Author Topic: NEW MAP: cP (based of of halo 3's Valhalla.  (Read 10251 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
NEW MAP: cP (based of of halo 3's Valhalla.
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »
Before people complain about their fps drops, get a better video card and you wont have a problem.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DOWNLOAD THIS: (Trees, Grass, and Mushrooms)  ftp://www.otb-server.de/pub/sk89q_plantlife.zip & ftp://www.otb-server.de/pub/sk89q_trees.zip

cP is a 2 team 1 flag CTF (2nd flags could be added not sure yet, white flag is also in the mix) The bases are based off of Halo 3's Valhalla with the launch pads, and the river going from one side to the other. The mid is nothing like it just something I put together.

DL B1: clipz.viciouz.co.uk/maps/cp_b1.bsp

SS's

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: NEW MAP: cP (based of of halo 3's Valhalla.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 06:45:10 PM »
Also dont bother critiquing it yet because im not even close to done.

Sub0123

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:09:42 AM »
I love this map!

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »
Its already a great job clipz :)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 07:35:35 AM »
Also dont bother critiquing it yet because im not even close to done.
For what reason do you post the map in a forum then?

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
So people can view it... ill be honest dont bother critiquing my maps chef, ive been doing this long enough dont need your input if a texture is off one unit dont bother wasting your time.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 04:32:40 AM »
Hm... ok, why should people view a half done map with lots of lags? (not sure if you run a final compile or fast vis) They can't play it well anyway and a "nice map" or "great job" because of screenshots maybe makes you happy, but it doesn't help to improve a map.

If you don't want to have feedback, I'll not wasting my time. But I've already found at least 3 big holes and a flying tree just by running around a while, what a good map shouldn't have. I can't really understand why people post maps in a forum where discussions are totally normal and don't want to get feedback (not only one unit misaligned textures). You can improve all maps of this game, also mine and yours. So feedback isn't something bad. And if the map is done well, the feedback will be correspondingly shorter.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 05:39:27 AM »
I love you Clipz

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »
Why do people upload their .BSP file to a website instead of simply attaching it to their post? I'm slightly concerned that their's a virus in it or something.

maCHAMPion

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »
LOL Good Speach Cheif-Killer Love It..... To me the map looks plain.. iv played it its fun but its to plain...

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »
Chef There are no leaks in the map. I've been creating q2 maps for 10+ years I don't need your input. I don't see any of your maps played and most of mine still are.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 03:55:50 AM »
Who cares how long do you map? If you would do it well, I wouldn't need to post feedback with stuff to improve/fix. I can't see any argument/reason why you're rejecting feedback.  Maybe you think you're the best mapper all of the world? In germany we call this "beratungsresistent", in english it might be immune to feedback or just ignorance.

Now we have one more unfinished beta that lags because of very high_rspeeds, starts with a warning and has holes, flying trees, etc., we have a mapper who don't want to get any feedback / improve his map and we have a useless topic because of that. Maybe locking the topic would be the best, so everyone can view the map and you can be sure not to get any feedback.

A useless discussion about the maps that are better or are played more often, I save myself, because I don't want to judge my own maps. You can judge them in the topics of the maps if you want to.

Btw, hole ≠ leak

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 11:59:41 AM »
The map does not leak when i do a final compile... so NICE TRY the hill is off but there is no leak in the map or else quark will NOT compile the map and will give an error and show you the leak. I'm not the best mapper alive, but I'm one of the only mappers left from this game. Quit arguing with me on this subject you will not win. Go harass someone else about their map being off by a few units, or make your own... oh yeah you did discovery and it failed miserable just like OTB did in dp when they played.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »
Chef, if he doesn't want you help, then just leave this thread ffs, most people don't want you to help them because you're a bit annoying. Honestly he's one of the best mappers... and you're not even in the top 20 for mapping. So for future notice if people ask you to eff off, just do it.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »
Who cares how long do you map? If you would do it well, I wouldn't need to post feedback with stuff to improve/fix. I can't see any argument/reason why you're rejecting feedback.  Maybe you think you're the best mapper all of the world? In germany we call this "beratungsresistent", in english it might be immune to feedback or just ignorance.

