Poll

i need help with quake 2

is quake and paintball related ?
0 (0%)
can i use paitballs maps in quake2?
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: June 21, 2006, 05:38:17 PM

Author Topic: i need help with quake2  (Read 786 times)

zodiac

• PGP
i need help with quake2
« on: June 16, 2006, 05:38:17 PM »
i know this is a paint ball forum but i have a problem that might be related to this game...I recently downloaded gamespy and i'm trying to play quake2 but in a team arena  but i can only log into  deathmatch... what can i do to play teams ? also there is a lot of servers that tell me that my connection is refuse and that there is a new version of paintball... i downloaded paintball thinking that that is what i needed but i'm still having the same problem... what can i do ?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: i need help with quake2
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:54:57 PM »
You'll want to use the paintball2 client to play on paintball servers (game dir is "pball").  You can make gamespy point to paintball2.exe or you can use the serverbrowser.exe in your paintball2 directory to find servers.  Paintball2 also has an in-game browser.

If you're playing some other mod (not pball), I'm not sure what the problem is.  Perhaps it has its own standalone client, too, that you need to download.  What are you trying to play, exactly?

zodiac

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 06:26:14 PM »
What  I'm trying to play is ''quake2"  and i can log in just fine to play in deathmatch, But I want to play in a team (blues against reds) and it gives me a message that say  " Connection refused, new version available: http://www.digitalpaint.org" but here i am and i can't find what im looking for since I don't know what it is. I downloaded the game Paintball but still can't get in the servers

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 07:46:57 PM »
You're connecting to paintball servers, not regular Quake2 servers.  If you want to play Quake2 CTF, look for servers running the "ctf" mod.  Of course, you can always try playing paintball.  You might like it better than vanilla Quake2. ;)