Author Topic: Paintball2 Patch to remove pinging messages.  (Read 11856 times)

payl

• 68 Carbine
Paintball2 Patch to remove pinging messages.
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »
First of all, i don't know if Jitspoe approves that, but i haven't got any warning at all so i assume it's legit. Jitspoe does not approve it, it might get deleted soon. Use at your risk.

Paintball2 patcher v.1.0
Simple console utility that prevent paintball2 from displaying unneeded messages like "x.x.x.x:y : info' and 'Otb speed 24/24' etc. because those flood console when you get to server choosing menu. "Pinging broadcast" message is there still after patch. This patch is only b35 for windows.

Features:
* asks before patching
* backup
* colored console.
* detect bad/modified files.

Installation:
Drop it to your paintball directory. Run, Press Y and Enter when it's done.

I don't care about your flame, but ideas and feedback are welcome.

PS. File protected, i don't care about your antivirus detections. Once more, use at your risk.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:31:39 PM by payl »

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Paintball2 Patch to remove pinging messages.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:37:57 AM »
 I love those pinging messages.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »
Here's my honest feedback.  This isn't a very useful add-on at all. 

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »
Here's my honest feedback.  This isn't a very useful add-on at all. 
To be honest i don't care what you don't want, i do care what do you want. I just found this is annoying sometimes and easy to fix (2h to do this patcher + inspect). If you find something that i can do and is useful for many people, tell me. Would be better feedback than "nobody needs that".

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »
No one will ever use your  payl s}{it, give up!

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »
I'm actually trying to be constructive when I say this:
Ditch that name, change forum accounts and comeback after everyone forgot about you (so in like 2 hours), then you can help DP, cuz right now I don't see your wonderfull work getting any appreciation...
DP COMUNITY IS SO MEAN!

A for effort tho!

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
I'm actually trying to be constructive when I say this:
Ditch that name, change forum accounts and comeback after everyone forgot about you (so in like 2 hours), then you can help DP, cuz right now I don't see your wonderfull work getting any appreciation...
DP COMUNITY IS SO MEAN!
Nah, someone constructive in DP community?
I don't want to change nick, would be too hard to keep fact who i am. There will be always person which will try to find it out.
Well, if my help isn't getting appreciation this means it isn't wonderful. Therefore i don't care about DP too much, as i don't get anything positive back at all. This is just very simple program i shared with friends so gonna share with you too and also Jitspoe will be aware of it's existence. Maybe someone except me will find it useful.
The funniest thing is that you are probably trolling. But doesn't really matter. People that try not to troll here are just considered hidden trolls.

No one will ever use your  payl s}{it, give up!
I would be stupid if i would do this for you. I did it because i want to have it for myself&friends and i had useful libraries already made (with development of PAC). If someone will find this useful, then it's even better.
I realized that it really doesn't matter how good thing I'll create, it will be simply considered bad. Very good example: PAC.
But at least you are right. No matter what i will do, everyone will consider it $hit. At least i haven't expected anything this time.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 04:23:57 PM »
What, exactly, does this do?  Does it modify the executable?  If so, I would advise against using it.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »
What, exactly, does this do?  Does it modify the executable?  If so, I would advise against using it.
It does modify execubate. I'm going to use it anyways. I don't get any warning about modified content, i know why. Pros of reversing anticheat...
I can even share instructions that are modified:
-Adress 0x42BBD7 14 bytes
-Adress 0x42BDFD 14 bytes

Those are all filled with nops by this utility.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »
To be honest i don't care what you don't want, i do care what do you want. I just found this is annoying sometimes and easy to fix (2h to do this patcher + inspect). If you find something that i can do and is useful for many people, tell me. Would be better feedback than "nobody needs that".

You say ideas and feedback are welcome, but then you say that you don't want the feedback that I gave.  You say that flaming isn't welcome, but you criticize my feedback.  The reason that I gave this feedback was to, as politely as possible, advise you that you could have put your time and effort into something more useful.  Yes you did get some experience from doing it, but in the grand scheme it doesn't really do much since there's probably a lot of players who don't open the config while going to the in game server list. 

Here's some things you can work on that will be a lot more received in the player community. 
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/
I know what you're thinking, Jitspoe won't give you the source.  However, this game is built from the Quake2 engine which is open sourced now.  You could work on getting some of these features to work in quake2 and then give the code to Jitspoe to implement, if feasible, into DP. 

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
You say ideas and feedback are welcome, but then you say that you don't want the feedback that I gave.  You say that flaming isn't welcome, but you criticize my feedback.  The reason that I gave this feedback was to, as politely as possible, advise you that you could have put your time and effort into something more useful.  Yes you did get some experience from doing it, but in the grand scheme it doesn't really do much since there's probably a lot of players who don't open the config while going to the in game server list. 
I do want feedback. But i prefer constructive feedback.
As for your last sentence: I didn't get much experience from that, really. I did it simply because when i switch servers and someone says something before i switch it's usually lost thanks to pinging spam.

