Author Topic: My latest map, lava elimination!  (Read 5468 times)

medley crew 2

My latest map, lava elimination!
« on: June 27, 2006, 08:33:47 AM »
With help from my friend, i have made this map: a floating platform over a massive pool of lava! Grab it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/24326111/lavaelim.bsp.html

i noticed in some of the older jump maps, if you shoot someone, they don't die. instead, they get pushed over. how do you make it so that happens? it would make this map more fun if you had to push the people off into the lava rather than just killing them.

screens of course...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 07:51:20 PM by medley crew 2 »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: My latest map, lava elimination!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 09:26:31 AM »
It's a server-side setting.  "set nokill 1"

medley crew 2

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 09:29:21 AM »
thanx

medley crew 1

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
WASSUP? tis muah, medley crew 1! I came up with the layout design of this map and medley crew 2 programmed it! cuz were just tight like that. the maps pretty cool, huh?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:12:39 PM »
I see no layout. I see a box and a rectangle. ;)

But interesting idea. I'm not sure if it will work, though...

EDIT: Huh, I didn't know balls pushed that much with nokill on. It works okay, but the map would look better lit. Also, it'd be nice to have something holding the platform up, and using the metal texture for lava is kind of ugly...

medley crew 1

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 07:00:27 AM »
I see no layout. I see a box and a rectangle. ;)

But interesting idea. I'm not sure if it will work, though...

EDIT: Huh, I didn't know balls pushed that much with nokill on. It works okay, but the map would look better lit. Also, it'd be nice to have something holding the platform up, and using the metal texture for lava is kind of ugly...
::)     t kinda looks cooler with no pillar holding it up. Also, we coudnt find any lava textures, and we were aiming for a simple layout. SHEESH! were just starting out with this BSP stuff!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:32:46 AM by medley crew 1 »

medley crew 2

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 09:43:18 AM »
eiii can you show me where i can get a lava texture? cuz i admit that really would help a lot

medley crew 1

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 10:04:18 AM »
eiii can you show me where i can get a lava texture? cuz i admit that really would help a lot
look up pics on gogle for it, thats wut i would do

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 10:08:17 AM »

Try downloading the media pack on my site, it contains a package of my env, textures, and sound folders (and I have a lot of lava textures).

medley crew 2

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 10:09:18 AM »
kk thanx bug

...jeez this is takin like 2 hrs to download

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 10:13:10 AM »
kk thanx bug

It's 68.5 megs, if you have dialup, deal with it. It may be big, but it'll pretty much remove the need to download textures for almost every map you visit.

medley crew 1

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 10:22:50 AM »
kk thanx bug

It's 68.5 megs, if you have dialup, deal with it. It may be big, but it'll pretty much remove the need to download textures for almost every map you visit.
woah! I gotta download that!

medley crew 2

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 10:24:48 AM »
i'm imagining how long this would take if i had dial up. "30...hrs...remaining..."

*when its done downloading, where do we install it so that the textures show up on bsp?

**by the way, it went down to 30 min, u know how it does that? it starts at like 3 hr then goes down

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 10:55:57 AM »
i'm imagining how long this would take if i had dial up. "30...hrs...remaining..."

*when its done downloading, where do we install it so that the textures show up on bsp?

**by the way, it went down to 30 min, u know how it does that? it starts at like 3 hr then goes down

Answer to *:
   I don't use BSP, so I'm not sure, but if I recall correctly it's c:\bsp\quake2\textures or something like that.

Answer to **:
   Remaining time is generally calculated by dividing your kb/s speed by the size of the data yet to be downloaded. Therefore, if you lag, or your kbps rate drops, the remaining time will go up or down, variably.

medley crew 2

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 11:03:36 AM »
lol, dont gotta go all math on me...

but thanx anyway

also, can u tell me which directory the lava textures are in? cuz theres like 50...

medley crew 2

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 11:13:37 AM »
k, i found the lava textures, but... theres another problem. they dont show up in paintball, all i get is this texture

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 11:26:03 AM »
k, i found the lava textures, but... theres another problem. they dont show up in paintball, all i get is this texture

Well you DO have to put the folders from the media pack in your env, textures, and sound folders respectively ::)

medley crew 2

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »

Well you DO have to put the folders from the media pack in your env, textures, and sound folders respectively ::)

i did. but it still wont show up. i unpacked them using winrar

medley crew 2

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 11:38:18 AM »
nvm it works now  ;D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 11:44:04 AM »
If those are the lava textures from quake2, they're copyrighted and you can't legally redistribute them.