Author Topic: [Feature Request] Custom skins.  (Read 6649 times)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
[Feature Request] Custom skins.
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:23:19 PM »
I know this game has a feature like that but I don't think I've seen people use it so something must be going on.

This will work like custom skins in Minecraft. You make a texture and apply it to your model.

If people with custom skins are playing a game mode with teams in it (like CTF, Seige, TDM, etc) then the paintball uniform of their team's color that comes with the default PB2 skin will be placed over the model.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:52:13 AM by Narga »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: [Feature Request] Custom skins.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:10:42 PM »
no

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »
DONT TRY IT, I HAD BEEN BANNED FOR THAT, AND SO WAS CRASH!!!!!!!!!!

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »
multiple skins too choose from so that you look different to the others maybe no advantages just slightly changed?

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 04:33:39 PM »
OMG, DONT YOU UNDERSTAND? if you dont then go to this link: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22662.0

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
multiple skins too choose from so that you look different to the others maybe no advantages just slightly changed?

If people with custom skins are playing a game mode with teams in it (like CTF, Seige, TDM, etc) then the paintball uniform of their team's color that comes with the default PB2 skin will be placed over the model.

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 05:54:58 PM »
i mean still red but a slightly different skin and model in the options menu 4 choices like in urban terror

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »
i mean still red but a slightly different skin and model in the options menu 4 choices like in urban terror

I still don't know what you mean. I've never played Urban Terror.

People can replace the default player texture like in Minecraft.

Lets say for example you use a texture of Bill Gates as your skin. When ever you play PB2, you will look like Bill Gates to other players.

If you're playing a game mode with teams in it, a paintball uniform that's your team's color will be placed on your model. So your model will look like Bill Gates in a paintball uniform.

Maybe in DM, the paintball uniform will be removed from your model. So you'll get to see the whole skin.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:23 PM »
 I don't want to see bill gates in-game

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 06:31:30 AM »
I still don't know what you mean. I've never played Urban Terror.

People can replace the default player texture like in Minecraft.

Lets say for example you use a texture of Bill Gates as your skin. When ever you play PB2, you will look like Bill Gates to other players.

If you're playing a game mode with teams in it, a paintball uniform that's your team's color will be placed on your model. So your model will look like Bill Gates in a paintball uniform.

Maybe in DM, the paintball uniform will be removed from your model. So you'll get to see the whole skin.

options memu where you can chose from 4 already made skins that jitspoe puts in of course modifying them would get a ban

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »
I don't want to see bill gates in-game

I was using him as an example. You can use what ever texture you have on your computer.

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 01:58:57 PM »
But don't until it has been approved by Jitspoe

and it will be unlikely

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 04:57:11 PM »
Narga, your not alowed to modify the models or gun models at all.

:D i hope that explans everything, trust me

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
wow you all are stupid. He's trying to say...

Have models created and approved by jitspoe, key words, APPROVED BY JITSPOE.

After this step is done, you can choose which model you want in game. This model will be represented by the color of your team.

Any modification of this model or the skin texture on the new models will result in a ban.

I think this is a cool/fun idea. I think S8N was saying he wouldn't mind making models again somewhere on an earlier thread.

Think of it like in Counter strike since you never played urban terror. You choose the player model you want when you enter the game.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
I thought the reason why we don't allow custom skins is so that people will modify them to gain an unfair advantage. What people will do is change the skin for purple players to yellow, red players to blue, etc.

If we have a uniform that people aren't allowed to change that gets placed over the model, (like helmets are placed over the skin in Minecraft) that should work.

If you're playing DM, the uniform will be removed from the model, allowing you to see the whole skin because I don't really see a purpose for the PB uniform in DM other than to make the player look like a paintball player.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
a ingame freinds list would be a better idea, new players will like it because they can see if any of their friends are online and they can contact them out of game. kinda like how the league of legends friend list is. showing if they're in game or not and you can msg them and stuff.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »
a ingame freinds list would be a better idea, new players will like it because they can see if any of their friends are online and they can contact them out of game. kinda like how the league of legends friend list is. showing if they're in game or not and you can msg them and stuff.
+1

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »
X100 Now Thats A Good idea

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 08:51:47 PM »
new thread, but there is a server browser. integrate that into the game

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 05:10:17 PM »
new thread, but there is a server browser. integrate that into the game
yep, im going to waste 10 mins searching for a friend by going through all thoese servers and if that friend changed their name or add a new name or even deleted the name and someone else took the name, then i wont know unless i go on dplogin and go to "display players".

The friends list in game should be based on players id