Author Topic: Huh?!  (Read 3639 times)

MarawaNa

• VM-68
Huh?!
« on: October 12, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »
Hi, ok so i rebooted my pc a couple days ago, i didn't do this on purpose but it happened. Which means i lost everything and started from factory settings. I finally got everything back that i lost/needed. So i go on paintball2 and i've been downloading whilst playing so i understood why i was having lag issues, but once everything was finished i went back to it and my netgraph is showing as you see below. a lag spike nearly every 3 seconds. Is there something i've forgotten to do since i got back to my pc?

Everything was fine a week ago.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Huh?!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:59:05 AM »
NIC drivers maybe?

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »
There was a driver update available, but would downloading that make that much of a difference?

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
Try it and see.  Only other thing I could thing of that would cause this is maybe some QOS settings on your router.

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »
But its not like i've done anything to my router since i rebooted, all i did was redownload paintball and im getting hit with serious spikes which weren't there a couple days ago lol

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:12:35 AM »
I thought you said you reformatted it?  Reinstalled windows?  That would mean all your drivers need to be reinstalled.  If you haven't made any changes to your router it probably isn't the cause. 

Update NIC drivers.

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »
i restored my computer to factory settings, as in i needed to insert the introduction disk to get my computer back up and running, i lost everything, foolish mistake, and yeah i installed my nvidia drivers again, and theres another update that im installing as we speak, i just didn't think installing a driver update would solve the spike lags. I thought black lines were connection issues lol

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »
Do you know what a NIC is? Network Interface Card (In other words:  The thing that makes your internet go.)  Best way to see if you are missing drivers is to open device manager and look for any red or yellow warning signs.

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
Sorry about this waste of a post lol, turns out the update did infact resolve it. Still amazes me that a simple update does that, oh well thanks again Superman

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
Sorry about this waste of a post lol, turns out the update did infact resolve it. Still amazes me that a simple update does that, oh well thanks again Superman

No problem, glad you got it working.

A bit of information:   A driver is just some software that tells the hardware how to work.  So if any of your hardware is missing its driver there will almost always be problems. 

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
If you're on wireless make sure windows z config is turned off.

Just realized you figured it out anyways.  But for anyone else's benefit, it searches for more available networks every so often.

Chemical's the size of a piano.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »
ty for the compliment