claim CC lags them, have demo's of themselves getting 200ping on CC servers. It's happened to a few people, and others have witnessed it happening. It could be complete luck, or, you could assume Dystro is a smart person, who's owned servers for a few years now, and is experienced enough to find out how. Don't say: yhecaredoe? - Cause he avoids playing most good teams, so yeah, he does care that much, so it's a reasonable assumption. His own teammates get frustrated with him, but they've given some pretty reasonable reasons as to why. #livingintheglorydays #canthandlenotbeingthebest #2012youredeadsoon

Foxhound - There's been MANY servers in Texas before, I pinged from 60-80, not 200, lol. TX IS FARTHER DEN EUROPE??????????????????? And it fluctuates a lot, not a steady high ping. It's happened twice, since that's how many times I've played CC since being back. The first time it happened bad, the second time only went up to like 130 --- but no other server had higher than normal ping, and my teammates didn't either. (Chem played with me the 2nd time, and had a normal ping). So yeah, it's not to do with the location - maybe the host, maybe some conspiracy thing. But it's only happened to people from Canada so far, I guess. But it's still fun, so whatevz, it's the only team that plays renoir<3