Here's some things you can work on that will be a lot more received in the player community. 
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/
I know what you're thinking, Jitspoe won't give you the source.  However, this game is built from the Quake2 engine which is open sourced now.  You could work on getting some of these features to work in quake2 and then give the code to Jitspoe to implement, if feasible, into DP. 
Paintball2 source is partially published. The problems are: 1:i don't know C/C++. 2:Jitspoe told me once that time he spend adding improvements of others is longer than implementing this feature by himself. 3:How do i test features i add? Do you know how many tires are needed for even tool simple as patcher to work? I have to debug it few times, check if everything works. And it isn't possible with key systems (gamex86.dll)
I used to like idea of modifying game itself. But Jitspoe really doesn't seem to care about others, and isn't giving any help with it at all. Jitspoe doesn't trust anyone so how could anyone work on features with him? It isn't possible.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »
I do want feedback. But i prefer constructive feedback.
As for your last sentence: I didn't get much experience from that, really. I did it simply because when i switch servers and someone says something before i switch it's usually lost thanks to pinging spam.
Paintball2 source is partially published. The problems are: 1:i don't know C/C++. 2:Jitspoe told me once that time he spend adding improvements of others is longer than implementing this feature by himself. 3:How do i test features i add? Do you know how many tires are needed for even tool simple as patcher to work? I have to debug it few times, check if everything works. And it isn't possible with key systems (gamex86.dll)
I used to like idea of modifying game itself. But Jitspoe really doesn't seem to care about others, and isn't giving any help with it at all. Jitspoe doesn't trust anyone so how could anyone work on features with him? It isn't possible.

In my opinion it was constructive.  Just because you didn't want to hear that doesn't mean its not constructive criticism. 

So you don't know C/C++, start learning.  It will only make you a better programmer, and a much better one at that.  Higher level programming languages are a lot easier to learn so doing ones like C, C++, assembly, etc. will greatly increase your skills.

I know a bit of coding myself, so yes I know how many tires it takes to do a patcher and how tedious it is to do debugging.  I also know that there's a huge amount of example code out there to work with.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »
In my opinion it was constructive.  Just because you didn't want to hear that doesn't mean its not constructive criticism.
This time it was.

So you don't know C/C++, start learning.  It will only make you a better programmer, and a much better one at that.  Higher level programming languages are a lot easier to learn so doing ones like C, C++, assembly, etc. will greatly increase your skills.
I don't get your point. Higher level programming languages like C/C++? I use delphi, it's at same programing abstraction level. And i do know assembly, how could i otherwise get addresses to patcher and RE Jits anticheat?
I don't see point of learning C for now. I even got C++ book and so? I still can't find task that would require C++ and Delphi wouldn't fit. I'm able to read C code. I think that if i would like to code in C i would be able to do that without any major issues.

I know a bit of coding myself, so yes I know how many tires it takes to do a patcher and how tedious it is to do debugging.  I also know that there's a huge amount of example code out there to work with.
If you know a bit of programming maybe you should help? It's usually easier to tell others what to do.

Let's assume i know C/C++. Do you think that then Jitspoe PMs me to help him doing something? For sure!
I have no idea why do you assume you have to change me. I think you should rather try to change Jitspoes thinking theres hacker everywhere which tries to steal his source to make ZGH2.
For now it works like that: Somebody sends Jitspoe source. Jitspoe adds this source, which takes longer than creating it from scratch. Jitspoe then tests this code. In the end Jitspoe wastes more time adding "help" others made. What is point of this? It is wasting time of both independent developers and Jitspoe.

PS. I have no idea how i missed your post for hour. Probably just too late...
PS2. Probably this post makes no sense at all. This is what happens when i try to post at ~3:00.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
Just because you don't get a warning doesn't mean a cheat or modification isn't detected.  This seems like such a trivial feature to risk getting banned over.  I've cut you some slack because I trust that you're trying to make improvements, but you shouldn't press your luck.  If it bugs you that much, I've "fixed" this for the next release.

Re: your concerns.

The changes you've made are all in the open source.
1: You don't really have to know C++ to make the changes you've made.  You're just disabling some prints.  Language differences are mostly just syntax and keyword changes, anyway.
2: This is probably one of those cases - took less time to make the change than to write this forum response.
3: You can test stuff off line or with bots.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 07:10:50 PM »
This time it was.
I don't get your point. Higher level programming languages like C/C++? I use delphi, it's at same programing abstraction level. And i do know assembly, how could i otherwise get addresses to patcher and RE Jits anticheat?
I don't see point of learning C for now. I even got C++ book and so? I still can't find task that would require C++ and Delphi wouldn't fit. I'm able to read C code. I think that if i would like to code in C i would be able to do that without any major issues.
If you know a bit of programming maybe you should help? It's usually easier to tell others what to do.

Let's assume i know C/C++. Do you think that then Jitspoe PMs me to help him doing something? For sure!
I have no idea why do you assume you have to change me. I think you should rather try to change Jitspoes thinking theres hacker everywhere which tries to steal his source to make ZGH2.
For now it works like that: Somebody sends Jitspoe source. Jitspoe adds this source, which takes longer than creating it from scratch. Jitspoe then tests this code. In the end Jitspoe wastes more time adding "help" others made. What is point of this? It is wasting time of both independent developers and Jitspoe.

