Author Topic: Top 5 plays of the week - League of Legends  (Read 8189 times)

Toxiic

• Autococker
Re: Top 5 plays of the week - League of Legends
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »
I guess it must be different when you're actually playing the game.  I still haven't gotten around to trying it.  From watching the videos, it just looks like a bunch of tiny cartoon toys awkwardly waddling and glitching around with excessive particle effects.
off topic please remove thanks, if u are here to troll then everything/everywhere else but league of legends posts and forums is the place to do so. Every1 can u guys report this to the admin by clicking "report to moderator" this is a insult to all the LoL players (indirectly) i and most the players who play LoL feel offended by this post. If u really wanna go that far, LoL is the top game in the world ever since that Tourney for $2 million, if u have nothing help full and useful to post then once again dp forums is the place to do it but not league of legends posts and topics. Thank you i hope u can compile with what i have just said admins. Btw nice play i like it :] The one and only DR34M TEAM is Da BeST!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:21:49 PM by Toxiic »

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 06:47:53 PM »
^Learn the English language, then try trolling...

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 09:09:57 PM »
nerdz

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »
The combination of counter strike (e), leap strike (q), ghost to get the MS needed to evade, evasion of defile (karth e), juking to dodge skillshots, and having the initiative to stop karth ult was really good. Dont just take it at face, think about what happened.

Also, I just went on and theres 5 comments on the first 2 pages saying jax played well etc.

Im clearly friends with you both, but youre making bad points to try and put down a good play.  Also, the whimsical joke is related to my new super spectacular facebook PP, its not actually about the video.

The finer points in his replay are what make it good. (capo, inboxed you)

I don't really agree with how they do elo/rankings.  I haven't looked at top 5 ranked teams in a long time, but the last time that I did there was a team that only lost once, but they were ranked lower than a team with a losing ratio just because the team with the losing ratio played more games. 

You're taking too much offense to fox's and my comments, perhaps because you have him on such a high pedestal.  I think it was a good play, but I was just saying I was more impressed by one of the other ones.  I'm not "defecating" on anyone's parade.  I even told shk congrats and that I couldn't have pulled it off myself, I suck with escapes.  I get hit by something as Nocturne and then activate my spellshield after like a stupid donkey.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 09:50:15 PM »
He didn't make a spectacular escape, the enemy team failed to kill him 2v1, 3v1, and then he clicked his mouse towards the base... The only finer point.. again, is that he stopped karth ult. oh wawow and since shk didnt die it was 2 for 0!!! big deal.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »
He didn't make a spectacular escape, the enemy team failed to kill him 2v1, 3v1, and then he clicked his mouse towards the base... The only finer point.. again, is that he stopped karth ult. oh wawow and since shk didnt die it was 2 for 0!!! big deal.
almost all of the top 5 plays are when they other team fails to do something with 1v2, 1v3, etc. and most of people wouldn't think to stun to stop karth's ult.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 10:09:38 PM »
lol, reading foxhound's post make me laugh. It's not anything to do with you posting it, it's just exactly how I thought about league plays before I started / when I was new. So I understand your points, it's just you're not knowledgeable enough to know what you're saying at all.

And Gonass - the ranking ladder system is pretty relevant of skill. It's only based off W/L ratios - and combined soloq elo of the team matters for the placement matches (so 1200's aren't playing 1800's for the first games) etc... I mean, with this game it's the only really fair way to do ratings. You can't add in KDA, since an adc will likely have the highest in most games. Doesn't imply skill, implies a role. Also, more ranked games usually means lower elo - the first 5-10 games you gain a lot more elo than 20+ games. Everyone ends up in the rating they deserve.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 10:42:50 PM »
his play meant the team failed to kil him 2v1, 3v1, not the enemies misplay (atleast not solely). and its not just about clicking a mouse, its about awareness of other peoples skills, cds, etc.

nothing to do with any pedestal, just dont appreciate parade defecation when theres nonpoints being made.

also, rick

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »
Yeah what Haider said.

also, rick

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »
can someone describe what made the play so good in great detail, since i seem to be missing the point.

also, his real name is bob.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »
lol, reading foxhound's post make me laugh. It's not anything to do with you posting it, it's just exactly how I thought about league plays before I started / when I was new. So I understand your points, it's just you're not knowledgeable enough to know what you're saying at all.

And Gonass - the ranking ladder system is pretty relevant of skill. It's only based off W/L ratios - and combined soloq elo of the team matters for the placement matches (so 1200's aren't playing 1800's for the first games) etc... I mean, with this game it's the only really fair way to do ratings. You can't add in KDA, since an adc will likely have the highest in most games. Doesn't imply skill, implies a role. Also, more ranked games usually means lower elo - the first 5-10 games you gain a lot more elo than 20+ games. Everyone ends up in the rating they deserve.

