Author Topic: Error message "GLimp_EndFrame() - SwapBuffers() failed", can't find newer driver  (Read 2168 times)

R3CON

so i get this error GL imp_endframe ()  -  SwapBuffers () Failed!

so reading through here it says i need to get a driver for my graphics card, well i only have the card that came with my less then new pc which is a VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP

Now I cannont seem to find a driver for this card and i have the newest Driver version according to the website which is 6.14.10.132, so if there is any other way to get rid of this error mesage please post because it really henders the gameplay. :-\
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:16:11 AM by webhead »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Help please!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »
Geez, just how many people have that crappy onboard video?  Doing a quick google search, it looks like a lot of people are having problems with it: http://www.google.com/search?q=VIA/S3G+Unichrome+swapbuffers&hl=en&lr=&filter=0

IGP = integrated graphics processor = not designed for games.  The next version of the game will only print the error once to the console, but the framerate will probably be terrible, and chances are, other things won't work properly, either.  What motherboard do you have?

R3CON

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 12:49:23 PM »
well i dont have the stuff that come with the computer so i had to chack their website but i think this is the right one.

Mb manufacturer name: ASUS A7V8X-LA

HP/Compaq name: Kelut-GL6E

i guess thats what you want to know  :-\

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »
Well, the good news is that motherboard has an AGP slot, so you could upgrade the video card.  AGP cards should be pretty cheap now that PCI-express is the new thing, too.  I think even if you got properly working drivers, the game would run too poorly to be enjoyable.

R3CON

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 03:43:40 AM »
Well i find the game to be enjoyable in its current state, sure the graphics arent great but its more the gameplay for me, it runs smooth because of the way i have the video settings, and actually im pretty good at it for a newb.  :D

but ill see about getting a cheap video card just to get rid of the error message, im not much of a computer gamer, its mostly consoles for me.

And another quick question, right now the game runs fine, but in the next version would it run the same for me or would I get lag of really bad frame rates (right now it never lags)

R3CON

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 03:44:44 AM »
*or

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:36 PM »
What framerate do you get (type cl_drawfps 1 at the console).  I'm getting rid of the error in the next version, so if it runs ok now, it should continue to run ok.

R3CON

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »
at most times its around 65, in hectic fights it might go to high 40s

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 12:21:37 AM »
hectic  8)