Author Topic: Problems with LAN servers Build 35  (Read 7185 times)

FlyingFinn

• PGP
Problems with LAN servers Build 35
« on: June 22, 2012, 12:37:13 AM »
I found a problem with the Build 35 update, being that i could make a LAN server at school with previous builds, and my friends could join easily. With Build 35, my friends are unable to find the server, likewise i cannot find those of my friends who have B35 as well. One guy had Build 32, and it worked properly, we found the server easily.

So I assume it is a bug if it isn't working for a later build, but if it is not a bug, can someone tell me how to rectifiy this?

payl

• 68 Carbine
Re: [BUG] Problems with LAN servers Build 35
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:22:07 AM »
So I assume it is a bug if it isn't working for a later build, but if it is not a bug, can someone tell me how to rectifiy this?
It probably isn't a bug, and if you post more informations we would be able to help you. But for now i can guess that you need to delete line 999 of your configuration file.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »
Payl, in every thread you female dog about not getting more information. The kid clearly stated the problem. He's not a psycho geek like you, he doesn't understand how the universe works. All he knows is that with this update he can't make a lan. If he could give you more information, he'd probably know how to fix it now wouldn't he. stop being a prick and help or be quiet.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 10:42:38 AM »
Payl, in every thread you female dog about not getting more information. The kid clearly stated the problem. He's not a psycho geek like you, he doesn't understand how the universe works. All he knows is that with this update he can't make a lan. If he could give you more information, he'd probably know how to fix it now wouldn't he. stop being a prick and help or be quiet.
Stop insulting me, otherwise i won't talk with you (PS. probably should already ignore you because you keep on posting offensively to everyone)
If he is unable to provide more informations, i'm not able to give him better tips than removing line 999 of configuration file.

But okay some questions:
1.What are you connecting by? router? wat.
2.Have you firewall?
3.Describe computers, their configuration, installed paintball version and so on.
4.Are you starting dedicated server or ingame. Try setting up a dedicated one.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »

2.Have you firewall?

Also, clearly he stated hes at school, I doubt he has anyway to change any firewall statuses, as well as having access to any routers.

3.Describe computers, their configuration, installed paintball version and so on.

He also clearly stated what build he is using that is failing at creating LANs as well as what build was properly creating the LANs.

AND, I'm not done yet with your stupidity, he is not making a dedicated server, all he is doing is going in, clicking "start new game" and creating it. All this was deducted by my brain without any information. I would be darned if it isn't 100% accurate.

How is that info relevant... Hypocrites

Once again, you're calling for useless information.

FlyingFinn

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
But okay some questions:
2.Have you firewall?
I'll answer these anyway:
1. We are using the network of the school, all computers are linked up.
2. Some computers do have a firewall, as a student, i can't turn it off. but my computer was the same as the one that worked.
3. Computers, please forgive my ignorance, but they are fairly new and pretty basic. as for the paintball, all 3 of us had it on USB sticks, and like i said, two of us had build 35, one had build 32.
4. Yes, we did start in game.

I just would like to notify jitspoe so hopefully next build this is rectified, or at least give us a way around it.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »
I would be darned if it isn't 100% accurate.
:)

So basically Finn, what I can do to help is to say you should roll back to the previous versions (build 32) so you can enjoy the game. This won't affect the game play at all and I'm pretty sure you may still enter a lot of the servers that are running dedicated. But you are right, this is something Jitspoe will need to look into for he is the only one who knows what he changed.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 07:37:53 PM »
From the console of the game running the server:
Code: [Select]
set minclientbuild 23
Set that cvar to the lowest build # that people are using.

However, there have been some physics changes since the previous, so the game will probably behave unpredictably. It is probably only allowing build 35 players for a good reason.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 05:18:23 AM »
1. We are using the network of the school, all computers are linked up.
We don't know how your school network looks like.

4. Yes, we did start in game.
Maybe try setting dedicated one, this is easy with some tools.
Also, you should try to use direct connect, i mean type in console:
connect x.x.x.x:yYou can obtain computer IP by 'ipconfig' command on windows, search google for details. Port is '27900' by default.

set minclientbuild 23
He said he is unable to connect between b35 and b35.

Also, be sure it isn't simply something with computer config, try running b35 on PC where b32 is installed, maybe it will work too.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 06:20:18 AM »
It works fine here with two computers (PC1: WinVista, b35, LAN, ingame server | PC2: Win7, b35, WLAN, client), so it looks like it is no general problem.

Try to connect with the ip, like payl said. Does it work? If not, what message do you get?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 07:01:20 AM »
Other subnetwork?

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 11:40:12 AM »
He can't set up a dedicated. There's no way he can access the tools to forward ports.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
He can't set up a dedicated. There's no way he can access the tools to forward ports.
This just shows how little you know about networking. Don't post wrong informations, let people that actually know something help.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 03:11:15 PM »
connect by ip.
-> problem solved ;)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »
This just shows how little you know about networking. Don't post wrong informations, let people that actually know something help.

a LAN server at school with previous builds

This is relevant info to me. School networks are usually protected and students shouldn't be able to edit the network configurations. Therefore he suggests to find another solution.
Don't let your personal conflict with Foxhound influence the solution on this question.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
This is relevant info to me. School networks are usually protected and students shouldn't be able to edit the network configurations. Therefore he suggests to find another solution.
Don't let your personal conflict with Foxhound influence the solution on this question.
You don't need to modify network configuration to run dedicated server.
No, i don't let anything personal prevent me from helping.
Now could you please stop posting your irrelevant stuff? Thanks.

connect by ip.
-> problem solved ;)
That's what i suggested also.

FlyingFinn

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »
currently it is the weekend, so i have no access to the school network for at least another 24 hours
i'll attempt the direct ip connection as well, but i do feel that it is a bit much for those who aren't savvy with the technical stuff

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
I don't think anything has changed for finding servers on a lan.  The one thing that might be different is the fact that the server list is sorted (can't remember which build that started in), so it might not have the LAN server right on the top anymore.

FlyingFinn

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
so it might not have the LAN server right on the top anymore.
it does on my one for instance, but seemingly does not exist for my mate. then vice versa.
i think it was just after build 32, or it was 32.....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 12:20:59 PM »
Well, chances are, it has the lowest ping, so if there are people on it, it will probably be on top.  If there aren't (many) players, it may be put below a server with a higher ping that has more players on it.