PS. I have no idea how i missed your post for hour. Probably just too late...
PS2. Probably this post makes no sense at all. This is what happens when i try to post at ~3:00.

I'm working on building my own game instead of improving this one.

Higher level languages meaning ones like C#.

There are a lot of people constantly trying to hack.  There's a reason he doesn't give the source out.  Enough hacks are made without having it.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 05:09:18 AM »
Just because you don't get a warning doesn't mean a cheat or modification isn't detected.  This seems like such a trivial feature to risk getting banned over.  I've cut you some slack because I trust that you're trying to make improvements, but you shouldn't press your luck.  If it bugs you that much, I've "fixed" this for the next release.
Isn't that important, however i found this very easy to fix. In assembler too.
If i get banned i can simply modify your anticheat hardware detection system to produce wrong results. It's also possible to easily intercept packets (thanks for nice kick messages that help debugging).

The changes you've made are all in the open source.
1: You don't really have to know C++ to make the changes you've made.  You're just disabling some prints.  Language differences are mostly just syntax and keyword changes, anyway.
But i need to: 1. Find those prints in source. 2. Have C++ compiler (VS?) . As i got much knowledge about VS generated assembler i found it will be easier for me to find interesting prints with IDA and then replace them with very simple program (i have PE manipulation library written for PAC protector).
Key code is simple as that:
Code: [Select]
procedure ReplaceWithNop(adr:integer;startbyt:array of byte;len:word);
var
  p:TPePointer;
  buf:array of byte;
begin
  p:=TPePointer.Create(pe,pointer(adr),true);
  setlength(buf,len);
  p.ReadBuffer(buf[0],length(startbyt),false);
  if CompareByte(buf[0],startbyt[0],length(startbyt))<>0 then raise exception.Create('Instruction at '+inttostr(adr)+' is modified');
  fillchar(buf[0],len,$90);
  p.WriteBuffer(buf[0],len,false);
  p.Free;
end;
ReplaceWithNop($42BBD7,[$50,$68,$98,$99,$48,$00,$E8,$EE,$B7,$FD,$FF,$83,$C4,$08],14);
ReplaceWithNop($42BDFD,[$50,$68,$54,$DA,$48,$00,$E8,$C8,$B5,$FD,$FF,$83,$C4,$0C],14);
2: This is probably one of those cases - took less time to make the change than to write this forum response.
3: You can test stuff off line or with bots.
2. Modification in my case didn't took too much time too. Maybe in future I'll go for some more complicated modifications.
3. I always do. But this patch is made to improve game experience, not to test stuff.

I'm working on building my own game instead of improving this one.

Higher level languages meaning ones like C#.
C/C++ is high level language, not 'higher'. I assume higher: Java, C# etc.

There are a lot of people constantly trying to hack.  There's a reason he doesn't give the source out.  Enough hacks are made without having it.
I understand that he doesn't want everyone to have source, but i don't think that help at all. I made my Wallhack without source, just RE anticheat and game libraries. No protections are made at all both to game libraries and anticheat. I've even proposed Jitspoe my protector i made for PAC, but i haven't got any answer.

If Jitspoe wants to prevent hackers from cheating he should protect anticheat more. I believe he simply compiles source. Compilation of PAC involves modified compiler, source code obfuscator, protector and packer.
Then we can have opensourced game with protected anticheat. Most cheaters are stupid anyway but Jitspoe wants them to cheat and then get banned rather than just preventing cheating (see also: PAC antiinjection system that prevents many speedhacks/wallhacks and Jits response).

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 01:52:35 AM »
Better than a microsoft patch.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 09:55:54 AM »
payl, could you please stop explaining what you do? The hints you give are huge, and if I had any interest in programming and cheating in multiplayer games, your comments would motivate me to invest time in doing that. IF you gave no information at all, that wouldn't happen because you wouldn't actually make the tedious "where the hell do I start?" process any easier.

Also, don't say a word about jitspoe's cheat detection either. Nothing good comes out of it.

daedfroggy

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 10:31:51 AM »
payl, could you please stop explaining what you do? The hints you give are huge, and if I had any interest in programming and cheating in multiplayer games, your comments would motivate me to invest time in doing that. IF you gave no information at all, that wouldn't happen because you wouldn't actually make the tedious "where the hell do I start?" process any easier.

Also, don't say a word about jitspoe's cheat detection either. Nothing good comes out of it.
So should i send cheating instructions to people privately? No problem. </joke>
Well, Jitspoe doesn't really seem to be interested in those information so why can't i publish those. I understand your point, but it depends if I'm still in interested in helping or maybe i want to ruin. No clear idea now.

(NVM my special nick, trolling is fun. Sorry Jitspoe if you thought that range ban stop me).

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »

If nobody wanted to learn about cheating, there would not be any use for PAC. Think about it...