+1 oeieeoieoeie
usak clipz

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 02:10:47 PM »
Before people complain about their fps drops, get a better video card and you wont have a problem.
So if you design unoptimized program, you tell your clients to upgrade PC rather than optimize your program? Bad way of solving problems.
Q2 engine isn't designed to handle open maps, it was designed in times many users didn't have 3D acceleration. And Jitspoe haven't changed it really much since then. And you come up with map that is open, lagging, and say that we should upgrade our GPU if it lags. If engine would be optimized, i wouldn't get ~25fps in most open places. If your map won't be that big/loaded with models it would be same. But it's GPU problem? I don't think so.

Epoly count on your map is ~50000 in some places, you get RED color when you reach ~10000. This obviously doesn't mean that your map isn't designed correctly to Q2 engine being able to use it optimally. This just means that GPU is too slow.

Quit arguing with me on this subject you will not win.
Chef killer tries to help you. But oh well, just like in case with optimization, it's not your failure!

Honestly he's one of the best mappers... and you're not even in the top 20 for mapping. So for future notice if people ask you to eff off, just do it.
If doesn't matter if Clipz is best or worst, it does matter that Chef killer is good and trying to help. Even if Clipz is best, Chef is still good, and Chef is able to spot things that Clipz can't see because of miscellaneous reasons. Clipz is stupid rejecting Chef killer even if he is better.

The map does not leak when i do a final compile...
Clipz way of fixing leaks: Make big box around map.

To be honest, this map is great, but isn't finished, misses finishing touches and is LAGGING with creator saying it's because of GPU while it isn't.

Clipz, you should accept Chef help even if you are better, it doesn't really matter. Also you should reduce lags, i understand that you want to make this map look nice but maps are made to play, not to just look on them. You can make this map awesome without lags.
And Jitspoe should improve engine way of handling big maps. Most maps nowadays are open.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
chef is not good at mapping lol..... look at his maps.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
chef is not good at mapping lol..... look at his maps.
Sure he is simply bad but still capable of finding bugs in maps. What a irony.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
OKAY LETS TALK ABOUT MAPPING INSTEAD OF THE MAP.

Chem: actually, Chefkiller's maps are really good, they are some of the nicer-looking maps in DP. Same with many mappers, Cusoman being the first that comes to mind. Does it mean their bad mappers? No. Their maps are really well made, look nice, they just don't match enough to know what gameplay people like.

Clipz's maps on the other hand, really don't get played either. TLC and maybe mystique get used on some speed pubs, but then again, so does Discovery, and some Cuso maps. So there's room for improvement on both sides.

Clipz's maps usually have good gameplay / flag placement, but are really ugly lool. I hate his terrain in every map, especially with the new physics. It's the most unrealistic terrain too.

You can argue one side or the other, do new players really care if the gameplay is good? No. When you're new, you can't tell the difference. Look and the game itself matters.

Do experienced players give a intercourse about a misaligned box? No. We just want some map with some jumps, and good gameplay.

But, in the current state the game is in, I understand Clipz' reason for not wanting his map critiqued. Takes enough time to make maps, making it look good / perfectly made takes soooo much time on top of that. Why waste that much time for a game that can't even have the activity to run a league? Or that can even consistently get a clan vs clan match going. But, when you still play sometimes, and enjoy making maps, it's nice to toss out some maps to make the small matching scene more interesting for the moment.

Not many people can pull off the look, and the gameplay.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 06:55:40 PM »
The map does not leak when i do a final compile... so NICE TRY the hill is off but there is no leak in the map or else quark will NOT compile the map and will give an error and show you the leak. I'm not the best mapper alive, but I'm one of the only mappers left from this game. Quit arguing with me on this subject you will not win. Go harass someone else about their map being off by a few units, or make your own... oh yeah you did discovery and it failed miserable just like OTB did in dp when they played.
Chef didn't say it had a leak. Right at the end of his post he says that a hole does not equal a leak. (The mathematical symbol).