Author Topic: Hey, I'm New To Paintball2  (Read 2563 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Hey, I'm New To Paintball2
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:47:08 PM »
Hello there fellow paintballers

Today, I signed up for the forum as I really wanted to get involved more with the community. I joined this game and created an account about a month or two ago, you may of seen me mainly on either DcN Sever, Jump Maps or Crack The Speed/Public.

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself here. I've been on a few forums in the past and by looking at some of the previous posts here - You peeps seem like a great community! My name is rather long, so you can call me 'JMR' for short, if you wish.

I really enjoy this game, when I joined my reaction summed up in words was basically. "Woah, this is very realistic, wait how did that guy run/jump so fast and high?". I have to say, the reason I like this game so much is not only because of the detail in the game, but the originality of it. I love how you strafe, trick-jump, circle-jump etc to get to different places, take shortcuts or generally become better at the game by outrunning your opponents. At first I could not do it at all. I remember being at the map 'prolandr' and not being able to jump through the hoop! As time passed by, I'd try to learn, I'd switch to observer and keep close eye on the technique. I tried to ask people in game, but no one could really see my message because the box was flooded with ""__insert_name_here__ Was Eleminated" Haha. Anyway, once I figured out how to do it, it was hours and days of practice at one of my favorite maps - Italy.

The may 'Italy' is very good for newbies, it covers both long-range and close-combat situations as well as good tricks available for the pro's. I probably spent 80% of my time since I joined playing DcN Italy! Since I got better I decided to try out other maps. - Since then I really just went on the speed severs and went on any map I could find. I wouldn't call myself a 'pro' at all, intact I'm probably at 'newbie' stage, I have much to learn. My weakest point for now is probably fast-reaction aiming. I find it hard to turn fast and aim at the same time, so if you see me failing at close combat maps, you know why haha. I'm decent at jumping and strafing and have masted all the jumps at prolandr and Italy. So basically, I'm on my way, enjoying the game and wanting to discover more and learn more. So here I am, JMR, introducing myself to the community here si a big HELLO to everyone!

Okay this is getting quite longer than I wanted it to be so I do apologize for dragging on. I hope I've made myself clear on what level I'm at (newbie) and what I want to achieve here (learn and communicate more with others).

So that's it from me,
Cheers if you read it all!

On a side note, I don't understand what the OTB severs are, and why they are password protected. Could someone explain that to me? Cheers!

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
Re: Hey, I'm New To Paintball2
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:12:38 PM »
Welcome to the forums!!! Hard to find new faces around here. those OTB passwords are for private servers so people can host matches. A match is where 2 teams usually 3v3 face off against each other without random no-names joining the server. It's for competitive play.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
Hi, you can also use the password protected servers if you want to learn or test something. Lease them at: http://www.otb-server.de (or .com, whatever you like).

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »
Welcome to the forums!!! Hard to find new faces around here. those OTB passwords are for private servers so people can host matches. A match is where 2 teams usually 3v3 face off against each other without random no-names joining the server. It's for competitive play.

Thanks for the welcome! :)
I am competitive, any chance of me being in a match at all?

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »

Cheers
Hi, you can also use the password protected servers if you want to learn or test something. Lease them at: http://www.otb-server.de (or .com, whatever you like).

Hey, cheers! :)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
If you would download IRC you might have a chance for someone to help you get into the matching scene. I dont have a download link but it should be somewhere on the forums. Where are you located? NA? EU?

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »
If you would download IRC you might have a chance for someone to help you get into the matching scene. I dont have a download link but it should be somewhere on the forums. Where are you located? NA? EU?

Okay, I'll try to get IRC tomorrow, for today I have to go now. I'm located in the EU. Thanks  for your help :)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »
Found it, good luck with getting integrated will take a while!!

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15445.0

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »
Wow... looking back. I want to thank Robin for introducing the concept of matches to me for the first time. This is how I have gotten """""good"""" in such a short space of time, only played like a month of speed servers.

Just wanted to take this time to thank all of you who have been there, supporting me and helping me.
WOW MAN STOP TR0LLING by ReViVinG this ThReAD!!! ;) jk. But yes, thank you every much. You having been helping this game out for more then players who have been here for ages. Honsetly , keep up the good work :)