Author Topic: Nonturno  (Read 2017 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Nonturno
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »
I decided to make another map, almost reminds me of Eclissi.

Two teams, Yellow/Purple

4 Flags 2 Yellow, 2 Purple. Main flag = 5pts, 2nd flag (over ice) = 3 pts

Start with carbines, 3 autocockers in each base.

http://clipz.viciouz.co.uk/maps/nonturno_b1.bsp

SS's

The map is NOT done. There is one misaligned texture in middle. I know the planks in mid are not touching the crates. I'm going to add a little more detail over time.

Jitspoe: What did you have me do with the quark maps to fix lighting before, I would run them through bsp after quark but I forget what exactly to do.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:06:41 AM by Clipz »

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
Re: Nonturno
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
Nice map! Just had a quick run around, and I really like it. The layout of the base is quite unique with the ice etc... Just a few things though, there are two small gaps between the grass brushes in the bases, which are unnecessary and I found the jump, with 2 crates surrounded by a piece of wood, very difficult. Also, there is a crate overhanging somewhere, I've forgotten where exactly, but I think that might be more of an annoyance than anything else. Apart from that really nice work and another great map :)

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 01:03:46 PM »
Could you look into those stretched out textures that you have on your boulders? I'm asking because they've always annoyed me on other maps ><

The correct ratio would be height divided by base length.

I found two bugs :P
- You can shoot through one of the outer walls.
- There are two spots where you get stuck while wallstrafing.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:14:07 AM by joonas »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:34:15 AM »
Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!

I'll have a look at the map later.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 10:00:55 PM »
Recorded a demo with suggestions.

I'm not sure if it's just an issue with the palette for the lighting, but the map seemed a bit too dark overall.  It was hard to see clearly in a lot of areas.  It should be possible to fix the lighting issue with the proper colormap.pcx.  Or you can grab the bsp pack, copy your .map to the mapfiles subdirectory, and open and export it from there.

Map is also up in rotation on the beta server.  Let me know if you need the login.