Author Topic: Digital Paint Clans - Past Stories, Past Memories, Share them here!  (Read 15106 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Message removed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:05:46 PM by JMR »

shep

• VM-68
Re: Digital Paint Clans - Past Stories, Past Memories, Share them here!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 06:53:59 AM »
#ballers [ b ] won the unrated USA tourney! YEah BOIII

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 06:58:15 AM »
Message removed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:05:23 PM by JMR »

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:28:29 AM »
#inner_sanctun -]Sanc[- has never lost against #ballers [ b ]. YEah BOIII

edit-- I remember the first clan i was in was called [Sp33d] It was me impsy and some other kids. We really never matched, but ohh well.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:54:47 AM »
Message removed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:05:06 PM by JMR »

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 08:58:16 AM »
I wasn't good enough for pbcups when i first started, but they looked pretty extreme. -)MeMi(- [CC] Qehs .iJ. #cONF---(full of hackers) i don't remember everything, but clans where more important back then.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
Message removed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:14:17 PM by JMR »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »
I think royalblood made a site that listed all the DP clans ever at some point. I wonder where that is.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
I joined er33t juniors when I first downloaded the game. They just found a bunch of newbies, including myself, on random pubs and got us set up with IRC, taught us how to strafe jump, voice-recon, etc. + we got to watch experienced players and play in a few matches without worrying about people raging at us :D.

Although I was a noob, that training clan made the game ridiculously fun for me, but shortly after it ended, the game pretty much died lol.(I'm sure it was already declining when I started, but I didn't really notice until a few months after I joined a real clan.)

i was too late to da partay :(

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 03:57:17 PM »
.Ij-T. ---- FREE Br55HiT

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »
Going way back to Quake 1 Paintball, we had Splat! (Calrathan, the other big developer, was in this one, as well as Nutiket, who helped out with some web stuff) and Gotcha! (I was in this one).  Splat! basically became Smurf for Paintball 2.  I can't remember what happened to Gotcha!  I was in Clan Prozak in the fairly early days of Paintball 2, I think.  It would fade in and out of activity, and any time 'cid would start it back up and ask if I'd join, I'd say, "I never left."  Clipz recently started it back up again, so, naturally, I joined.

At one point in the interim, I was in xb (crossbones), but I don't think that clan stuck around long, or at least not long after I joined it.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 07:09:33 PM »
First clan I joined was AA Alcoholic Anonymous. All the players have moved on. DoMiNaToR, HornDog, 22, [2bit], and Monkey are the few I can remember then I joined Clan Prozak. cP died I created TnL Thunder N Lightning which was a top clan with er33t at the time. TnL died, Back to prozak (Again). cP tailed off and I went to [CC] College Court with crash. I went inactive for years to now return to Clan Prozak (3rd times a charm!)

I'm sure there are many clans not listed that I have forgotten.

The memories from back then that I miss today are the competition and the 4v4-6v6 matches. Most clans today have 4-8 people in them. People think that is plenty but back in the day cP had to of had between 20-30 members. I also remember we would be doing a 3v3 and then match another clan with 3's and 4's, today thats just not heard of.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 09:37:19 PM »
All my clans that I had a good time in: ThC, Apoboc, StrategiK vENDEttA, StRaTeGiK InSoMnIaKs, coldFusion, Team Redemption, Silence, Counter Attack, We are the R!ot, Psycho Ballers, TeaM Ac!d, eNviouS, Insane Junction, Legend, 8th Wonder, New Breed, High Voltage, Graffiti-Taggerz, Vanquish, Most Valuable Players, Insane Murderers, Light Speed, PuRe AdReNaLiNe, Apoboc Trainees, Apoboc, Team Cash, NiGHTMaRe, absurD vENDEttA, insane, Silence, College Court, DR34M Team, Team FR4G, Mate, Success, I Told Y'all, Czech Legends, Wana Be, UN1T3D R@P1NG A$SOCIATION IN TRAINING, UNDERSTANDABLY RENAMED ASSOCIATION, Almost Ninja,  eMazing Gamers, Jumping is not a Crime, We Shock Your System, SkillZ, U DONT SCARE ME, Danger ZONE, Deadly massacre anapoles*, Yummy Undercut Pears, outrageous animals:D, PISTOLS, Money Power Respect, #Team eMk, I Told Y'all, Aces or Faces, Prestige on You, eNviouS, Don't Cry Baby, Retro Ballers, Red Star Mafia, #team Yoz, Percise Aim, QidanLight, Zaltekk [X] Team, Xenthos, Elite League Of Gamer, The Core

Best times where in  [cF] the backbone of digitalpaintball after the GLS and Goooooood times in [nB] the best clan in digital paintball history, and some good times in >LeG< with robbinhood and l!nK and good times in [GT] with my [GT] crew. I remember when silence and insane where there and when alot of us got blamed for hacking(HaCKuSaTiOnZ). Great Times
with ma Ballers CuZ

My family use to move alot, I've lived in America-England-Canada
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:09:11 PM by Toxiic »

shep

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »
GG L!nk

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 10:55:09 PM »
Link sucks.

Best time for me was when s2k and Ride were around. s2k was the best clan I've ever been in, it was literally just for fun. Henry, Cam, Xena, rx7punk, vcw etc, beat guys I know.

BUT NUB WAS COOLEST.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:31:38 AM by Rick »

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 11:45:12 PM »
 I played for a long time  before I learned of and joined my first clan.

[InT]raining - My first clan where I learned how to jump and shoot and everything... Probably the largest training network there was for DP.

[CC] - I went straight from InT to CC.  I went from a training clan to the top clan, so my learning was never stunted. I remember everyone raged at the time when I got in, cuz they were so jealous and thought they should have gotten in instead of me. I watched for the longest time just to learn, and I learned that most of the time when they played, they were bored of the low competitiveness, and did random things...

[s2k] - This clan was a blast! Always goofing off. I went here after CC took a break for a while. Henrod, Rick, and others always made fun and still had skill to hold our own. At that time we were one of the top 2 clans of the time, even while fooling around, such fun... There seriously wasn't a time in matches that we weren't laughing. These clan members probably have the largest quantity of jump knowledge out there... Eventually Henrod left and we all dispersed... :(

[CC] - Clans eventually shrank, so CC consolidated back together. Now we just come on randomly to play this fun old game and look for something competitive. All the decent clans are gone, so CC is pretty much the only marker on what the top skill level is of now and the past. Sometimes now we even hint when playing other clans on what they do wrong and why they lose, hoping that they'll get better to play against.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »
Message removed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:03:39 PM by JMR »

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »
GG L!nk

I had deltaranger on my team. Nuf said.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »
with robbinhood and l!nK

he must think I'm two different people.. haha

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »
I think royalblood made a site that listed all the DP clans ever at some point. I wonder where that is.

http://thedomsquadproject.blogspot.com, but the link (http://theinmostlight.org/DOM/) is dead.