Author Topic: Feature Request: Random Tie Map Vote.  (Read 7414 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Feature Request: Random Tie Map Vote.
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:00:37 PM »
The only other clan that plays, duh.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »
case in point, rick was just playing with us and everything i just posted cam true. we even forfeited the tie map so we could rematch and we chose ub rooftop2 as our map and senix cries and said im not playing that and left. it wasn't even a tie map.

so not only will they nto play fun maps for tie, they wont play a match with any fun maps either.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »
League doesn't solve it. People will complain regardless. GGDPLeague is a perfect example. It turned out fine, but no matter what, people will complain. Whether it be "the server locations are rigged to benefit Myers' ping!" - to - complaining about the map selection etc... - The work put in is not worth it. Especially now that the game can hardly get a 3 versus 3 game going.

As for tiemaps, win 2-0. And I've never had a problem with tie maps. I guess it's cause I only go to tie vs vT or MLG for the most part. And we can usually agree on pforest/carp/sass/ren etc.. so it's fine. You'll never solve this problem though. No permanent solution will ever be put in place. Pretty sure this argument has come up many times before too.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 09:01:17 AM »
Yep, the problem only occurs if the other team wants to argue and not choose a tiemap. You can always decide on 1 map if you give pub-like maps suggestions and the other team is reasonable. Last matches i can remember we have always decided in the first "3-maps-suggestions". Just dont play against arguing teams ;)

PS:[kuc]:pbcup_renoir is an official tie map, join or you ff!
^problem solved

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »
Yep, the problem only occurs if the other team wants to argue and not choose a tiemap. You can always decide on 1 map if you give pub-like maps suggestions and the other team is reasonable. Last matches i can remember we have always decided in the first "3-maps-suggestions". Just dont play against arguing teams ;)

PS:[kuc]:pbcup_renoir is an official tie map, join or you ff!
^problem solved

good to see you posting about that, im not in kuc anymore but you czech kids always cry about tie maps it`s even worse than with myers!

BTT: random tie map is a good idea though.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
just a random button in general, i would use it just to chose our map.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 07:25:05 AM »
good to see you posting about that, im not in kuc anymore but you czech kids always cry about tie maps it`s even worse than with myers!
Funny you say that, yet i have never seen kuc technically discussing tie map. However you complain about myers too with whom we have never had a problem deciding tie map.

Anyway random map button might sometimes come in handy. Maybe an external *.txt file with list of maps from which the button would generate map might be cool.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 01:10:56 AM »
A random tie vote feature WOULD be nice, if the game wasn't inactive. Pub's don't count. Or maybe if jitspoe let a few other people help with development and advertising. Because even if it were to get implemented, People would still leave if it was some TIEMAP they didn't like or play. And the only way to solve that problem would to enable a stats page maybe in-game that players could check. Like a win/loss record and what not. But nothing's obviously going to happen since most of the excrementt on that Feature votes list is still sitting there, after 3+ years.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker