Author Topic: Why haven't YOU played much recently? What would make you play more?  (Read 43649 times)

deadfroggy

• Autococker
Re: Why haven't YOU played much recently? What would make you play more?
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2013, 05:35:40 PM »
Well after abit of time sitting a normal pub with normal respawn times maps etc. people usually connect after a little then another person they do this because of two things
1. theres someone on the server
2. or they are sick of another server
if there was a better way to get people into a server that dont know how to use irc and stuff i think it make alot more people on.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »
oh yeah, my idea was..... Put a mirc like chat thingy in game so that people can communicate better, it would make this  game grow immensely. i know i wasnt the first person with this idea, so you don't gotta troll me about this rick.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »
oh yeah, my idea was..... Put a mirc like chat thingy in game so that people can communicate better, it would make this  game grow immensely. i know i wasnt the first person with this idea, so you don't gotta troll me about this rick.

this

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2013, 09:41:33 AM »
I play League of Legends because I can get a competitive game within seconds. The "solo/duo" ranked games, where you're achieving something by winning, or even better team ranked games + setting up scrims with other teams. There's always something competitive. There are also huge tournaments every weekend that any team can enter, and being in a team that has won money from that game it just provides incentive to improve. That's something DP can't grow to, however, but the concept is what would make me play more.

I enjoy competitiveness. It's a long shot to just have the IRC community back and matching daily, that wont happen. So it needs to start with pubs. We need pubs like Superman's Pub active again. Pubs that were actually fun to play in, and you'd enjoy staying 2-3-4-5 maps before getting bored. There was some competition, there were good maps, people spoke english. It was actually possible to recruit some people into your teams. The competitive scene can rebuild itself if we have people who speak english on real servers - so we can recruit. But again, this has been talked about for a while and nothing really can be done about newbies preferring low spawn times.

If somehow we managed to get real pubs played, with good PUB-maps, then stuff like in game IRC-like chat would be cool. But the foundation isn't set for that right now.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2013, 09:53:24 AM »
A PUG system would be awesome, I know someone hasd one before through IRC but that would be great for me. Kinda like in CS:GO you search for a game and you're put into a queue until 9 other people get matched up and everyone says they're ready.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
Last 2 sentences of MyeRs are great! Thats what we need.

#MyeRs#cute#yolo#swag#notasslicking

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2013, 02:43:38 PM »
but where the stat system at

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2013, 03:35:19 PM »
As a player who has played paintball on and off for a good 5 years, i know that if you cant find anyone to play against (competitively) it gets boring

I know people have been talking about a chat feature, but even if it was something simpler, like on dplogin being able to view whos online/away/offline. What server they're in or maybe even the option to send a direct message (i.e. written or "invite to server" that might appear in the game itself?!??.)

I dont want it to turn into a facebook type thing, but i think maybe the ability to add people as friends (even if not in your clan)
Then eventually if that is successful the possiblity of a separate chat system in the game itself.

Because right now people use skype, irc, facebook etc. all of these methods of chatting. Would be better to have a centralised version longer term.

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2013, 03:39:16 PM »
I've just realised ive been away for so long that there is a  chat feature on the dp site, but i still think the ability to have a list on online players/server is good.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2013, 09:05:23 PM »
What this game needs is the following:
1)good TuT(forced) and properly done, the one that exist isn't the best:/

2)In-game chat with friends list this is most likely the best way to keep players in contact with each other. Use player id-common name used

3)better/fixed amount of maps, this will help new players because new players will know the maps better due to repetittion and this will enhance gameplay for everyone because now the new player knows how to play that map, and not have to learn a new map every round, includes the matching scene

4)auto/better stat system, although I started a thread about it, it turned into a flame thread

5)better graphics, this game does need better graphics, because better graphics=looking more new gen therefore attracting new generations players

6)ADVERTISING!!! Use social media, much more effective, and much cheaper

7)distribution of power, this game only consist of one man who has almost absolute power, which maybe a good thing depending on situations but usually not the best way. Jitspoe has to give other individuals power, doesn't mean show all the secrets of the game and ban system that he's so paranoid about, heck you don't even need to show the ban system to anyone. I know there is a thing called committee but nowadays it almost doesn't exist maybe a new and more active committe would help.

8)I am going to say this but I know people are going to say " oh he said that so he can get unbanned" it really does not matter to me, if I want to play this game, trust me I can, plus I pretty sure none of these will come into place. Anyway so #8: better ban system as in a better "ban hammer", the current ban hammer is driving players away rather then punishing, a ban does not mean "GTFO" for this is the wrong definition of a ban. The ban hammer should be doing the following-consistent, no bias, and keep the player in the game and not drive them off. If these are followed then the game shall prosper, if someone gets a ban for 1000+ days and someone else who did the same thing gets the ban for 200+ days, really does more harm then good(consistency is MUCH better which ATM it lacks in the current ban hammer). No bias is once again a better thing, because there have been cases were emotions were taking over then the rules and that did not turn out well, so please keep emotions out of banning process. LoL bans players Acc, which is more valuable to the players and it punishes the players due to the acc's valubility, and it also does not drive the players away/out of the game, sure the player might be pissed of but what if they want to comeback, then they start of fresh and work there way up.

9)re-design the website, needs more colour, ATM it looks bad:/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:22:46 AM by Toxiic »

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2013, 09:25:42 PM »
Toxiic, the only thing you should be putting on this thread is

"why havent i played much lately? Because I'm banned."

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2013, 09:41:41 PM »
fox shush, i'd rather him in the community than you.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2013, 04:41:03 AM »
At the 5th thing toxiic said. I found out if you can get the textures and stuff at the right size its shows 2x more higher quality...

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »
Chem, do you even play? I don't, so I'm not even part of the community. All I know is, Toxiic got his ban that he deserves, evades, and posts excrement that he copy and pastes off the internet.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »
1)good TuT(forced) and properly done, the one that exist isn't the best:/

It should start each time with the game until you run through the door at the end. It shows the basics, why isn't that good? What should be changed?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2013, 09:46:46 AM »
Toxiic, the only thing you should be putting on this thread is

"why havent i played much lately? Because I'm banned."

+1

Made me laugh.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2013, 09:59:20 AM »
It should start each time with the game until you run through the door at the end. It shows the basics, why isn't that good? What should be changed?
Well the problem with the first one is that it's based on movement and then you get the "pop-up" sign that explains what the player needs to do, do I have to explain why this is problematic? If someone starts the TuT the first thing they do is move around and if they move around to much then the player will get those pop-ups(alot of them), which is really annoying, now to fix this, the best solution would be from COD MW2: the first mission in MW2, it's literally the best tut IMO, the player is forced to stay at one station do everything right and then is allowed to go on further to the next place. Adding audio TuT would help TuT as well. Yes the current TuT is decent but needs improvement for maximum help to a new player.

@foxhound- lol theirs a new one I lol'd @ "posts excrement that he copy and pastes off the internet."

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2013, 10:23:47 AM »
@foxhound- lol theirs a new one I lol'd @ "posts excrement that he copy and pastes off the internet."

Sorry cap0ne, but school is a place of education, and knowladge=light. Although I heard that the American education system is excrement. Now to get on topic, dajjal simply means deciever, and that is what most people are under, decisive reality. Reality as we speck can be altered by the peoples thought, speech, and power, it is a means of false reality, a fabric of time that is turn into a reality. That reality is then used to implement a system where people start to be decieved by it. A reality where people start to question themselves "to be or not to be", this false system is known as the NWO. What is the New World Order? Was the world never in order when this concept came about? Of course that is what people were starting to believe. But how did this system come about? Well that is were the "illuminati" comes in play, a society within a society, a soceity where only a few men are chosen. Illuminati is real; it exist, but it is dajjal itself. Illuminati's first appearance came when there was the French revolution, the French revolution was presived to be a "good thing" by most people, but that is when the world saw the deadliest form of control which was totalirisim. People where spying on each other; if they are against the system or with it, without even realizing that this is exactly what was wanted by the leaders of The French revolution, and because of this an endless genocidic onslaught was occurring, inorder to permanently implement a system. The leader of this revolution started drowning in power, and eventually made his own religion, and made people worship him, people were descived in to thinking they were getting democracy, but only got the opposite. That is what illuminati is...

Further on, the thematic conclusion of such a society is the every essence of precetion of reality becoming the desipection, twisting and tempering with history and knowledge, an inevitable event that has been portraited by the such an demoralizing history of the illuminati. So how do we know that we are living is reality and not some fake system implement by the illuminati? This question has been asked for decades and will be asked for decades as well. The only way to answer such a question is by question reality itself, for example: is the color red the same as presived by someone else? Questions like these will allow humans to evolve, and allow us to obtain evolutionary usage of our brain, tha we only use the lowest capacity, it will allow humans to quantize the definition of reality and separate it from the false terminology. The illuminati has found a flaw. The flaw is that if you can control the definition of terms, then you can control how people think, read, and write. This complexion has allowed alot of people confused, there even has been movies about presiving reality. Lucky for us there is a law in nature which states: an force that is acted will have an opposing force that will act on it. From this natural law we can conclude an other law had been created from that previous law called the law of equilibrium. These laws that exist in nature can have the same effect on everything, so if the illuminati does create an false reality then a opposing force will act on it, so the universe can stay in equalilbrium, almost like a "auto-correct" design for equality, and pure justice that in unbiased done by a natural process.

The illuminate has reached in influencing power across the globe, the idea of "money talks" has overpowered the idea of "sharing is caring". Societies are more and more willing to be overwhlemed by such ideas so easily, which had been used for decades? No, it is the illuminati that had illuminated reality and control. An illusion that has been placed down upon our society, where people's greed is more intrusive then sharing. One of modern illuminati followers was walt desiney. He was a man who loved altering reality, he was a conspired man, his bloodlines has yet to be discovered, and theories are that he was related to a known man, bush. The era that we livening has and is going to be altered to better meet the illuminati's standards, but how can one define standards? It is by the means of total control, without even knowing. It has also said that illuminati has irdicated the original history and made it "his-story", one day historian's will be talking about Cinderella, and unfortunatly that will be labeled as history. Illmuminati, will become the source, the eye of the world, and will Br only one eye, because illuminati wants a total control. Dramatically inducement of such an effect will cause an exponentional amount of questioning done by people, where people are just purely seeking the truth. That is the power of illuminati.

How can one even define reality when all it is just based on a atomic scale, we are all under the illusion of the illuminati and how they have places it upon us. The illuminati has to get across hidden messages from time to time, they do this through rappers. Rapping use to be about politics and life, and now all it is about is money, power. See how illuminati are illusionists? The have completely iridicated the sense of "ture rap" from society. Of course there are people who find a way out of this illusion placed upon the victim, an example of this was Micheal Jackson, how can someone like him that dances, which requires a alot of physical fitness die from a heart attack? That is what I questioned myself, and later on society found out that it was his doctors fault that caused the death of Micheal Jackson. There are many examples of this situation, Tupac was one of them as well, when a member of illuminati try's back out, he/she is simplely "removed". That is how the illuminati works, because of one goal they have the means of economic power. Most members of scoiety can't coupe these fact and try not to comprehend such comprehensive "facts", or maybe people just don't get it. Illuminati exist, their existence is corrupt. They corrupt what is known to be reality into false reality, through these means they have the ability to bribe people.

Concluding these illusionist aka illuminati, that had illuminated society to comprehend what they want society to comprehend, all by the means of "true power", they will not stop till they have achieved this power, and they will do this without most to all people not knowing that they are thinking, reading , believeing, and writing the way that was wanted by the illuminati. That will become reality, all false and this may lead to a society that is ferocious. Almost hypnotic, as if these leaders of illuminati are hypnotherapists, such hypocrisy done by such idiosyncrasy. The illuminati will spread like and epidemic and will attack those who are immunodeficient, and the next think they know, there under the illusion of the illuminati, this will be an incessant situation. This is how the illuminati works and operates within society, they have been doing this for years. Illuminati has made the every essence of reality into fake and fake into real, and people will continue to ask themselves "to be or not to be" and continue to have an infinite amount of questions, in a finite capacity of the human brain.

What version(build) digital paint are you running? You may need to update digital paint: go to Dplogin.com->downloads->update to the newest bulid which should be the first file link.

One more question what is the name of your ISP, because there could have been a change in "routing". "routing" means how the information is traveled to a different server, so in your case it could be that the ISP changed the "routing" and now it takes longer for the information to be sent/received (which is what pings are) to a particular area, server, company, and or IP. The change in routing is usually done to decrease "pings" in a particular area, server, company, and or IP, but done at a cost to other places, which then those places have an increase in "pings". An example of this was done by Telus, an ISP, and people who had Telus had crazy pings, like yours.

There might have been something else that may had happened, the "new modem"  maybe is not as powerfull as the "old modem" and therefore less distribution of speed that is provided by the ISP. Or there maybe an update(s) you need to install on your computer. Or you may need to check if some one is using that "Internet speed" (which is the speed provided by the ISP), parents/sibillings that maybe downloading files,etc... Or the ISP is not providing you with the "internet speed" that you ordered for, if you know your "internet speed" then go to www.speedtest.com, this will tell you what speed you are getting. If you dont know your "internet speed" then call your ISP. And if things don't match then tell them that you are not receiving the "Internet speed" that you had signed up for, and therefore your ISP might be breaking the contract. If all else fails, then tell whoever that changed your modem/router to bring back the same router that you had or a new one, and try dpb2

We all know you can't even form proper English sentences... these are just a few examples of what I'm talking about when I say "copy and paste excrement".

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
i was being half sarcastic ; ), and i can't play i've been in van for 4 weeks now