Author Topic: New Map: CampingDM  (Read 2668 times)

maCHAMPion

• PGP
New Map: CampingDM
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »
I made A New Map Called CampingDM.
Its A Death Match. You Start With PGP, there is 1 Autococker In The Middle BonFire Hope You Like IT ;D

Here Are Some Links To ScrnShots I took  :D

file:///C:/Users/Machamp11/Documents/Home/Pics/sshot0007.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Machamp11/Documents/Home/Pics/sshot0009.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Machamp11/Documents/Home/Pics/sshot0010.jpg

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map: CampingDM
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »
You need to add pictures as an attatchment. You can not link to them.

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
1. there isnt a autococker......did u do on the entity for the pball gun did you press + then do "type" , "autococker".
when i tested it, it had a carbine.
so when u click on the entity for the pball gun in the entity window(press e) should say:
"classname" "weapon_pballgun" 
"type" "autococker"
2. the green looks bad for it
but thats my opinion good job.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:51:29 PM by deadfroggy »

Sub0123

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »
1. there isnt a autococker......
2. the green looks bad for it
but thats my opinion good job.

The green does look bad.

As for the autococker, its on the fireflame thing (nice work on that by the way)

I don't understand where you can camp but nice work on it!

maCHAMPion

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »
lol its not like... camping in the game pball iots like real life camping xD

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 08:11:34 AM »
I wouldn't work on too many maps at the same time. Try to learn bsp step by step and improve your maps. You will learn a lot while improving your maps. But it's kind of annoying if you start around 10 maps and need to change the same stuff for all of them :)

If you use a sky, I'd also use a nice sun lighting. Here're some default settings you can add to the worldspawn...
"sky" "pbsky1"
"_sun_angle" "198 -65"
"_sun_diffuse" "60"
"_sun_ambient" "30"
"_sun_light" "250"

Here're some more skies and sky angles...
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=714.msg221412#msg221412

As deadfroggy already mentioned, the gun in the mid of the map isn't always an autococker, because you didn't set a gun. However, I'd more like to see a stingray or a lower gun for such a small map. You can also add "type" "low" to the weapon_pballgun entity.

Add "angle" "#" to the player spawns, that players don't look in front of a wall after spawning (replace the # with a value). You can also use the count field of the entity window. After you added it, the entity will show you an arrow with the viewing direction.

The cave looks strange with the high walls and the sky. I'd add some more rock brushes at the top that you'll get a real cave.

A standalone flame texture looks just horrible. Have a look at the flame test .map file to create a correct flame. You can also copy the flames if both .map files (the flame test file and your file) are opened in bsp at the same time. Then you can swith between the files. ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/map/_flametest.map

I'd also use an other ground texture for the fireplace.

Screenshots...

Red: Rotate this faces. You can do it with the surface properties. Select the face/brush, press s, add a value to R (R=rotate in degrees), click apply face/brush.

Red: There's a hole.
Blue: Gras looks bad here. I'd use an other texture like you did on the left side.

Red: I'd make this ramp a little bit more flat that players can walk up more easily.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:58:36 AM by Chef-Killer »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »
Here's what I would suggest with your maps.  You need to really sit down and focus on one map and spend some time to make it good rather than rushing through a bunch of maps.  There are a ton of maps for this game now.  We need to focus on quality over quantity.

Since you're focusing on a camping theme on this one, I'd suggest searching around for reference images (search for campground, camping, campsite, etc.).  I've attached a few examples.

I'm not sure if there are any good textures you could use for the tents themselves, but the tiles really don't work.  Also, since the map is DM, it doesn't need to be symmetrical.  I think the map needs to be a lot larger as well.  It's not really big enough for more than a couple people.  Also, there is way too much equipment laying around.  This will cause lag.  Perhaps have 1 or 2 useful upgrades in each tent and keep it at that.  You don't need 50 boxes of ammo.