You're wrong about the ranking system unless they changed it.  I didn't say it was based off of KDA.  It's based off of how many games you play (first) and your W/L (second.)  For instance, last season there was a team that played 3000 games.  Their W/L was slightly negative, as in they lost a few more than they won.  There was another team that only played 500 games, but only lost 1 game.  The team that was 500-1 was ranked lower than the team that played 3000.  Their W/L ratio was higher, but they didn't play as many games.  It may be different this season, but the last time I checked last season, which is prob 4-5 months ago, that's how it was.  I never mentioned KDA ratios, so I don't know how you got that idea.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »
I mentioned KDA's because I was suggesting possible alternative methods to the ranking system. I wasn't sure exactly what about the ranking system you thought was bad. But it hasn't changed. So, you've just got it mistaken, you must have read it wrong.

I know for a fact it's been the same for all of season2 as it is currently for season3. I've also played in many ranked games / teams to see how it works. A 500-1 team (which doesn't exist) would be ranked far higher than a team that is around 1500-1500. Pretty sure the top rated team last season was something like 44-1 in ranked5s. 500-1 would be over 4k elo, and I believe the highest ranked5s team was under 2k elo last season. So your numbers are way off. But elo is an accurate representation of skill. That's why the way the ranking system works is good. It's all W/L based.

The way it works, is ealier games mean more to your elo than later games - but regardless a loss and a win remove/add the same amount of elo to your rank. So, seeing as the typical player/team starts at 1250 elo, it subtracts/add to that. The number gained/lost decreases the more games you played. I believe at the start you gain/lose around 50, and after 50ish games you start only changing 10 elo per win/loss.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
it goes from 40-50 for your first 10 games down to 30-40, 20-30, 10-20 then eventually around 10 until around the 50th game, its a steady decrease.

Spawn

• PGP
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 02:14:57 PM »
why the eff are we talking about LoL on DIGITAL PAINTBALL? does lol not have fourms you jewbies

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »
why the eff are we talking about LoL on DIGITAL PAINTBALL? does lol not have fourms you jewbies

It's in the "other section". And because We're apart of Dp. We're a multi-gaming organization. We get paid based off of things like this. Not necessarily, hourly. Although, when we go to tournaments and play in tournaments, we get our funds, that way too.

DR34M-TEAM. intercourse YO LIFE. intercourseIN cigaretteZ

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »

CuZ we can

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »
I mentioned KDA's because I was suggesting possible alternative methods to the ranking system. I wasn't sure exactly what about the ranking system you thought was bad. But it hasn't changed. So, you've just got it mistaken, you must have read it wrong.

I know for a fact it's been the same for all of season2 as it is currently for season3. I've also played in many ranked games / teams to see how it works. A 500-1 team (which doesn't exist) would be ranked far higher than a team that is around 1500-1500. Pretty sure the top rated team last season was something like 44-1 in ranked5s. 500-1 would be over 4k elo, and I believe the highest ranked5s team was under 2k elo last season. So your numbers are way off. But elo is an accurate representation of skill. That's why the way the ranking system works is good. It's all W/L based.

The way it works, is ealier games mean more to your elo than later games - but regardless a loss and a win remove/add the same amount of elo to your rank. So, seeing as the typical player/team starts at 1250 elo, it subtracts/add to that. The number gained/lost decreases the more games you played. I believe at the start you gain/lose around 50, and after 50ish games you start only changing 10 elo per win/loss.

It did at one point.  Scores are reset because its season 3.  Look at this.  http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/ladders

Theres a team thats 10-0 ranked lower than a 10-2 and another 10-0 above the 10-2.  How is that solely based off of W/L ratios?

Look at this.
http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/ladders/na/current/ranked_team_5x5

There's an 11-2 ranked lower than an 11-5.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2012, 07:51:40 PM »
No there was never a 500-1 team ever. Just getting that out of the way.

Secondly, (I swear I already mentioned this) but when you start ranked you start around your teams combined solo queue elo. (Ie, if my teams around 1200 elo, my first 0-0 game wont be against a 2000 average elo team) -- So, if I go 5-0, and a 2000 elo team goes 5-0, we wont be together - they'll likely be around 1700, while I'd be around 1400. Because you start around your teams solo queue elo, being a lower elo will take more wins to get a higher elo. But, after like 50 games, a team with significantly more wins will have a higher elo. Because win/loss determines your elo - you're just not starting at the same point, since starting point is based off the teams average solo queue elo. So it is a fair way of doing ratings, and gets people around their skill. If they deserve to be against better players, they'll win to the point that they play against their skill level. So, for Ranked5s it is 100% fair.

You could argue solo queue is unfair because of random teammates, but it's just as fair. If you look at it, a solo queue game, your team has YOU + 4 randoms, and the other team has 5 randoms. The odds are slightly in your favor, assuming you're a good player who can carry a game. There is a better chance 5 randoms has a troll than 4 randoms. Duo queue raises your chances even more. Ranked gets you to the rating you deserve. The rating system is good.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »
Well said MyeRs, you sir are an exceptional writer.